As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halo: TBK XV || Carry on My Wayard Son

FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
Penny Arcade Halo 2 Clan - Since November 9, 2004

November 9, 2004 - November 9, 2006

New condensed and easy-to-read first post!

OMG HALO 3 PREORDER INFO!

Gamestop/EB will begin pre-orders for Halo 3 on November 1st.

There will be three versions.

Regular edition ($5 deposit required)
Special edition ($10 deposit required)
LEGENDARY edition ($25 deposit required)

Content and exact release date, as well as exact pricing is unkown. Currently set for November 2007 though that's probably obvious.

With three price tiers, I guess it's a lock in that the regular edition will retail for $49.99 like the other Microsoft published games.

What are The Bees Knees?
We are a no-jerks, no-cheaters, no-glitches (in matchmaking) clan for Halo 2.

I have a lot of time to sit down and read things.
You can read a history of The Bees Knees at the 360arcadian wiki.

How I join clan?
Send a friend request to one of the staff/overlords of TBK. A few of their gamertags are as follows:

FyreWulff TBK
Nambkab
X Equals Loser
thetinwoodsman
Repoman1023

In your friend request, please indicate that you are from Penny Arcade, or post in the thread and let us know that you are sending us Friend Request. After we accept your friend request, we will try to get you into any matchmaking parties that we are doing. After you show up for a while and prove you're around to stay/not a cock, we will send you a clan invite.

I have a 360/ I just bought an original Xbox. What do I need to play online?
You will need to download both map packs, which are both free. There is no excuse not to have them. If you already have the map pack disc (part of the Halo Triple Pack), then install them from the disc, because they take forever to download off of Xbox Live.

What is New Members Night?
Each Tuesday we try to get new guys to play Halo 2 with us. Although a few of us play almost every day, you usually find the most people online on Tuesday.

I just was cheated / haxxored online. What do I do?
After the game ends, press Y to bring up the Friends List. Hit left or right until you see "Players", find the cheaters, Leave Feedback, Cheating. You can also send an email that includes the game-link from Bungie.net and a description of the cheating to h2cheats@microsoft.com . This gets people banned faster. Out of 15 emails I have sent, 12 people/clans were banned within 3 days.

Do you guys allow glitching?
Not in matchmaking, either ranked or unranked. This includes superbouncing, BXR, BXB, RRX, OMGWTFBBQ and throwing the bomb under Coag/Midship. The general rule for customs is if we're just messing around/glitching on purpose. Otherwise, don't do it.

What are good sites to stay on top of Halo news?
http://halo.bungie.org (general)
http://www.highimpacthalo.org (tricking, speedruns)
http://www.bungie.net (Weekly What'sUpdate every Friday)

FyreWulff on

• X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    We have a forum, Fyre.

We never use it, but there's meaty info on it.

http://bees.eggtastic.com

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    Ha ha.

I'll put it in the firstpost here in a bit.

FyreWulff on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    As soon as I get my 360 later this week or next week and then get Halo 2 again, I'm definitely going to hop on some games again if you guys don't mind me coming back. :wink:

I'm all excited about playing again.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Just a friendly request from the G&T mods--please don't create a new thread until your old one gets locked.

You guys aren't the only ones doing this, but you're the first ones to do it since the mod team decided we needed to curb the trend, so you're the first ones to hear anything about it.

Captain K on
    edited August 2006
    We're not dorks and post in our old thread though.

Oh shi-

FyreWulff on
    edited August 2006
    ShimSham: Absolutely, man. We'd love to play with you again.

And squash you under our giant egos.

K: Noted.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    MmmLOOVE that new thread stankonya. Roll around in it, revel in the raw primal juices of creation. Devour the throbbing placenta of this little bundle of joyously judicious use of thread ampheres. When I consider all the diversions this clan has had over the years, Phantom Dust, Splinter Cell, Doom, FarCry, GRAW, Chromehounds, et cetera, et cetera... its always nice to know, at the end of a long hard day, that H2 will be there waiting for me. I anxiously await that proud day when something else will capture my affections equally well.

How is this one more for the road? Are you dying? Where are you going? IS THE THE VIOLENT END OF ALL THAT IS TBK?!?!?!?

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
    edited August 2006
    It's just a saying. And if we take long enough, the new thread will be made the same day Halo 3 comes out..

Also I hate you tin, we were trying to get 1234 replies in the old thread. YOU MESSED IT UP. PEON'd.

I also tend to edit the title a lot.

FyreWulff on
    edited August 2006
    I think we should begin the campaigning for Halo 3 Overlord.

insulin.png

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Change that shit to Anabolic Steroids and you'll have my vote, sir. Seriously though, kinda goes without saying that the big 12 or whatever have their seats reserved as far leadership goes, assuming they actually still want to job after all the shit thats without a doubt going to go down sorting out and starting up the clannages in those coming days. Likely only another year out. Xbox was barely a presence at PA, the 360 will likely have little contention with the PS3, for some time and the Wii will be huge but not 360 huge. There's gonna be several 100 man clans going, methinks.

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
    edited August 2006
    I have a feeling we've made a big enough impact around here that there won't be very many additional Halo clans. If anything, there might be multiple TBK clans.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2006
    I have a feeling we've made a big enough impact around here that there won't be very many additional Halo clans. If anything, there might be multiple TBK clans.

You next clan should be called "The Mutt's Nutts", or TMN for short.

