As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mom Effect

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    how did you guys level up ballistic blades

I went for +angle > +range > explosive, but I'm not too sure about those last two

on the one hand, it seems like explosion well go off even if that target dies before 3 seconds have passed. also, explosions seems like the only way to get blades to damage armor

on the other, I've noticed that, even with the range increase, my mid-range damage is lacking. maybe I should drop range or pick up +damage, +bleed?
    i've been wishing i took explosive

and i took the range upgrade and highly suspect that it is bullshit

you shouldn't be using ballistic blades on anything that isn't in your face
    I also, inferno grenade is boss
    inferno grenades are okay, but you need a lot of points in them

points i can't afford without sacrificing something better
    I went with three in batarian whatever and five in fitness
    so you're sacrificing a butt-ton of shields and health and also about 40 points of weight capacity

just terrible

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    inferno grenades

the batset will be my melee strongman

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I love that Mama Shepard got rejected by Kaidan.

But I predict that she will fall hard for Garrus in ME2 as others have done before her! Just you wait.

but... the priiizee

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CabbsCabbs Registered User regular
    Pro-Tip: if you are perched on that ladder/hack location in firebase Reactor from which you can see enemy spawns over some machinery, Do Not Charge At Them. Because it crashes the game.

Well it crashed mine at least. could not resist charging the clustered band of squishies. Even assuming it had worked, it is almost certain I would have ended up in the ceiling or floor after ghosting through an invisible wall like that. Should have known better.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    how did you guys level up ballistic blades

I went for +angle > +range > explosive, but I'm not too sure about those last two

on the one hand, it seems like explosion well go off even if that target dies before 3 seconds have passed. also, explosions seems like the only way to get blades to damage armor

on the other, I've noticed that, even with the range increase, my mid-range damage is lacking. maybe I should drop range or pick up +damage, +bleed?
    i've been wishing i took explosive

and i took the range upgrade and highly suspect that it is bullshit

you shouldn't be using ballistic blades on anything that isn't in your face

I go damage->range->explosive. The default arc is pretty huge; I'm not feeling the loss of 20 degrees. Does pretty well on Silver. On Gold it's got the same problem all soldiers do: no defense stripping abilities aside from dakka.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    do you notice the range upgrade? i took it and found I was doing jack beyond maybe 5-6 meters, not 12, let alone the ridiculous 18m advertised in the upgrade

• Options
    inferno grenade isn't a defense-stripping ability?

• Options
    do you notice the range upgrade? i took it and found I was doing jack beyond maybe 5-6 meters, not 12, let alone the ridiculous 18m advertised in the upgrade

It isn't anything like 18m--or at least it sure doesn't feel like it--but it'll reliably hit from a pretty good distance.

I was hitting dudes in the drop zone from the top of the tower that overlooks the entrance to the drop zone in Firebase Condor with it.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I can't wait to watch mama shep fail miserably at the end of ME2

Good luck saving your mom from herself, speed

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    biggitiobiggitio Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My mom got me into reading, fantasy, and science fiction. We spent endless hours watching the original Star Wars trilogy and the Indiana Jones trilogy when I was young. She also hooked me up with Tolkien.

My dad got me into video games. I pretty much begged for an NES, and it went downhill from there. He and I would play the shit out of SMB, and he bought himself a Gameboy when it came out. I am now 28, and that fucking Gameboy just died a few years ago when he was playing what was probably his one millionth game of Tetris.

biggitio on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Oh hey, last round of a silver match on Hydra, hacking point has three atlases on top of it.

We didn't complete the hack :(

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    shoulda missiled the crap outta them

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Oh hey, last round of a silver match on Hydra, hacking point has three atlases on top of it.

We didn't complete the hack :(

Missile.

Or abandon the hack point, kite the Atlases away, leave someone to kill them and have the other couple people run into the hack zone

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Wait, I was reading a bit through what I missed, and why can't you people decide whether the Mattock is good or not?

• Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    Shabooty wrote: »
    just look at dichotomy

dude is gonna be stark raving mad before he's done

batarian soldier must be unlocked

no matter the cost

Dichotomy.jpg

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I fucking hate it when I am doing super well and my internet disconnects for no reason.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Well I've gotten to the point where I'm dreaming about owning silver and gold matches with my infiltrator

Was really disappointed when I woke up today

(I'm disappointed when I wake up MOST days! Doh-ho-ho-ho)

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    really? I dreamed I was running for the office of american president on the platform that I'd fix all problems by banning racism and taxing the shit out of the rich and then using the presidential motorcade to go to wendy's just because

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    i finally got a batarian soldier and man these guys just look so gross

i like to pretend all the grenades he's carrying are just piss warm cans of oh let's say miller high life

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I unlocked the batarian soldier pretty much on the first day, but only got around to trying him out today. I really like his melee stuff.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    the striker is so much fun I don't even care if it's awful

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Okay, I wasn't sold on the Salarian Infiltrator. And then I got the Disciple and put Bonus Power on my Cloak. SOLD.

Sucks against Reapers, but works great with Geth and Cerberus.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    guys how in the dang HECK do i build this batarian soldier

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    don't take long range on ballistic blades - fact

do take explosive - opinion

neither of those are labeled right you say

how about you suck it

• Options
    i saw a few people say they forewent inferno nades altogether but i dunno

maybe i should take em since i'm not much of a melee guy

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, I was reading a bit through what I missed, and why can't you people decide whether the Mattock is good or not?

Wait, what? The Mattock is awesome, unless you want a bullet hose of an assault rifle rather than a precision almost-sniper rifle.

At this point my love for the Mattock has been transferred over to the Carnifex, though.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I don't take inferno nades

rather have all the melee stuff in fitness

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I love that Mama Shepard got rejected by Kaidan.

But I predict that she will fall hard for Garrus in ME2 as others have done before her! Just you wait.

but... the priiizee

no way, she's gonna end up going for jacob, michael jordan's great great great grandson and heir to his fortune

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    My internet connection is the worst. It dropped me on the last wave of three gold games in a row. All that delicious cash, lost.

• Options
    The cooldown on my krogan battlemaster is -194%

With barrier up I can fire carnage, like, every ten minutes.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I'm not sure carnage is worth it for the battlemaster. Carnage and biotic charge kind of work against each other

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    barrier is actually worth detonating

it's weird

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »
    I'm not sure carnage is worth it for the battlemaster. Carnage and biotic charge kind of work against each other

I'm not taking biotic charge

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    So instead of unstoppable force you went with immovable object? Yuck!

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    i saw a few people say they forewent inferno nades altogether but i dunno

maybe i should take em since i'm not much of a melee guy

Infernades own, crwth, take them if you wish to own too

• Options
    Butters wrote: »
    So instead of unstoppable force you went with immovable object? Yuck!

immovable object WITH HUGE GUNS

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    krogan vanguard without charge

do you also equip the shuriken and mantis on your kroguard

• Options
    He's not a vanguard, he's a battlemaster.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    And right now he has the striker and the crusader equipped

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    I really wish you could have multiple builds

This discussion has been closed.