As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    How drunk are you right now? :P

• TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    SJ wrote: »

I am being Russian Guyovich, Soviet exchange soldier. Comrade Toxin is retired to his bunk for gathering of rest.

I've been talking with a stupid Russian accent for like 3 days. It's gotten on a lot of people's nerves. I've been doing it for so long at this point I kinda can't stop. Is strange, eh comrade?

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Texture paint is really cool.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    Matrias wrote: »

Is it like, chalky paint?

I am being Russian Guyovich, Soviet exchange soldier. Comrade Toxin is retired to his bunk for gathering of rest.

I've been talking with a stupid Russian accent for like 3 days. It's gotten on a lot of people's nerves. I've been doing it for so long at this point I kinda can't stop. Is strange, eh comrade?

My favourite twitter account ever is a parody account of Shawn Horcoff, a Canadian hockey player. The guy running the account pretends the name Horcoff and his nationality are just his cover, and he is actually S. Horcov, a soviet spy who infiltrated the Canadian hockey program to learn its secrets but decided to defect.

It is hilarious.

Is it like, chalky paint?

It's slightly thicker than nomal paint with basing material in it.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    It's kind of like painting with soft dog poop.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Imagine dried out foundation paint with sand mixed in.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    @Mr_Rose @-Loki-

I've seen pics of the missing doomfuck. It exists, so...

There's a lot of 40k stuff that exists and is just being held back from release for various reasons.

edited April 2012
    I've been told GW's biggest bottleneck to creating and selling new products is the available shelf space at their stores.

Matrias on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I've been told GW's biggest bottleneck to creating and selling new products is the available shelf space at their stores.

I like how Space Marines take up 50% of the 40k shelf space in every store.

• mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular

I like how Space Marines take up 50% of the 40k shelf space in every store.

And like 80% of sales.

edited April 2012
    Anyone else tried some of the Forge World upgrade kits? They're really cool, plus they're cheaper then ordering bits individually. The robot limbs are neat, too.

IMG_2397.jpg
    IMG_2399.jpg
    I still have no idea where I got that Thunder Hammer.

Matrias on
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    That Missile Launcher remake is rad.

mr_mich wrote: »

I looks great but it is kind of weird to assemble. You have to hack off an exhaust on the backpack to make it fit.

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I'm getting the heavy weapons sets, still want some of them missile launchers though.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular

I looks great but it is kind of weird to assemble. You have to hack off an exhaust on the backpack to make it fit.

Does it not come with a custom backpack like the other heresy-era heavy weapon kit? That seems like an oversight.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    edited April 2012
    That Thunder Hammer is the right arm from one of the Masters of the Chapter that GW released.

SJ on
  • OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular

This, for the missile launchers at least. I had four of them for my BA/soon to be more Templars force. The easiest way I found to put them together was attaching the shoulder pad to the arm, testfitting with the torso, then the arm/shoulder to the launcher, then finally the whole thing to the torso.

When they did the other earily mark heavy weapons they remembered to include some backpacks in the kit that look like they would fit with the weapons mounted.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »

Does it not come with a custom backpack like the other heresy-era heavy weapon kit? That seems like an oversight.

Yeah, seems like it was meant to work with this backpack. This backpack was released after the set with the missile launcher though. Maybe they'll revise the set.

heavyweapon1.jpg

• DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    Got the chance to play two games today with my Tyranids, and tried a slightly different list. Swapped out the Hive Guard for a Swarmlord, and took out the Zoanthropes for Doom of Malan'tai. Have to say, I'm in love with both of these choices now.

Both games were against Chaos Space Marines players, but the first game was using Darkwatch scenario found here (http://www.astronomi-con.com/) in prep for our astronimi-mini-con.
    To make it as brief as possible (as I couldn't write a battle report to save my life), everything went against me this game. Both Deathwatch kill teams scattered on the board towards my army, and removed one of my objectives. I spent the first three rounds battling them and practically ignoring my opponent. Thankfully my Trygon Prime managed to make mincemeat out of both teams after two turns. There were six objectives total, and my Tervigon just sat on one while the Tyrgon, Swarmlord, and a squad of genestealers went after the tanks. He still had a couple vindicator tanks running around by the time the game ended, but I got lucky. I outflanked a squad of genestealers to the opposite table edge and sat them in cover on an objective, so when the game finally ended it was 2-1 in my favour (as I was contesting his other objective).

The Doom really did wonders this game, as it managed to completely destroy a squad of terminators and a squad marines with plasma rifles. I think. It's hard to remember because they were dead before I really knew what they could do, just really unfortunate dice rolls on his part. I'm really not sure if we played it entirely properly, the game went for quite a while and we had to keep consulting rules. It really wasn't looking good for me at the start, so I'm pretty happy with the end result.

Second game was again objectives, but only two (aka always a tie game). Again Chaos marines, but this time there was a Land Raider in tow and Kharne in it with a squad of terminators. I've fought this army before and I've always had a great deal of difficulty with Kharne, even with his propensity to smash his own guys in the face. His damage output was just too much for even my best beasts to go up against. Not this time though, as the Swarmlord managed to strike him pretty swiftly dead with those lovely insta-death bonesabers (and forcing re-rolls on successful invulnerable saves), and Kharne helped by taking out one of the terminators as well.

Doom once again aided with a squad of marines and some obliterators, but then just sort of hovered around the board for the final turns, unable to get close enough to the rest of combat to help much, and whiffing his strength 10 psychic shot against the Landraider. The Trygon was toast in the first turn, rushing into combat with a Dreadnought (which might have been a special character, I can't really remember. They never call it by name, instead just dubbing it the 'rape train'). I managed to kill it outright, but not before suffering two wounds, and then a suffering a third from the resulting explosion. A barrage of lascannon shots later and the Trygon was out, not really earning his 240 points.

