As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeon Defenders] - Dungeon Defenders II: The Dungeoning coming soon! Free-to-play!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    was that normal egg size ?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    I'm going to assume yes. At least a few nights ago, that was a price I sold at almost instantly.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    I sold normal (aka "small") eggs for 150M yesterday evening. I will probably try selling any others I find for 200M tonight.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    The eggmarket is getting pretty flooded hard. selling a normal egg over 200 mill will be pretty tough i think.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    hmm. i might have accidentally only put mine up for 2 million.

damn the lack of skippable videos on mac version

looks like i did, but noone bought them, so i changed them

anyone know what large eggs can be sold for, i have 3-4 of them i think

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »
    hmm. i might have accidentally only put mine up for 2 million.

damn the lack of skippable videos on mac version

looks like i did, but noone bought them, so i changed them

anyone know what large eggs can be sold for, i have 3-4 of them i think

probably 200 mill

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I enjoy the new splash screen when you select the Trendy online.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    So, Goblin Overlords staff the best to go with at the moment if I get one with good stats? What of these staffs that shoot flat?
    http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/Northern_Staff

Is there any other that don't have the V arc that are missing from here?
    http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/Apprentice_Weapons

Got money to burn want to upgrade a new staff!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I cant really see having all projectiles fanning out being a terribly good thing. I mean, with the 2 stacking in the middle, you get twice the damage without having to get any closer to whatever you're shooting at, but with them all fanned out, you need to be much closer for it to be effective. Which is kinda a bad thing with the apprentice.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    I cant really see having all projectiles fanning out being a terribly good thing. I mean, with the 2 stacking in the middle, you get twice the damage without having to get any closer to whatever you're shooting at, but with them all fanned out, you need to be much closer for it to be effective. Which is kinda a bad thing with the apprentice.

I guess I'm misunderstanding what the spread would look like...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    So, Goblin Overlords staff the best to go with at the moment if I get one with good stats? What of these staffs that shoot flat?

Goblin Overlord's Charge is simply easy and quick to farm (because it comes from Raining Goblins). Pretty much every staff is the same, with only minor differences (in my opinion). I'd not go for a staff that fans out all +5 projectiles, though. The double projectile in the center is pretty handy for long-range shooting. Just get something with high stats and over 200 upgrades.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Normally there are two to each side, and two in the middle, stacked on top of each other. What the 'flat' one would be is them all completely spread out.

Think of it slightly like a shotgun. the 'flat' one has a larger spread, allowing you to cover more area, but does less damage at farther ranges than the normal one would.

At least, I think.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Fonz, my Internet has cut out and I'm trying figure out what happened with it.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Has Trendy done more to make people want to do multiplayer together yet.

Because I remember it being incredibly frustrating. Could never put any of my own towers down without getting kicked.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Goblin Overlord's Charge is simply easy and quick to farm (because it comes from Raining Goblins). Pretty much every staff is the same, with only minor differences (in my opinion). I'd not go for a staff that fans out all +5 projectiles, though. The double projectile in the center is pretty handy for long-range shooting. Just get something with high stats and over 200 upgrades.

You're referring specifically to the one with the fan correct? Normal staffs take to 5 projectiles, right?

Edit: Nm, last nights scotch and tired aren't helping my reading comprehension.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

Because I remember it being incredibly frustrating. Could never put any of my own towers down without getting kicked.

There's nothing Trendy can do about the community. Just make your own room if you want to make the rules. Or find a room that's looking for a builder.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    You're referring specifically to the one with the fan correct? Normal staffs take to 5 projectiles, right?

Normal Staves with bonus projectiles can have +5 projectiles (for a total of 6). The 6th projectile doubles down the center "lane". All staves fan out their attack. The Northern Staff adds the 6th projectile as part of the fan, rather than down the center "lane". This seems less powerful to me.

As long as you have at least +1 Projectile and sufficient upgrade levels, you can upgrade the staff to +5 Projectiles. Every few upgrade levels, you can tack an additional projectile as an upgrade. I'd also make sure you pick one with +80 or more Charge Speed, as this increases your DPS if you manually spam attacks (each shot becomes a partial charge).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »

We PAers don't boot players. Just don't play with pubs. They can kick you for their own mercurial reasons that make no sense. People have been kicked for using Retributions (despite it being a decent gun), kicked for playing Enrage auras in the appropriate locations (BECAUSE THEY DON'T DAMAGE RAWR), etc.

Also, if you play with others, it's typically polite to figure out if someone is a designated builder. Typically, people have particular builds that they want to use, which requires all or most of the DU.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

Normal Staves with bonus projectiles can have +5 projectiles (for a total of 6). The 6th projectile doubles down the center "lane". All staves fan out their attack. The Northern Staff adds the 6th projectile as part of the fan, rather than down the center "lane". This seems less powerful to me.

As long as you have at least +1 Projectile and sufficient upgrade levels, you can upgrade the staff to +5 Projectiles. Every few upgrade levels, you can tack an additional projectile as an upgrade. I'd also make sure you pick one with +80 or more Charge Speed, as this increases your DPS if you manually spam attacks (each shot becomes a partial charge).

