As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Ultimate Comics] Divided We Fall

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I am excite

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm just jaded when it comes to these kind of events but I have zero interest in this. This seems like something that'll be done PURELY as a reach for sales and not because there's any kind of worthwhile storyline there. Bendis is absolutely terrible at writing these kinds of stories (I can't be the only one who remembers Ultimate Power?) and the only thing that's likely to matter with any of this is that Pete will probably leave a pair of his web shooters with Miles.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm just jaded when it comes to these kind of events but I have zero interest in this. This seems like something that'll be done PURELY as a reach for sales and not because there's any kind of worthwhile storyline there. Bendis is absolutely terrible at writing these kinds of stories (I can't be the only one who remembers Ultimate Power?) and the only thing that's likely to matter with any of this is that Pete will probably leave a pair of his web shooters with Miles.

Bendis only did the first 3 issues of Ultimate Power, just saying.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Ultimate Power wasn't bad because of the writing, it was bad because of Greg Land.

And this whole Spider-men thing is a 5 issue miniseries with no crossovers so I don't see how it could be bad. Bendis has shown he can write a great 616 Peter.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    I think that Bendis is a good writer when he has a lot of issues to tell his story and has a sole character to focus on. He may be familiar with Miles and 616 Peter, but I can't remember the last mini-series or short arc of his that I read and truly enjoyed. He's just not good at plotting out those kinds of stories.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I really disagree. Bendis has a great knack for character. Where he starts to trip up is with huge ensemble casts. I think he tries to do too much characterization across everyone and it turns into a lot of noise. With a focus on two people he'll likely knock it out of the park.

Plus, as was mentioned earlier this is going to provide a lot of closure for the Peter Parker stuff in the Ultimate U and will act as an amazing ramping mechanism for pushing Miles into more of the spotlight. Miles has lacked an origin story so far (yeah he got bit by a Spider but there's no real gravitas to any of it) - this is definitely going to fill that gap for him. Plus, Peter is totally going to give him some web shooters.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Also I think that even though this is a five issue miniseries is going to be less bombastic event and more character piece. How the two interact with one another, how Peter interacts with the Ultimate cast, etc. And in those moments Bendis excels, so I'm really excited.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I think the kernal of a good story would get out of this is 616 Peter seeing a universe where he died, but someone was inspired by him enough to pick up the mantle. I think that's an interesting story, and worth breaking Quesada's "No mixing 616 and Ultimate" rule.

I don't doubt that there could be some opportunities for some amazing moments to arise in this book.

However.

It's a crossover, and a five-issue crossover at that. As much as I'd like to see five issues of character-driven stuff, let's remember that this will be a title written for new readers as much as long-time fans.

Issue #1 will likely be the typical "Miles and Peter meet and maybe battle a little bit" issue.

Issue #5 will likely be the typical "It's time to finally figure out a way to get Peter back" issue.

In-between I'm sure we can also count on Peter and Miles teaming up to fight a bad guy or two (maybe a villain will be traveling through with Peter?) and whatnot.

Again, I'd love five issues of everything you guys are talking about. I just don't think that it's very likely to happen.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Bendis never said that.

It was Quesada.

And I'm excited, mainly because with Ultimate Peter dead this can be a really interesting story.

And that was really the stupidest thing you could possibly say.

Quire.jpg
    Bendis never said that.

It was Quesada.

And I'm excited, mainly because with Ultimate Peter dead this can be a really interesting story.

wut

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    I haven't talked to anyone who actually enjoyed the entire Secret Warriors experience.

You should talk to me sometime. Secret Warriors is fantastic.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Bendis never said that.

It was Quesada.

wut

Saying that when your main universe crossed with another very popular universe that your company was creatively bankrupt. That was going to happen eventually.

Sorry I see now that what I said could be interpreted as calling the post I responded to stupid.

Quire.jpg
  • RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    616 Pete meeting Ultimate Gwen

think of the sexy times

nooooooope

Robcham wrote: »
    616 Pete meeting Ultimate Gwen

think of the sexy times

matt-why-dont-you-have-a-seat-over-4497-1287095216-39.jpg

Why don't you have a seat, 616 Spider-Man

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Interview with Humphries about The Ultimates with some colored preview art for issue 10
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38077

From that Diamond summit (more info will be revealed on sunday's panel)
    Captain America returns to the Ultimate Universe this summer for a crossover event between "Ultimate Comics Spider-Man," "Ultimate Comics X-Men" and "Ultimate Comics The Ultimates." Again, Singh promised national attention for the story akin to the death of Johnny Storm based on a key decision a character makes within the course of the crossover.

