As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mom Effect

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    My geth infiltrator uses a disciple even though I have a GPS

madness

whoa, shoe

you're doing it wrong

you'd better stop!

if I can get my melee stunner up to v I'm switching to a pistol

Want cloak on the lowest possible cooldown for my geth rogue
    honestly weight is not a big concern for infiltrators

it's one of the few classes that can effectively use the claymore

cloak gets a recharge bonus proportional to how much of the duration you're not using, so even at -200% you can get it to a short cooldown as long as you aren't keeping it on for a huge amount of time (even down to 3 seconds if you just use it to boost a shot)

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I just played a game with a Krogan Sentinel using a geth pulse rifle with a scope and stability mod. Maaaaybe I was being a little over the top with regards to people playing wrong, but this is too much.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Batarians are awesome is why

awesome at punching things in the face so hard their heads explode why is this so hard to understand

I'm now picturing the snooty upper-class intellectual Batarian soldier who harrumphs condescendingly at his lower-class squadmates who insist on punching enemies like ill-bred savages.

"We have guns, you know. It's like punching people, but with bullets, and from a longer distance away so they can't kill you as...you're not even listening. Why do I bother? This is why Batarians get no respect, you know."

Heh, with a double monocle

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I just played a game with a Krogan Sentinel using a geth pulse rifle with a scope and stability mod. Maaaaybe I was being a little over the top with regards to people playing wrong, but this is too much.

I run with armor piercing and damage on mine

because that fucker needs every ounce of damage that can be squeezed out of it

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    game keeps giving me justicars and battlemasters

this cannot be the work of a random number generator. there is a malicious, taunting intellect at work here

0BnD8l3.gif
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I wish I could play my batarian soldier right now

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    game keeps giving me justicars and battlemasters

this cannot be the work of a random number generator. there is a malicious, taunting intellect at work here

:3

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    the EA server takes a shit on me all the time.. probably have lost a Million credits to that...
    Orca wrote: »
    krogan vanguard without charge

do you also equip the shuriken and mantis on your kroguard

trying to complete the weekend mission new maps I joined a game with a krogan soldier using .. Avenger and Mantis. :(

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have a Widow and I want to slap it on my infiltrator but it's just

so

heavy

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

so

heavy

valiant is always better

mantis is easier to use and not as balls heavy

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I just need as much damage in that one shot as I can possibly get

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I just need as much damage in that one shot as I can possibly get

Well if you feel like dealing with the widow then that's the right gun for damage, but I personally hate the widow

it just handles weird for me and the reload is a million years long

It's a little easier to use if you take the use power while cloaked and have something that can make them stand still for a second, but then you arent getting the damage bonus

I like the valiant because any enemy the widow can kill in one shot the valiant can kill in one clip, and occasionally it'll take less than the full three shots and you can damage something else before having to reload

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited April 2012
    lowered the game sound and put on an end once and for all

made everything remarkably more tolerable

now this sisyphean labor possesses an appropriate melancholy

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif

how about this

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    The widow is ideal when you want to keep your head below cover for as much of the match as practical.

It's not so ideal when you have a horde of dudes rushing you at close range.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I ran into a guy with a black widow 3

It was brutal

• RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    What is with pubbies rushing the enemy on Silver? This is not a complicated strategy: "Engage, then fall back, repeat".

When you rush into three Pyros, kill one, then get knocked down, I'm not coming to get you..

if I had any of the appropriate technology I would make a video of this, with appropriate bits in slow motion for maximum emotional impact

popping out of cover throwing up another decoy
    running to get ammo
    opening a spectre pack only to get another drell vanguard

wouldn't be a dry eye in the house

0BnD8l3.gif
    man I am terribad at melee.

tried to play krogan soldier a bit, specced him all out for melee rage mode etc..
    ugh... gonna take a while to get the timing down or something, I just keep missing or dudes dodge my heavy melee..

honk sound as you get blasted in the face by a Ravager

No wait, that's Leaving Earth

• HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    I just successfully finished a silver round on Hydra for the first time. With full extraction.

Still no luck on Condor.

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    ok I'm hopping on for the first time in quite a while if anyone's interested

limited mic

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

so

heavy

Javelin is much heavier, if you can believe that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited April 2012
    Also, here's my first ever Mass Effect video.

Four Krogans: Three Battlemasters, One Soldier, Benny Hill, and a whole lot of dead Geth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcw369tIYmU

Goatmon on

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    I can only assume this Krogan and Batarian I played with earlier had a bet as to who could melee Banshees and Brutes harder, although it turns out betting on the Banshees and Brutes is better money. I got sick of that shit and just left them to die unless their bleeding remains happened to be in my way. They managed to top off their incompetence by both running out to melee a Banshee on the extraction wave and getting HORRIBLY HORRIBLY KILLED.

I've melee'd tons of brutes to death, and never been ohko'd by one

it's all about timing; brute attack patterns have big holes in them

banshees, though

just stay the fuck away, unless they're down to two pips

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Brutes use their ohko move so infrequently I forget they have it

Until they remind me

xmassig2.gif
    Shorty wrote: »
    I can only assume this Krogan and Batarian I played with earlier had a bet as to who could melee Banshees and Brutes harder, although it turns out betting on the Banshees and Brutes is better money. I got sick of that shit and just left them to die unless their bleeding remains happened to be in my way. They managed to top off their incompetence by both running out to melee a Banshee on the extraction wave and getting HORRIBLY HORRIBLY KILLED.

I've melee'd tons of brutes to death, and never been ohko'd by one

it's all about timing; brute attack patterns have big holes in them

banshees, though

just stay the fuck away, unless they're down to two pips

Banshees can be charged if you wait for them to do other animations. But it's very risky and very easily to get it wrong.

I totally agree on brutes, though I do ocassionally get 1HKOd, it typically goes smoothly.

If--and I grant you it's a big if--you can get 2+ dudes alternately heavy meleeing them, you can interrupt banshees and brutes in their one-hit-kill animation.

It's safer, obviously, if you've got 4 krogans meleeing them at the same time. 8-)

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    OHKOs in ascending threat order:

brute-->atlas-->banshee-->phantom

however, phantoms have so little health that one krogan heavy melee can kill them as soon as their barrier drops (and often before that, especially if in rage mode)

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I've honestly never had much of a problem with phantoms

unless you count not knowing they're anywhere nearby and getting ghost murdered

Maybe that is the problem

xmassig2.gif
    edited April 2012
    misread a thing

Antimatter on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    most dangerous

I get taken down by their sniperglove bullshit more than melee..

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I personally put banshees higher, but that is because one erratically flashing about trapped me once and I couldn't escape and

and

it was horrible

phantoms have killed me more, but not with their ohkos

edited April 2012
    I've honestly never had much of a problem with phantoms

unless you count not knowing they're anywhere nearby and getting ghost murdered

Maybe that is the problem

they're a real problem for some loadouts

I've died to them as an engineer more times than I care to think about, usually because I've gotten flanked, but almost as frequently because they just shot me to death with their stupid little absurdly powerful gun

but if I'm playing a sturdy class (sentinel, anything krogan) with a decent shotgun (especially Geth shotgun, which it's easy to stunlock them with)

fuck 'em

I'll wreck their face

edit: also, asari adepts

stasis makes phantoms a joke

Shorty on
    within the last 24 hours I have gotten the javelin, wraith and talon to II

the game would rather give me ultra-rares than batarian soldier

0BnD8l3.gif
    Seriously wrote: »
    I personally put banshees higher, but that is because one erratically flashing about trapped me once and I couldn't escape and

and

it was horrible

phantoms have killed me more, but not with their ohkos

banshees and phantoms are close

but if you just go by the threat of OHKO, I think phantoms are higher

since a banshee will do a lot of other shit

but a phantom is pretty much always trying to get in there for a OHKO

now if we're talking general threat assessment, that is, if both were in a room, which one I'd be more concerned with?

well, I'd still kill the phantom first, because less health

but the banshee is the one that's going to have my finger twitching to d-pad up

within the last 24 hours I have gotten the javelin, wraith and talon to II

the game would rather give me ultra-rares than batarian soldier

it recognizes your hated for robots

next the toaster will laugh at you

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    So, today I learned that I can be startled during multiplayer games. Particularly, when a Banshee teleported from the ground level on Ghost and ended up behind me inside the main room where the snipers hang out and immediately OHKO'd me.

I also learned that Banshees are evil cheaters.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
This discussion has been closed.