Yea, thanks, I knew all that about staves, I just misread it. Current one has good charge speed. Guess I'm farming some Staves tonight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    And to tack on Dac, Join the PA Steam Group Chat. People will play, and we're not (not speaking for myself) retarded like that.

I'm retarded in a nice way, like jumping into lava and stuff erry day.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So do we ever use the Steam PA group chat? lol.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Robes wrote: »
    So do we ever use the Steam PA group chat? lol.
    He probably means the General Steam PA group chat, not the Dungeon Defenders Group Steam chat. I know that I NEVER hang out in the Dungeon Defenders Group Steam chat. You can join the General Steam PA group chat here:
    steam://friends/joinchat/103582791429521528

EDIT: Also, new patch is up. I'm downloading it right now.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I do!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Oops, Yea general chat. I log into the PA DD Group every once in a while but no ones ever in it.

I need to stop posted while exhausted obviously. But I won't. And they'll be more mistakes.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oho, new DLC. Mission pack, and a Bounty Hunter. New class?

EDIT: Nope, just a costume for Series EV.

Man in the Mists on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    From what I got to play of it the new map is pretty cool if not a bit buggy. The mix of mini and normal ogres is cool and it's a simple layout. Too many invisible walls for my taste though and the wyvern pathing is borked.

• Options
    but a metroidish skin

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I noticed the Summoner is made of crystals, like the Eternia crystals and the one area previewed in the Shards DLC trailer. I also wonder if he is the hooded stranger that sent the 4 heroes on their quest for the shards. HMMMMMMmmmmmm

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Where are you seeing this Summoner?

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    Enig wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this Summoner?

http://dungeondefenders.com/news

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Ahh, interesting. Seems like it would certainly be a big change of pace from the current classes.

In other news, I sold two more small eggs for 150M each, and a gigantic egg for 300M. I now have 900 million mana in the bank, when two days ago I had less than 1 million 8-)

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    From what I got to play of it the new map is pretty cool if not a bit buggy. The mix of mini and normal ogres is cool and it's a simple layout. Too many invisible walls for my taste though and the wyvern pathing is borked.
    It's 6P (which is kinda nice), about the size of The Summit (so not massively big like Karathiki or Moraggo), and you don't have to own it to play it (only the host needs to have it, as we found out). It's good.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

What do you guys think of Oculus of the Genie King? Fires out in a hexagon pattern centered on the shot origin. I find it's way more likely to have 3-4 or all 6 projectiles hit a target at a way longer range then staffs that shoot in a 6 shot fan.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It's 6P (which is kinda nice), about the size of The Summit (so not massively big like Karathiki or Moraggo), and you don't have to own it to play it (only the host needs to have it, as we found out). It's good.

In related news, is it easy to solo this map? Picked it up because I'm a Metroid whore, but then found the costume is locked. Which sort of annoys me due to it not being mentioned anywhere at all, despite the costume getting a ton of advertising. But if I can solo it easily and get the costume then that isn't a huge deal.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    It doesn't look like it'd be too hard to solo on Hard which unlocks the costume. There's lots of chokes and spawns that lead up to the crystals so you can just build near them for wyvern and mob protection.

• Options
    I love my Series EV. Definitely my favorite class, and now my highest level by far. The weakness against flying enemies is very noticeable though.

I guess I need to figure out how to use Squire or App turrets properly to counter wyverns.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    Enig wrote: »
    I love my Series EV. Definitely my favorite class, and now my highest level by far. The weakness against flying enemies is very noticeable though.

I guess I need to figure out how to use Squire or App turrets properly to counter wyverns.

i find an upgraded harpoon or magic missle tower works well. a single upgrade is good on medium, i imagine going up two would be plenty on hard

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It doesn't look like it'd be too hard to solo on Hard which unlocks the costume. There's lots of chokes and spawns that lead up to the crystals so you can just build near them for wyvern and mob protection.

You can get the costume on medium.

• Options
    Morkath wrote: »

You can get the costume on medium.

Even better, we did it on hard. Got some decent myth pets on hard too.

Also the starting on waves past 8 on Survival is freakin awesome, wave 13 gave me something like 3k mana for alchemy labs.

From what I've read on the forums though, pet quality suffers if you start earlier and they will be decreasing the mob spawns (maybe) for Survival when the new patch/achievement hits.

Oh and the new achievement is in line with Mythical Cupid for levels of bullshittery.
    Transcendent Survivalist
    You completed 30 waves of Nightmare Survival on every Campaign mission, and are thus rewarded!

• Options

Even better, we did it on hard. Got some decent myth pets on hard too.

Also the starting on waves past 8 on Survival is freakin awesome, wave 13 gave me something like 3k mana for alchemy labs.

From what I've read on the forums though, pet quality suffers if you start earlier and they will be decreasing the mob spawns (maybe) for Survival when the new patch/achievement hits.

Oh and the new achievement is in line with Mythical Cupid for levels of bullshittery.
    Transcendent Survivalist
    You completed 30 waves of Nightmare Survival on every Campaign mission, and are thus rewarded!
    ...None of us are ever getting that achievement, I suspect.

M A G I K A Z A M
This discussion has been closed.