As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Really hate when a game card gets ejected while my 3DS is in my pocket. All those steps for nothing.

? If a game comes out of the slot it doesn't count the steps anymore? I didn't think it would care.

Perhaps I should have specified. Steps within Nintendogs.

Edit: Though to be honest I don't know if even the OS is counting steps when the "YOU EJECTED THE GAME CARD DUMMY, YOU GOTS TO RESTART THE SYSTEM" message is on the screen.

Ah. I didn't know Nintendogs had it's own pedometer. I'm assuming you mean the original, since it'd be very odd for a 3DS game to have it's own pedometer.

edit: Talking about pedometers reminded me I forgot to dedicate my steps in Sakura Samurai. 38,000 steps. Argh, could have bloomed almost 4 trees with that, instead I get one.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Really hate when a game card gets ejected while my 3DS is in my pocket. All those steps for nothing.

? If a game comes out of the slot it doesn't count the steps anymore? I didn't think it would care.

Edit: Though to be honest I don't know if even the OS is counting steps when the "YOU EJECTED THE GAME CARD DUMMY, YOU GOTS TO RESTART THE SYSTEM" message is on the screen.

Ah. I didn't know Nintendogs had it's own pedometer. I'm assuming you mean the original, since it'd be very odd for a 3DS game to have it's own pedometer.

I believe the 3DS version rewards you for steps you take while it's in the system.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    I love the little unlocks you get in Sakura Samurai for blossoming trees. It's so simple and not part of the main game, but it's a neat addition they took time to give us.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular

edit: Talking about pedometers reminded me I forgot to dedicate my steps in Sakura Samurai. 38,000 steps. Argh, could have bloomed almost 4 trees with that, instead I get one.

One of the options of Nintendogs + Cats is to go out for a walk, so you pick that option on the menu, and it counts the steps you take from that point until you open the system back up, and you get prizes depending on how many steps you took.

Obviously if the card is removed the game isn't running and I've lost all that progress.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular

One of the options of Nintendogs + Cats is to go out for a walk, so you pick that option on the menu, and it counts the steps you take from that point until you open the system back up, and you get prizes depending on how many steps you took.

Obviously if the card is removed the game isn't running and I've lost all that progress.

I suspect you've tried this, but flip it over in your pocket or switch the up/down orientation. It is doubtful that the exact same forces hitting the cart would be present from all those angles.

Depends how often this occurs, I guess.

Ah. I didn't realize that it had it's own thing. I would have thought it would log the number of steps on the system pedometer to save programming/time/effort/etc instead of implementing its own.

4dm3dwuxq302.png

Ah. I didn't realize that it had it's own thing. I would have thought it would log the number of steps on the system pedometer to save programming/time/effort/etc instead of implementing its own.

With the game not running, how would it know to log your steps specifically for that game?

FU7kFbw.png

With the game not running, how would it know to log your steps specifically for that game?

Not sure exactly, but I imagine it could do something similar to MK7 where it stores data for streetpass/spotpass so it doesn't need the cart to communicate and pull step information like Sakura Samurai, which tracks steps taken between dedications using the OS pedometer.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    But the whole point of the Nintendogs thing is that you "go for a walk"

It would be pointless for it to track steps all the time because you wouldn't have to do anything.

Not sure exactly, but I imagine it could do something similar to MK7 where it stores data for streetpass/spotpass so it doesn't need the cart to communicate and pull step information like Sakura Samurai, which tracks steps taken between dedications using the OS pedometer.

If I bought the game at the 3DS' launch, and just popped it back in now after not playing it for almost a year, it'd say I walked my dog halfway across the damn country.

That's...not right.

FU7kFbw.png
    Yeah, I suppose that's true.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Still no Mutant Mudds, Pyramids or Colours3D in Australia. :(
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    OK, that all makes sense then.

Since I finished KI, I booted up Dillion's Rolling Western. Yeah, this game already has me hooked after one map. Upgrades, quests, new gear, treasure?! Oh yeah, the perfect blending of RPG and Tower Defense games. Throw in nice visuals and AWESOME sound/music and you've got a killer title.
    How much time would you say is between save states in this game? I have a 40 minute daily commute, so more games for the bus is always good.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Each level is broken into 3 days. I've completed the first area with a combined time of 20 minutes. That doesn't include the in between stuff, so I'd say at least in the early going, 30-40 minutes per level is the norm. I'd imagine that time goes up as the areas get more complex. Fortunately, the game saves after each day.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    So, how are you supposed to access Find Mii 2? I've beaten Find Mii but it's just repeating the same quest again.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Gotta beat Find Mii twice.

Yup, beat it twice (you unlock new hats the second time) and then Find Mii 2 opens up. Beat Find Mii 2 and Secret Quest opens up. Don't do Secret Quest until you've done all of Find Mii 2 (requires about 3 playthroughs iirc - I'm on my 3rd now)

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ..aw crud, I started secret quest after finishing find me 2 just once... why should I have waited?

MNC Dover wrote: »
    Each level is broken into 3 days. I've completed the first area with a combined time of 20 minutes. That doesn't include the in between stuff, so I'd say at least in the early going, 30-40 minutes per level is the norm. I'd imagine that time goes up as the areas get more complex. Fortunately, the game saves after each day.
    Hmm... might pick it up next week then!

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    plufim wrote: »
    ..aw crud, I started secret quest after finishing find me 2 just once... why should I have waited?

No reason at all. I did Find Mii 2, then Secret Quest, then Find Mii 2 again, and I'm finishing up Secret Quest again. No problems or anything.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    No problems, just takes longer to finish. Since I have limited streetpass opportunities I wish I had done the first one completely instead. Plus more hats!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175586

From Nicolas, the team behind Cave Story. Oh hell ya! This looks like I'll be pulling my hair out for a long time...in a good way of course. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IiqnCdXJr4

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    In Pushmo news, I finished B-12, 13, 14, 15, and 16. Only two left!

16 was awesome when I figured it out.
    Used the blue side to climb, then jump to the yellow, pull it out three, then go back to the blue to climb up again. Never did use the red.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    For the love of GOD. Someone please help me.

Back when the original Nintendo DS was launched. Nintendo had a "Touch" campaign where they sent out life sized solid-white rubber hands to people. And people would send them back crazy photos of this hand being in all these places. Nintendo sent out tens of thousands of these hands.

Now the part I need help with is I can not find a single shred of evidence this actually happened. I'm kinda freaking out because I remember it, I even ordered a hand and GOT one and submitted pictures. So maybe my memory is way off, but am I losing my shit or does anyone here remember this campaign?

*EDIT*

Nevermind I found it, still up somehow haha. http://www.touchingisgood.com
    And now I need to actually FIND one of these.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud

Back when the original Nintendo DS was launched. Nintendo had a "Touch" campaign where they sent out life sized solid-white rubber hands to people. And people would send them back crazy photos of this hand being in all these places. Nintendo sent out tens of thousands of these hands.

Now the part I need help with is I can not find a single shred of evidence this actually happened. I'm kinda freaking out because I remember it, I even ordered a hand and GOT one and submitted pictures. So maybe my memory is way off, but am I losing my shit or does anyone here remember this campaign?

*EDIT*

I just found it too. Creepy. :P

In other news, Pushmo B-17 is done. One left!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I lost my hand in a move awhile back. We actually used it in a Halloween display at work to make it look someone had sank into our quicksand pit. It was a super weird promotion to say the least.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I lost my hand in a move awhile back. We actually used it in a Halloween display at work to make it look someone had sank into our quicksand pit. It was a super weird promotion to say the least.

I love this out of context.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular

*EDIT*

And now I need to actually FIND one of these.

Here's the video I made for the Touching is Good contest:

I HAVE DONE IT!

After 30 hrs and 49 minutes, I have completed Pushmo! The last puzzle was pretty cool.

It's the second most played title on my 3DS. Ghost Recon still reigns on top at 33:08.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I don't know how many courses there are in Mario's Picross, but it took me a good 6 hours to get through the first. It's a fun addictive puzzler.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    How come no one told me those little preview video applications update themselves? I thought they just sent you notifications when the games were released and stuff like that. I am still anxiously awaiting Paper Mario and the preview video alleviated my fears that partners were removed somewhere along the line (a lot of the previous videos I've seen didn't have partners other than the initial reveal).

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Good to know that paper mario is still a thing that exists. I was starting to get worried with all these new announce games stealing the spotlight like luigi and fire emblem

steam_sig.png
    Dritz wrote: »
    How come no one told me those little preview video applications update themselves? I thought they just sent you notifications when the games were released and stuff like that. I am still anxiously awaiting Paper Mario and the preview video alleviated my fears that partners were removed somewhere along the line (a lot of the previous videos I've seen didn't have partners other than the initial reveal).

Wait, what preview video applications?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Don't know if they are still available but most Nintendo releases got downloadable videos. Off hand there is PM, Mario Tennis, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Sakura Samurai, Dillions Rolling Western, Luigi's Mansion, and some others.

Once downloaded you can opt into receiving notifications about the title. Usually they are about release dates and when an Iwata Asks interview is done on them, sometimes there are special messages from the developers. Pretty cool stuff and apparently the video changes every once and awhile.

Dritz on
    There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Man, I've been waiting forever for Paper Mario on the 3DS. It's pretty much the main thing that sold me on buying the system in the first place. I've had the downloadable preview video for it since last June. Still looking forward to it.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
    Ah, I didn't download the videos because I thought it was silly instead of just streaming them. Didn't realize they were different.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Good to know that paper mario is still a thing that exists. I was starting to get worried with all these new announce games stealing the spotlight like luigi and fire emblem

At first I read this and my only response was "As if Luigi could ever steal the spotlight from anything." before I remembered that he does, on occasion, have his own game.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Looks like 3D Classics Kid Icarus is out today for those who weren't lucky enough to get it with a pre-order of KI:U.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    skeldare wrote: »
    Looks like 3D Classics Kid Icarus is out today for those who weren't lucky enough to get it with a pre-order of KI:U.

I saw GameStop selling codes for it, wasn't sure if they were selling pre-order codes or if it was coming to the eShop soon. (or both)

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    They were legit selling codes, according to Nintendo...

...but not in Canada, so yesterday's release was good news for me.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Thank goodness I don't have to step into a GameStop again...

Ferquin N.C. Root
    My GameStop in the mall is my streetpass/puzzle generator. :D If I'm in the mall to get something else, or eat (great Vietnamese place!) I'll walk by and get the streetpass of the guy(s) who work there. They have nearly all the puzzle pieces and most if not all the pink pieces.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
This discussion has been closed.