As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bellevue/Seattle Residents: PAX Map

• Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I should probably mention that the Starbucks in Bellevue is closed on weekends.

Azio on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Here's a new draft, this is only phase one, the remaining flags will be implemented soon enough.

DowntownBellevue-FF.jpg

Taramoor on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    I believe Matt's Famous Chili Dogs was demolished as well. Not positive though.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    I believe Matt's Famous Chili Dogs was demolished as well. Not positive though.

Damnit! I need to just go down there and confirm all those locations in person.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Azio wrote:
    I should probably mention that the Starbucks in Bellevue is closed on weekends.

There are about 10 Starbucks in downtown and a few are open on weekends.

Also the chili dog place has been straight leveled.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    And you forgot the Pagliacci's again.

Weaver on
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Oh man, they tore down the DQ? That was the only place I went to for food last year.

Actually, wait, forcing me to go somewhere else will be a good thing.

Hey, and Rank

What the Pho is where we're going

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2006
    ok

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    valve is on the tenth floor of a building that isn't very far from the meydenbauer, but i'm not sure they'd be happy about people taking the elevator up there and throwing crowbars out the door into the lobby

bungie is in kirkland and they have fucking security so fat chance of anybody getting in there

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Who said anything about throwing? We're going to reverently lay them by the door as offerings.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    there is no fucking door

unless you plan on stepping out into the lobby and revealing your identity then you will need to throw them out of the elevator into the lobby

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    So it's even more like that scene in The Matrix Reloaded than I would have expected.

Also, I bet their office has the slowest elevator in the known universe. And the lights go off while you're waiting for it.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2006
    ctishman wrote:
    So it's even more like that scene in The Matrix Reloaded than I would have expected.

Also, I bet their office has the slowest elevator in the known universe. And the lights go off while you're waiting for it.

Aren't you supposed to be studying french, or something?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2006
    Yes, but the fucking subjunctive present is kicking my ass.
    Most verbs form their subjunctive stem from the third person plural of the present indicative.

Seriously. What the fuck? It's like their aim isn't to actually teach the language, but instead throw out as many grammar buzzwords within the space of a sentence as they can.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Yeah, that's harsh, man.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2006
    Question to you guys, what shopping/entertainment experiences should I include on the map? I've already got Gamestop, Anime Kingdom, Lincoln Square and the galleria on there, but am stumped for what else to include. Best Buy?

I'm thinking I'll print out a few large color ones to hang up at PAX. I'll have to run it by my lead enforcer, but I think it might help people and it'll give me something to while away the hours.

I'm also going to add ATMs and banking centers so it will seem even more cluttered and illegible.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    There's an ATM inside of the Meydenbauer center, and given the lack of National City banks on the west coast, one ATM is as good as another as far as i'm concerned.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    There's an ATM inside of the Meydenbauer center, and given the lack of National City banks on the west coast, one ATM is as good as another as far as i'm concerned.

Yes, but that ATM ran out of money in the first two hours of PAX... both times.

So what banks do people use? WaMu and Bank of America are the big ones around here as far as I know, but there's also KeyBank and Wells Fargo.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Fuck keybank, those bastards built a building taller than our tallest building (that also looks cooler). Plus they suck as a bank.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Fuck keybank, those bastards built a building taller than our tallest building (that also looks cooler). Plus they suck as a bank.

That's not helpful.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Taramoor wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:

That's not helpful.

Here in Cleveland, we have a building called the terminal tower, it's about 42 stories tall and is of cool ass art deco styling. At one time it was the tallest building outside of NYC. In the 1990s, Key Back (called Society Bank at the time) built what is now known as Key Tower next to the old historical Society Building (which was very short, maybe 5-7 stories). Nobody had built a building taller than ther Terminal Tower in Cleveland out of respect. Key Bank threw that respect away and built a building slightly taller. Therefore, I hate them and their bank sucks. Plus in terms of their banking regulations, they also suck.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Taramoor wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:

That's not helpful.