It'll be interesting to see if it'll be a miniseries with the series tieing in?, main story in the Ultimates?, multi part story that you need to buy all the books :( ?

But excited for Cap to be back!

Maybe Gwen Stacy

will finally become Ms. Marvel as teased on the cover of Ultimate Fallout?

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    From that Diamond summit (more info will be revealed on sunday's panel)
    Captain America returns to the Ultimate Universe this summer for a crossover event between "Ultimate Comics Spider-Man," "Ultimate Comics X-Men" and "Ultimate Comics The Ultimates." Again, Singh promised national attention for the story akin to the death of Johnny Storm based on a key decision a character makes within the course of the crossover.

Oh Goody a multi book crossover that with national attention, should ruin the reveal 2-3 days before the comic is actually released!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Looks like Ultimates and X-Men will cross over as soon as july with the event abbreviation "DWF" .

Dude, What the Fuck

edited April 2012
    unlettered preview of ucsm 10 too http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=12087

also from the asm panel
    Now up: June's Spider-Men, which is, as announced earlier this week, "the beginning of Spider-Man's 50th anniversary" that brings Peter Parker from the Marvel Universe and Miles Morales from the Ultimate Universe together for the first time.

"We're breaking down that wall between the Marvel Universe and the Ultimate Universe, and we're not doing it lightly," Alonso says.

"You can imagine how mind-bending it would be to encounter Peter Parker from another universe, and to discover there is another universe out there," Alonso says of the effect Spider-Men will have on Miles Morales.

Ultimate Gwen Stacy plays a role in the story, and there's a "major revelation about a major character in the Spider-Man mythos" during the series.

"Not an imaginary story, no one's getting bumped in the head at the end of this," Singh adds. "And it begs the question, will we do it again?" Alonso asks

UltimateInferno on

event is called "Divided we Fall" and seems to deal with the nimrods
    1334361987.jpg

Is that suppose to be Kitty on the left?

edited April 2012
    Yeah, it's her new costume as of issue 13 when Wood takes over.

Also it kind of sounds like the event will probably be Captain America fighting to take over the country possibly.

Billy Tan to come onto the Ultimates with issue 13 also.

Also the even with have separate story lines running through all the titles, so you don't need to pick up books you arent already picking up.

UltimateInferno on

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Ultimate Cap is the best.

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    That....

That's kind of awesome. I need to get the first trades of USM and UXM and catch up (I jumped on when they started including digital codes).

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I have to give Adi Granov credit for that probably triple-variant cover. He's really good at drawing texturally-interesting superhero-costume-material stuff, but he thought about it and went "no, fuck it. Kitty has yoga pants and sneakers on, because they work and they're comfortable. And Cap is wearing jeans."

huntresssig.jpg
    edited April 2012
    on the plus side as well, looks like Andrews is off the covers now!
    ULT_DIVIDEDWEFALL_02.jpg

Interview with Wood and Humphries about DWF
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38162

and non-watermarked img of the variants

1334494505.jpg

UltimateInferno on

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    I guess Granov didn't get the memo that the new Spider-Man is around 13-14 yrs old.

tOkYVT2.jpg
    Neither did Andrews ever :P

huntresssig.jpg
    CBR has a summary of the panel here http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38177

ULT_DIVIDEDWEFALL_02.jpg

Wow, that looks awesome

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Ultimate Cap is the best. He's also going to use his tongue as a firing pin to discharge that round.

edited May 2012
    updated Future Ultimate Comic solicits, Really happy that KA is off of cover duties now!
    ULTSM2012010_COV.jpg
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #10
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • DAVID MARQUEZ (a)
    Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    • It’s Prowler vs. Spider-Man! Uncle vs. nephew!
    • The superstar team of Brian Michael Bendis and newcomer David Marquez continue Miles Morales’ journey to becoming a hero!
    USM11.jpg
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #11
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • DAVID MARQUEZ (a)
    Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    • Spider-Man teams up with the Prowler?
    • Isn’t he a bad guy?!
    ULTSM2011012_COV.jpg
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #12
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) DAVID MARQUEZ (a)
    Cover by JORGE MOLINA
    • One of the best reviewed comics in the world continues!
    • Miles must choose between battling his uncle turned crime lord or joining him to keep his family safe!
    • What path will Miles take?!

ULTMTS2011009_COV.jpg
    Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #09
    Jonathan Hickman (W) • Esad Ribic (A)
    Cover By Kaare Andrews
    • S.H.I.E.L.D. Has Been Taken Over But Where Does That Leave The Ultimates?
    • As Nations Tumble, Could The U.S. Be Next To Fall?
    ULTMTS2011010.jpg
    Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #10
    SAM HUMPHRIES & JONATHAN HICKMAN (w) • LUKE ROSS (a)
    Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    • New creative team! Rising talent Sam Humphries and superstar artist Luke Ross join writer Jonathan Hickman!
    • It’s the beginning of a new era for the United States!
    • How do Nick Fury and the Ultimates move forward in the aftermath of the People vs. the Children?
    ULTMTS2011010.jpg
    Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #11
    SAM HUMPHRIES & JONATHAN HICKMAN (w) • LUKE ROSS (a)
    Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    • New creative team! Rising talent Sam Humphries and superstar artist Luke Ross join writer Jonathan Hickman!
    • It’s the beginning of a new era for the United States!
    • How do Nick Fury and the Ultimates move forward in the aftermath of the People vs. the Children?
    ULT12.jpg
    Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #12
    JONATHAN HICKMAN & SAM HUMPHRIES (w) • LUKE ROSS (a)
    Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    • Reed Richards: World’s Most Wanted!
    • How will Tony Stark survive the City without Iron Man?
    • Plus: the fate of Nick Fury!
    ULTMTS2011013_COV.jpg
    Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #13
    SAM HUMPHRIES (w) • Billy Tan (a)
    Cover by MICHAEL KOMARCK
    Variant Cover by ADI GRANOV
    • THE RETURN OF ULTIMATE CAPTAIN AMERICA!
    • Enter DIVIDED WE FALL, the Ultimate Comics line-wide event of the summer!
    • ALL CAP ACTION -- perfect jumping on point for new readers!

ULTXM2011011.jpg
    Ultimate Comics X-Men #11
    ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #11
    NICK SPENCER (w) • PACO MEDINA (a)
    Cover by KAARE ANDREWS • The Nimrod Fleet continues their brutal massacre of mutants.
    • Stryker is reborn.
    •The face of the United States is changed forever.
    ULTXM2011012.jpg
    Ultimate Comics X-Men #12
    NICK SPENCER (w) CARLO BARBERI (a)
    Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    • The mysteries of the mutant dead deepen even further.
    • A familiar and much feared foe makes an unexpected return.
    • What do you know about the last time the world ended?
    UXM13.jpg
    Ultimate Comics X-Men #13
    BRIAN WOOD (w) • CARLO BARBERI (a)
    Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    • Superstar writer Brian Wood takes over!
    • Kitty Pryde must save the world!
    9yMJe.png
    Ultimate Comics X-Men #14
    BRIAN WOOD (w) • PACO MEDINA (a)
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    Variant Cover by ADI GRANOV
    • Enter DIVIDED WE FALL, the Ultimate Comics line-wide event of the summer!
    • Kitty Pryde makes her stand!
    • What event will change the X-Men’s line-up forever?
    • Superstar writer Brian Wood continues his epic run on the Ultimate Universe’s band of misfit mutants!

IqaHq.jpg
    Spider-Men #1
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • SARA PICHELLI (a)
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    26q8Q.jpg
    Spider-Men #2
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    SPIDERMEN003_400_PREVIEWS.jpg
    Spider-Men #3
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    VARIANT COVERS BY SARA PICHELLI & TERRY DODSON
    • The ULTIMATE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EVENT OF THE YEAR!
    • Can both Peter Parker and Miles Morales defeat CLASSIFIED?
    • Guest starring Nick Fury and the Ultimates!

UltimateInferno on

Ultimates #10 and #11 have the same cover in your listing.

But yes, Kaare was only beaten out by the Tron issues of Batman Inc and JL Poser for worst computer art vomit in 2011.

huntresssig.jpg
    So excited for Spider-Men.

Ultimates 10 and 11 have the same cover/solicit info because that is what they gave as solicit info!

also variant cover to Spider-Man #3, along with some other spider-men images http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/15/first-shots-of-peter-parker-meeting-miles-morales-brian-bendis-melbourne/
    tumblr_m2jq0yJU171qeenqto1_400.jpg

They're going to kiss!