As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tim Schafer's [DÜDLE] Legend

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Been a long time since I've finished a piece of my own stuff. And 'ere it is:

Monster radioactive zombie bear
    monsters_ursol.jpg

Bigger version: http://goldenyak.com/images/colorwork/monsters_ursol_big.jpg

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    tumblr_m2ao4qsP8N1qaumawo1_500.jpg

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • EsiotrotEsiotrot Registered User regular
    F87 wrote: »
    @Esiotrot Really, really awesome work. I would buy that album for the cover alone!

cheers dude!

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    it's that post pax feeling

sleepy_by_anondum-d4vwv3y.jpg

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    I got a tiny sketchbook! it's really neat, all fittin' into my pocket and such, so i've been doing a lot of tiny doodlin'
    3GMRV.jpg
    guJ3W.jpg
    0RhQw.jpg
    JTugc.jpg
    yME3i.jpg
    NFiq3.jpg

pictures are with my phone, so kind of crummy quality

• Tidus53Tidus53 Registered User regular
    Siegfried wrote: »
    freshmeattexturedraft.jpg

Hmm... I love how this drawing depicts so many things at once with saying so little. What did the artist mean by the term fresh meat? Does it mean the lame and ignorant youth of today off to fight for the industrial-military complex in order to satiate the eternal glutton that is the American higher echelons? Or does it speak to how companies see small owned businesses and new consumers, or how banks view youth and their pursuit of higher learning and their desire to do deals with the devil himself in order to fund it?

All I can say is that this artist is a true master of the minimalist style!

He says so much by saying so little.

The sad part is that somewhere in this world, someone would believe that.

Still and awesome graphic.

• Lewis RiceLewis Rice Registered User regular
    Giant Jelly Spaceship!

Themightyvalley.jpg

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    beep boop

_73036.jpg

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Woah Lewis that's pretty neat. Loving the detail.

• sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    tumblr_m2drptOHNm1qbiru9o1_500.png
    tumblr_m2du7j8EUT1qbiru9o1_500.png
    tumblr_m2do3y9kl71qbiru9o1_500.png
    jzq.gif

designing some characters for an animation

sharky t on
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    29194176.jpg

Ok, so IDK WTF is going on. Did a fresh install of my PS CS5 and my wacom, cuz I drew some stuff on paper that I can't upload... The issue I'm having is super "jaggies" at high resolution regardless of brush settings... then for some odd reason the top half of the image always has weird contrast, white/brown instead of white black. I got upset and stopped trying... This is what I got.

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    sharky I love your colors!

• GhostManOnThirdGhostManOnThird Registered User regular
    doodlin doodlin all the days
    ycs4G.jpg
    mp2DY.jpg

coloured this duder in at work yesterdays - first time doing something like that on photoshop.
    x1vcB.jpg
    i had no idea what i was doing

and a comic for good measure
    gLXhM.jpg
    oh ho ho ho ho!

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    gLXhM.jpg
    oh ho ho ho ho!

Groooaaaan.
    :^:

Enc on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Yeah I loved how hilariously awful that pun was

• ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    Blargh, I wish I could actually stay on track and finish any sort of project I have ever started.

Here is what's currently stealing all of my attention from said projects.

Acrylic, Guache, and Watercolor
    kite.jpg

Really liking the color of the hill and the kite on that painting.

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    ninjai wrote: »
    29194176.jpg

Couldn't finish the game because of this, and other issues. It had the illusion of immersiveness but 10 minutes of playing that illusion slowly evaporated.

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    bombardier wrote: »

Couldn't finish the game because of this, and other issues. It had the illusion of immersiveness but 10 minutes of playing that illusion slowly evaporated.

Yeah, I have some serious problems with the game, the mechanics were all in place for a stellar game, but shit like malaria in the middle of combat for no reason, no checkpoint/autosave system, "I heard you from a mile away when you used a silencer" or "you have to complete several different missions at the place you already cleared" get really... really... old when that's all you ever do.

ninjai on
  • sainsain Registered User regular
    Moving onto color.

goblinguyf.jpg

• squaresquare Cockbutt TurinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    sain wrote: »
    Moving onto color

imgsnip

You lay color directly, or you lay tones before color?

square on
    Mm9Qsm4.png
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    gLXhM.jpg
    oh ho ho ho ho!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAH
    heh
    hheheheheh
    i laughed at this

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Felt like animating something.
    I always have fun doing the roughs but I can never quite work out the little hitches in motion in cleanup. I keep tinkering with this but the head motion always has a little jump left or right or up and down. /:
    bulkywalk.gif

• AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    tumblr_m2jrp1LZ1N1qe53kyo1_500.gif

still making .gifs sometimes hi

AgentofOrange on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Felt like animating something.
    I always have fun doing the roughs but I can never quite work out the little hitches in motion in cleanup. I keep tinkering with this but the head motion always has a little jump left or right or up and down. /:
    bulkywalk.gif

What do you animate in? Once I get to solid forms, it gets alot harder for me to tweak the motion. I've found that its easier to keep my structure very light, and go through it once with an abstract skeleton very quickly, and then build on that. It helps to be as loose as you can at first, and I always try to keep my walk cycle diagrams near me, because the weight is never as intuitive as I remember.

Agent of Orange: Your work has a touch of the crazy in it, I like it alot.

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Flash. Which obviously isn't ideal for a lot of reasons, but it's what I got (I know you're gonna plug TV paint here, but I don't animate enough to justify spending $700 on it).

I actually started with a rougher version than this that I went over on another layer to get this...but if I really want to teach myself some shit rather than just dick around I should really drag out my lightbox and do it on paper.

@AgentofOrange: You wouldn't mind spoiling that, would you? No offense, but that's the sort of thing that could seriously give someone an epileptic seizure.

• AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    just try and come at me, american disability "rights" activists
    I got 99 problems an' a cripple ain't one of 'em

• TamTam Registered User regular
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Tam everyone's always honking atchu 'bout animatin'.... I'd content myself with a comic from you. You're soooooo good at characterization with facial features I just know the acting would be the best ever.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Been a while since i've done anything digital...FOR SHAME i know. So i did this last night. No ref. (obviously) I think i need to push the darks more...yes? Also just trying to get away from using all line.

Thoughts?

2-1.jpg

• desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Here is a somewhat crummy photo of that huge rock climbing wall I'm painting. I'm a few days away from finishing. It has taken forever.

IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg

desperaterobots on
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    Holy hell gigantic @_@

Very impressive, DR!

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Man if I had money I'd totally buy DR's paintings.

steam_sig.png
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Flash. Which obviously isn't ideal for a lot of reasons, but it's what I got (I know you're gonna plug TV paint here, but I don't animate enough to justify spending $700 on it).

I actually started with a rougher version than this that I went over on another layer to get this...but if I really want to teach myself some shit rather than just dick around I should really drag out my lightbox and do it on paper.

Toon Boom Is on sale for $200, its not my favorite program, but its better for classic 2D workflow than Flash. For faster turn around, I like digital for learning. I've been practicing animating for 20minutes-30minutes and feeling okay with tossing the results, it makes it easier to learn the looser motions of animating.

• GhostManOnThirdGhostManOnThird Registered User regular
    seaoftrees.jpg?w=640&h=933

Page 1 of a one-shot comic by brother wrote. Hoping to start workin on this again.

And since you guys hated/liked the bear puns, heres another:
    mODmZ.jpg

edited April 2012
    12+-+1sdfg.jpg

Something I started yesterday, I may scan it and try coloring it. I did a quick value study with the photo to help plan:

12---1sdfg.gif

Enc on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    DR: I wanna climb the shit out of that wall.

Tam: I second squid, make dem comics.

• NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Im going to try doing some basic textures from memory then actually look at some references and do the same textures again. any other texture ideas? i was thinking water, glass, rock, asphalt...any other suggestions?

balls1.jpg

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I have JUST started to dab in Photoshop lite eg Pixlr, and getting used to using these tools with my table, all with the help of a friend. So far, I've been taking real life sketches, leveling them out, and coloring. I love it! This is ... 1/3 done? 1/2? A giant robo-squid (the challenge, for me, was to get the angle right to give the right perspective that this is a GIANT thing) ... colored in G2 Transformers palette:
    robosquidworking.png

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Metroid, that looks like the tentacle from maniac mansion + rockets. (thumbs up )

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
This discussion has been closed.