Towards the end of the game though, I had a squad of genestealers sitting on an objective with the others, the Swarmlord, and a slew of termagaunts contested the second objective with all his tanks but the landraider having gone up in smoke. Rather than continue as it was getting late he conceded the game (as it wasn't really looking good).

All in all I really had a lot of fun with this list, even when it seemed I was pushing shit uphill. Still really not making great use of the psychic powers of my main bugs though, and I need to keep all the options in mind.

Goes to show the difference just a couple of model substitutions can make sometimes. The whole Hive Tyrant vs. Swarmlord issue seems rather easily settled now. For 20 points more, and 1 wound less (as I'm taking out a Tyrant Guard, but going from 4 to 5 wounds on the Swarmlord) I'm getting a slew of extra psychic powers including two per turn, an invulnerable save in close combat, insta-death swords, extra rolls to reserves, extra rolls to outflanking, and an 18" synaptic range. Pretty damn great.

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    How did the Dreadnought inflict any wounds on the Trygon if the Trygon killed it in one round? Chaos doesn't have any special character Dreadnoughts and the Trygon has higher initiative. Unless it charged through cover that is.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    I really want to buy a Swarmlord, but I don't want to have to buy Tyrant Guard yet. And a Swarmlord without Tyrant Guard is just asking for every missile launcher in the game shooting it in the face.

edited April 2012
    That Thunder Hammer is the right arm from one of the Masters of the Chapter that GW released.
    Oh. Well I wonder what happened to the rest of the Master of the Chapter.

Back when I thought I was going to paint everything...

Matrias on
    I didn't like the shoulder-mounted heavies the and I don't like them now.

As far as I'm concerned the current heavy bolter look is the pinnacle of badass.

You might say Keenbean is un-willing to... shoulder the burden!
    Yeeeeeeeeeeah!

How did the Dreadnought inflict any wounds on the Trygon if the Trygon killed it in one round? Chaos doesn't have any special character Dreadnoughts and the Trygon has higher initiative. Unless it charged through cover that is.

They're both I4 unless he took AG.

IS WHY FOR NOT TAKING ADRENAL GLANDS ON GRAND SOVIET MONSTER? IS PINNACLE OF MOTHERLAND BIO-ENGINEERING PROGRAM, BROTHER!

Didn't charge through cover, I was told it had the same initiative due to...something. Really, no special character dreadnoughts for chaos? It also had I believe 3 attacks, whereas I was the one who charged, so maybe I'm missing something else. I really don't know Chaos that well, or at least not as well as I should considering how often I've played them.
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I really want to buy a Swarmlord, but I don't want to have to buy Tyrant Guard yet. And a Swarmlord without Tyrant Guard is just asking for every missile launcher in the game shooting it in the face.

I just finished putting together and painting the Hive Tyrant only to realize I want to field a Swarmlord, so I'll need to buy one as well. Should have thought to magnetize it but...here we are...

I actually like the shoulder heavy bolter, seems more tactical and stuff for my Raptors.

edited April 2012
    DocSamson wrote: »
    Should have thought to magnetize it but...here we are...

Outside of my Carnifexes, I'm not magnetising my Tyranids. It's a fun idea, but the limbs just never turn out very stable. A slight knock and they rotate around. And I'm only continuing with my Carnifexes because I actually do swap their loadout in different games.

For my Hive Tyrants, I plan on having 3. A winged Hive Tyrant with Lashwhip and Bonesword (already have it, Forgeworld model), a normal Tyrant with dual Devourers (or maybe a Heavy Venom Cannon and a pair of Devourers) and a Swarmlord. Covers fast melee, slow fire support and Swarmlord options nicely.

-Loki- on
    edited April 2012
    Magnetizing seems like a great idea until you realize you settle on certain efficies and optimizations and only use one general load out anyways.

my last HQ model had weapon options magnetized up the wazoo, even though I only ever ran with a frost blade and storm shield.

Matrias on
    Maybe for you ladies I post my magnetized spider Tyrant when I am returning to United States. Is not best job, was first attempt at magnetizing and making use of putty, but is interesting conversion.

Maybe perhaps is good inspiration for other Hiveminds.

They're both I4 unless he took AG.

IS WHY FOR NOT TAKING ADRENAL GLANDS ON GRAND SOVIET MONSTER? IS PINNACLE OF MOTHERLAND BIO-ENGINEERING PROGRAM, BROTHER!

That's a good point, I forgot you can kit them with Adrenal glands. For 10 points more it would have completely changed the outcome of that fight. I just don't have anywhere else in the list where I can lose the points except to lose a genestealer, and that would be crazy talk. I could drop it from a Prime, but then I'd be losing my 3rd Synapse creature and I don't think 2 are enough at 1500 points, even with the 18" range of the Swarmlord.

What is list being? Maybe perhaps I give advice?

welp. I give up. this one paint job is unphotographable.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    invisible paint?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    edited April 2012
    Dayspring wrote: »
    invisible paint?
    hah.

Too much contrast and colour bleeding. It's white shaded with blue, so my camera just makes it look like blue. I played around with some brightness/contrast and saturation with photobucket to arrive sorta what it looks like to the eye:
    IMG_2420.jpg

Matrias on
    Crosspost from art thread.

Is Soviet monster.

354008_sm-.JPG
    354007_sm-.JPG

ra ra rasputin.

love the caripace.

I want to play vassal with some people to test out my space marine list.

This discussion has been closed.