As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spider-Man: Friend or wait, WHAT?!

2»

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Iroh wrote: »
    Why? The interview pretty clearly stated that it's a kid's game. Captain America and the Avengers wasn't exactly a triple-A, true-to-the-material game, but I sure loved it when I was in 2nd grade.

Because this game shatters everything I learned about Spider-Man while growing up.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Why? The interview pretty clearly stated that it's a kid's game. Captain America and the Avengers wasn't exactly a triple-A, true-to-the-material game, but I sure loved it when I was in 2nd grade.

Because this game shatters everything I learned about Spider-Man while growing up.

Oh, you're one of those guys.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Oh, you're one of those guys.

Hey, I can't help that I like my Spider-Man related products traditional. I loved Ultimate Spider-Man, but all the deviations like Gwen Stacy bugged the hell out of me.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    But

The point of Ultimate Spider-Man is that it isn't traditional.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »
    But

The point of Ultimate Spider-Man is that it isn't traditional.

I know that. Still loved it, of course. But it still bugged me. I'm not gonna nitpick about tiny shit, but major characters like that and the deaths thereof irk me.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    alternate universe ftw?

Vann Diras on
    edited July 2007
    It's probably just me being an idiot and refusing to acknowledge the whole AU of it. I mean, I like where they went with it to an extent. The way they killed Gwen Stacy and the entire clone saga just left a bad taste in my mouth. I just kinda wish they weren't as radical with it. But I still like it, regardless.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Danny Rand and Matt Murdok would be the only things that would drive me toward this game

hey, where the hell is my yearly fix of Xmen Legends/MUA

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Playing as the Green Goblin could only be good if i could fly around New York and throw pumpkin bombs on innocent people

Green Lantern on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They're really going for the Lego Star Wars market. I mean full co-op, toy-like figures, bright colours, etc.

devoir on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, this looks like it boils down to Lego Spider-Man, based loosely on the movie-verse.

HadjiQuest on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If they could make this game as fun as Lego Star Wars, then I'll buy this first day.

One Thousand Cables on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    dunno if i like the art style. and leonardo as the voice of spider man :) or :(

delphinus on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »
    26new_storyimage4079190_full.jpg

Well, there ya go.
    Danny Rand suddenly realises how badly he's just broken his ankle.

-SPI- on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If they could make this game as fun as Lego Star Wars, then I'll buy this first day.

I think a key component of that game series, that everything is made of Legos, is very noticeably absent.

And it's a shame too, because if they're going to aim this game at kids then there should be a fun art style. Instead, everything just sort of a squatter, less detailed version of their movie counterparts. Why couldn't they use the classic Goblin costume if they wanted to go for cartoony?

I suppose there's always room for that as an alternate outfit, but it doesn't change the fact that they're largely taking cues from the pseudo-realistic designs from the movie (because apparently Goblin armor makes more sense than running around in a latex mask that somehow mimics your facial expression perfectly) when a game like this needs whimsy much more than gritty realism.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg