As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    MadEddy is also a green
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    woohoo! I'm speshul!

I've had a thought about color associations, and mine are

@MadEddy - bright purple, probably because I think that color would look great on you!

On the one hand, I like both of these colors! On the other, now I kind of feel like the Green Goblin. :P

And bits, I like your new haircut!

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I realize I actually have a lot of hats, though I hardly ever wear any.

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Ladies can wear hats. Ladies can even wear awful hats like fedoras.

Nothing. Matters.
    My mom is threatening/promising to wear an enormous hat to my graduation next month, because it's on the same day as the Kentucky Derby.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    But what I'm saying is that guys can wear hats too, they just can't slap on a fancy hat with a t-shirt and khaki shorts and hope that it's stylish instead of silly. (This seems like a p obvious rule for everyone, honestly.)

Also Eddy your mom is clearly a boss.

And Sheri's last picture is adorable.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Ladies can wear hats. Ladies can even wear awful hats like fedoras.

9UzvE.jpg
    Am8Ie.jpg

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    hm

yes

And Sheri's last picture is adorable.

Thanks! My excellent friend Stacy took it (I photographed her wedding).

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I've been thinking about my statement re: men's hats and I think I have found the thing to best illustrate my point

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    yeah i 100% agree with lost, hats are an accessory and if you wear them with a t-shirt you might as well wear a tie or gloves because youll look ridiculous either way

only exception is wearing a baseball cap out to a hard day's work on the field 9q9

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Gonna start wearing an Indiana Jones hat everywhere, bullwhip at my side.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    @bowtiedseal

holy crap that is a GORGEOUS photo of you, you look hot! nice hair, lady, and that lipstick suits you fiiiiine :)

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Bits; love the bangs! And still envious of how well you pull off bright lips. :)

@Sheri yesssssssssss

I do not pull off a fedora nearly as well as you.

Also as an update to what I accidentally posted earlier in the thread, my dad is actually being more of a butts than I thought.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Also as an update to what I accidentally posted earlier in the thread, my dad is actually being more of a butts than I thought.

:(

Sheri wrote: »
    I did not actually buy it, alas
    Boo!

But then again, I have far too many hats I don't actually get around to wearing, so I understand!
    Peccavi wrote: »

:(

Indeeeed, ugh!

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    @bowtiedseal

Whoa.

Amazing. You look great!

Whiny rant time:
    So my dad is probably not going to visit, and he has not asked me how I am in several weeks, nor has he shown any interest in his future first grandchild.

But, apparently he is being distant with all his children, not just me. I thought that maybe I hadn't made enough effort to reach out to him, but my sister Fran said that even when we have made the effort, he hasn't appreciated it or reciprocated it. The other day she invited him out to lunch and all he did was talk about himself and how great his new life is.

He also told her (speaking to her as if she wasn't his daughter, which I noticed he's been doing to me too) that he wishes he'd never had kids, that they ('we') have held him back all these years and prevented him from living the life he wanted to lead, and how much happier he is now he can travel by himself and spend his money on his girlfriend.

He also cancels on visits with my youngest brother and sister quite often in order to spend more time with his girlfriend instead, and to make up for his absences he will just throw money at them.

He visits my aunt (his sister) twice a week, and spends more time with my cousins (to whom he is the cool uncle) than with my brothers and sisters. They were introduced to his girlfriend first and my sister has to hear from my cousin about how wonderful his new girlfriend is. Apparently my aunt also said how much she always disliked my mother and admitted to having encouraged my dad's extramarital affairs. Oh, and ought I to add that my dad supports my aunt and cousins quite a bit financially and emotionally?

That is pretty much the long and short of it.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Big hugs Janson! I'm so sorry your dad's being a jerk <3

your dad is a piece of shit, break off all contact with him

sorry that was probably too mean : ( I mean it about not bothering with him though, at best this is just some crappy mid-life crisis and at worst he is just a selfish jerk-o and youd eserve way better

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I actually told her the exact same thing

Her dad is being a gigantic whiny baby

edited April 2012
    i just dont want to be rude about other people's dads! I get SO EMOTIONAL over dads!!

anyway, damn you bits and your ability to pull of vibrant red lips! damn you

mensch-o-matic on
    Thanks, Usagi

mensch - yeah I am actually leaning that way. Uuuugh I always thought I'd be the last person to have dad issues

Janson I'm so sorry.

Sounds like he's turning into a child and you and your siblings are having to deal with his issues regarding your mother. Dude needs to fucking grow up.

Don't let him stress you out. Want me to beat him up?

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Thanks for all of the lovely things said, I am very flattered : )

And janson, the situation with your dad sounds pretty awful. I'm sorry you and your siblings are bearing the brunt of his recent terribleness!
    anyway, damn you bits and your ability to pull of vibrant red lips! damn you

Haha this is actually the first red that I've found that i liked! And I bet you could totally pull off a red lip!

Sassori - I'll bear your offer in mind. ;)

Thank you for the sympathy, ladies! I suppose at least he's treating us all like this and not singling out any one kid. We have each other! Just wish I wasn't 6,000 miles away from my siblings, really.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Basically I think your dad's being a big whiny baby

And I'm sure eventually he'll get sick of his current girlfriend and try to come back to your family

At which point everyone should be like NUH-UH and let him sit in his own shit

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Basically I think your dad's being a big whiny baby

And I'm sure eventually he'll get sick of his current girlfriend and try to come back to your family

At which point everyone should be like NUH-UH and let him sit in his own shit

Hear hear. (Not that I'm entitled to comment.)

I've recently had family being similarly horrible to other family members and I'd love to cut all ties but my dad's insisting that we need to de-escalate the situation or whatever.

Frankly I'd prefer to just hold people accountable for being giant sacks of shit but I guess I understand his angle

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    Family drama is the worst.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    My mother is forcing us to do family pictures today. Please shoot me

Oh god, oh god, gladly, no one should have to suffer that!

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    isn't that the plan?

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I HAD THE BEST MAKEUP DREAM

I went into a store and there was so much makeup and it was all so cheap and there were these absolutely beautiful eyeliners (dark violets with colored sheen) and none of it exists in real life :(

Awww!

Man that does sound like a fantastic eyeliner colour.

• EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I HAD THE BEST MAKEUP DREAM

I went into a store and there was so much makeup and it was all so cheap and there were these absolutely beautiful eyeliners (dark violets with colored sheen) and none of it exists in real life :(

Perhaps, it is your destiny to create these eyeliners.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
    I survived the pictures. My family all yelled at me to smile but the photographer seemed to think I was great.

Maybe she has a sick sense of humor.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Sorry to hear about your dad, Janson... He sounds like a complete wanker. :(

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Sassori wrote: »
    isn't that the plan?

oh hohohohoho

Janson my condolences on your father being a jerk. Hopefully he'll come to his senses and realize what a wonderful family he already has

Thanks, Viv and Didge... it's so bizarre; just 8 months ago he was a completely different person. Oh well!

This discussion has been closed.