As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I own, like, 8-9 hats

• HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I love that morning suits and top hats are still traditional for UK weddings

Hope to god tuxes never replace them
    The evening equivalent to morning dress is white tie and tails!

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    Sooooooooooooo according to my sister, my dad no longer wishes to visit me in June and has been trying to persuade my sister or brother to take his place.

Um, thanks, dad.

But speaking to my other sister it seems as if he's being weird towards the entire family in general, so trying not to take offence.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    How rude!!

That's rubbish though, I'm sorry to hear that!

I should like more hats, but I get impatient with them blowing off my head in the wind. I will be buying stuff this weekend, if I get anything nice then pictures will come.

Whoops, that was meant for the kids thread! That'll teach me to have more than a few windows open.

Not that it really matters, but it's more pertinent to the kids thread because he's supposed to be wanting to see the baby.

Harrier wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    I love that morning suits and top hats are still traditional for UK weddings

Hope to god tuxes never replace them
    The evening equivalent to morning dress is white tie and tails!

Indeed!

Morning dress is always for weddings though as I believe that it is still law in the UK that you have to be married before 4 pm

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    That's a bit weird.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I did wear a top hat to the last wedding I went too

She tells the truth

Until very recently, as in the past few years, the only places you could get married were places of religious worship or registrars' offices, too

They recently got rid of the rule that allowed us (the English) to kill a Scotsmen in York if they are carrying a bow and arrow :(

Now more places hold licenses - like stately homes, castles and a few halls and the like - but you must still be married in a licensed place

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »

She tells the truth

I thought you wore top hats to every event you attended?

Even when they're placed on top of your hat with the magnifying glasses.

Also Janson that's not good at all! I hope there's some kind of resolution to your dad being like that

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    Liiya wrote: »
    They recently got rid of the rule that allowed us (the English) to kill a Scotsmen in York if they are carrying a bow and arrow :(

How will we stop the Scottish now

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Aw I am sorry to hear that about your dad, janson : (

I have a fair number of hats but I pretty much only wear them in winter. I could do with a big floppy sun hat

I don't know!!

Edcrab wrote: »

She tells the truth

I thought you wore top hats to every event you attended?

Even when they're placed on top of your hat with the magnifying glasses.

Also Janson that's not good at all! I hope there's some kind of resolution to your dad being like that

This is why I love Christmas

I put the party hats from crackers on my regular hats
    165296_492320473736_663963736_5992764_7477266_n.jpg

I don't know!!

Edcrab lives to the North, he can sort it out

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I wear baseball caps in the summer so my scalp doesn't burn, but I don't pretend it's fashionable. You can pull off hats if you're attractive enough that no one cares what you wear (see White Collar) but for the rest of us, noooopeee.

Peccavi wrote: »
    You can pull off hats if you're attractive enough that no one cares

Emergency solved

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I own like 2 hats that I didn't make myself

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular

I don't know!!

Edcrab lives to the North, he can sort it out

Right but... for me to eliminate the Scots would involve self-mutilation of some sort

Dammit Gumpy, I'm beginning to regret allowing you to be Secret King of Britain.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Guys, just post pictures of outfits you think are nice; photographs, illustrations, fashion plates whatever. When I head back home in the summer me, my mom and my dressmaker are gonna make a bunch of new outfits for me because I only have a very casual wardrobe.

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Went to lookbook to see if there were any I could link on a random thought. Remembered that lookbook is ridiculous.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    tumblr links are good too, and yeah lookbook is . . . weird.

[edit] the only that isn't of much use to me are pictures of clothing that billow over the waist

Muse Among Men on
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Hats can be classy...
    classyspain.jpg

(yes I am taking a pot of tea down to the pool, what of it?)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    that's not very classy at all!

hair cut! picture also featuring revlon lip butter in candy apple
    kind of a weird expression going on here
    photo6.jpg

just got the layers around my face touched up, and I have sort-of bangs at the moment which will blend into the rest of my hair when it's curly!

• HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    For the love of Christ don't wear it with a t-shirt.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    thats almost as bad as a fedora + trenchcoat (+naruto forehead protector) combo

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Awesome haircut bits! :^: bangs are rockin

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    @bowtiedseal you look fantastic!! I love that shade of the lip butter on you too!

Does anyone have any recommendations for some summer eyeshadow kits? I've only really got some awesome eyeshadow pallets for the winter and wanna go on a Sephora trip as soon as exams end.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    thanks guys!

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I am surprised that so many people here are anti-hats.

There is nothing wrong with hats.

These used to be pretty in here:

list_l15964041674ee854d612f8a.jpg

But now these are:

list_l13496286704ee55ae7b56a7.jpg

I guess I feel that hats are a stylish accessory (unless you're talking baseball caps, which can be stylish or not) and in a culture where men generally dress down rather than up, adding a hat for style can look a bit ridiculous.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    bits ugh

biiiiits

(that means it looks amaaaaazing. Though I still love the curls best)

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Bits I am double-plus jealous of your lip shape. And that color looks awesome.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Sheri wrote: »
    bits ugh

biiiiits

(that means it looks amaaaaazing. Though I still love the curls best)

thanks! me too. but having it straight-ironed at the salon means I don't have to do anything to it for a few days!
    Bits I am double-plus jealous of your lip shape. And that color looks awesome.

thanks! my lips are probably my favorite facial feature because they are the easiest to slap some color on

HATS YOU SAY
    BLTB6.jpg

ejohb.jpg
    I made every accessory in this photo

Extra photo cuz it is the best photo of me ever
    ssBCN.jpg

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

buy up some selkies and set em loose

This discussion has been closed.