Here in Cleveland, we have a building called the terminal tower, it's about 42 stories tall and is of cool ass art deco styling. At one time it was the tallest building outside of NYC. In the 1990s, Key Back (called Society Bank at the time) built what is now known as Key Tower next to the old historical Society Building (which was very short, maybe 5-7 stories). Nobody had built a building taller than ther Terminal Tower in Cleveland out of respect. Key Bank threw that respect away and built a building slightly taller. Therefore, I hate them and their bank sucks. Plus in terms of their banking regulations, they also suck.

I know it's true, my Dad had KeyBank for a while, until they tried to overdraft him for close to $1000 off of three or so charges.

It's not, however, helpful. What banks DO you guys use? The only major banks I know around Meydenbauer are Wells Fargo, KeyBank, Bank of America, and Washington Mutual.

There are other, lesser known banks like Umpqua, China Trust, etc. What banks should I look for?

Taramoor on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    Taramoor wrote:
    There are other, lesser known banks like Umpqua...

I heard they give you wampum when you withdraw. Just what I heard.

As for entertainment at night, there is little else in Bellevue aside from what you listed. For shopping, Bellevue Square and the surrounding block or so should fit anyone's needs.

Doc on
  • Options
    HolyHesusHolyHesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Taramoor wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:

That's not helpful.

my mom works as a teller in Union Bank of California, that isnt helpfull either, but if you open an account there you get some kick ass stuff. yah.

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    I use Bank of America. Mostly because it's right next to my work and it sucks less than Wells Fargo does(which is also next to my work).

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    I use Bank of America. Mostly because it's right next to my work and it sucks less than Wells Fargo does(which is also next to my work).

your avatar is hypnotizing

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    HolyHesus wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

your avatar is hypnotizing

Indeed. I usually have it as an avatar of myself doing something silly, but it got changed to this in the greaty winky invasion of '06, so I just left it like that.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    ah your from kirkland i was thinking since if the canadians are having a party the washingtonians should have one too. maybe raid bellevue square as pirates and take over the boat.... but just a thought.

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    HolyHesus wrote:
    ah your from kirkland i was thinking since if the canadians are having a party the washingtonians should have one too. maybe raid bellevue square as pirates and take over the boat.... but just a thought.

Indeed.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    I dont' think parties need to be exclusivized to specific groups (except for the Canadians because they hate our beer), being that there will be an insane amount of parties going on and to limit yourself to one with people from your state causes a couple of problems. One, your party might be lame, and if you're so adamant of sticking to your party, you might miss a really cool party. Two, you won't meet nearly as many people if you limit your party to your locale. That said, PARTY IN POD 6, y'all!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    I dont' think parties need to be exclusivized to specific groups (except for the Canadians because they hate our beer), being that there will be an insane amount of parties going on and to limit yourself to one with people from your state causes a couple of problems. One, your party might be lame, and if you're so adamant of sticking to your party, you might miss a really cool party. Two, you won't meet nearly as many people if you limit your party to your locale. That said, PARTY IN POD 6, y'all!

Yeah, well.

Legacy on
  • Options
    padmeamandapadmeamanda Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Just a note... don't bother going to the Azteca in Bellevue, that's the worst Azteca in the whole chain... they give smaller portions and take forever to get you food.

I'll definately recommend Red Robin though, bottomless steak fries and bottomless Strawberry Lemonade FTW.

padmeamanda on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    Just a note... don't bother going to the Azteca in Bellevue, that's the worst Azteca in the whole chain... they give smaller portions and take forever to get you food.

I'll definately recommend Red Robin though, bottomless steak fries and bottomless Strawberry Lemonade FTW.

However, they cut you off after like two alcoholic drinks, apparently. I've never tried, myself.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    FUCK Red Robin that place is worse than the resturant from Office Space.

They even wear flare.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Weaver wrote:

They even wear flare.

Fuck you.

Their fries >>> you. :P

Legacy on
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Weaver wrote:

They even wear flare.

Oh man I love Red Robin. I guess I've been lucky to not have to endure perky servers at our local restaurant.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2006
    I'm totally going to go eat at Red Robin now, just for spite.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Drink are horrendously expensive at Red Robin too.

Weaver on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    Any good karaoke in the area?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Rock Bottom has karaoke on Sunday nights I think, other than that Seattle's Best karaoke is across the lake and is where we went last year.

Weaver on
This discussion has been closed.