Einhander on
    edited August 2006
    I think The Cats Pajamas was up there somewhere.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I might join you guys tonite. Expect a friend request comin' your way.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • ZercofZercof Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    8)

Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • radjagoradjago Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I think The Cats Pajamas was up there somewhere.
    I thought that was supposed to be the clan name for Chaos Theory.

BTW, why no [Game On] in the thread title?

radjago on
    PAX East Train Alliance, Metal Gear Line: 2013 || 2012 || 2010
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Whenever I sign on nobody else seems to be around :(

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    edited August 2006
    radjago wrote:
    BTW, why no [Game On] in the thread title?

We're too cool for a Game On title. That, and we represent a single entity as opposed to a hundred random guys that might play with each other one night a week. Thus, rather than a game on thread where we hook up, we use this as a cross between a Halo chat and a self-promotion thread.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    So I guess one of us Overlords has to camp out for Halo 3 and burn it home pushin the pedal just to make some time before some sucker asses make a TBK before us huh? I vote FyreWulff to be the happy camper.

DekuStick on
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'll probably get it at launch.

Lining up in Times Square, having to deal with obnoxious Halo 2 fans.

Sure, why not?

Ranced on
  • Silent ZeroSilent Zero Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    fyre plz let the games finish b 4 u end dem.

Silent Zero on
    Yes I work for Netflix. No, I can't give you any free movies dammit.
  • bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Had lots of fun last night dudes, can't wait to join you on a more consistent basis :)

bombboy on
    XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
  • RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Recoil could camp out again..... I doubt we will need 2 clans for this forum. Even back when Halo 2 was released we had more than 100 people interested in joining the clan, but only like 50 of them really played for more than a night.

P.S. Someone from the TBK Chromehounds squad needs to get online and let me and Lowkey into the squad.

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
    edited August 2006
    Einhander wrote:

You next clan should be called "The Mutt's Nutts", or TMN for short.

Already taken by a Chromehounds clan

And I camped out for Halo 2. I will probably do the same for Halo 3.

And then I will rush home and make the clan and send invites and be like weeeeee!

FyreWulff on
  • WerespazWerespaz Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    bombboy wrote:
    Had lots of fun last night dudes, can't wait to join you on a more consistent basis :)

Me too, I had a blast. Although sometimes I get frustrated because I can never seem to kill anybody in a one-on-one situation, even if I have an advantage in weaponry. I should probably spend some time in the rumble pit.

Werespaz on
    Werespaz.jpgfreaksig5.jpg
  • PaynePayne Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    FyreWulff wrote:

And then I will rush home and make the clan and send invites and be like wiiiiiiiiiiii!

I'm sending mixed messages here.

and yes, since font colours can't be clear, wii is yellow

Payne on
    Logical+Fallacy.png
    edited August 2006
    Werespaz wrote:
    bombboy wrote:

Me too, I had a blast. Although sometimes I get frustrated because I can never seem to kill anybody in a one-on-one situation, even if I have an advantage in weaponry. I should probably spend some time in the rumble pit.

Even almost two years after this game has come out, I still lose in 1 on 1 situations, even though I get the jump on them.

I've found that strafing like crazy while battle rifling someone really helps you win, although it doesn't seem to actually help me avoid many shots. It might also hurt me since I use Legacy. I can't look up and down and strafe at the same time.

FyreWulff on
  • BlakoutBlakout Lordran's SpookylandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    'Sup guys?

I'm still alive.

Blakout on
    edited August 2006
    FyreWulff wrote:
    Even almost two years after this game has come out, I still lose in 1 on 1 situations, even though I get the jump on them.

I've found that strafing like crazy while battle rifling someone really helps you win, although it doesn't seem to actually help me avoid many shots. It might also hurt me since I use Legacy. I can't look up and down and strafe at the same time.

Yeah, I try to do some of that, but I clearly need to work on my aim, since I can't track their head and shoot while I strafe very well. I think my other problem is getting to a decent weapon before coming across an enemy. It seems like I spawn, make a b-line for the closest weapon and somebody shoots me from behind before I can even get there, or I run into a guy with a br or shotty or sword, while I've only got my one SMG. This is more of a problem on the larger maps.

Werespaz on
    edited August 2006
    Blakout wrote:
    'Sup guys?

I'm still alive.

And fat. Are we ever going to fuck around with maudes again, or are you like not doing that anymore. Because if that is true, you're dead to me.
    Werespaz wrote:
    Yeah, I try to do some of that, but I clearly need to work on my aim, since I can't track their head and shoot while I strafe very well. I think my other problem is getting to a decent weapon before coming across an enemy. It seems like I spawn, make a b-line for the closest weapon and somebody shoots me from behind before I can even get there, or I run into a guy with a br or shotty or sword, while I've only got my one SMG. This is more of a problem on the larger maps.

What also helps is to not bother zooming in with the Battle Rifle. The autoaim is more helpful unzoomed than zoomed.

FyreWulff on
  • Ezekiel Zelias ChaosEzekiel Zelias Chaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Murder Death Kill Death Kill Murder Kill Death Murder Death Murder Kill Kill Murder Death

Bomb Armed!
    Murder Death Kill
    Bomb Planted!

NOOOoooOOOoOO-SPLAT!

Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on
    heh heh heh
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    edited August 2006
    I won't be on for the next couple of days. Someone dropped yet another computer into my lap, and i'm going to spend some time hooking it up and testing it, and also I'm going to go get my hair buzzcut'd, etc blah blah have fun doods.

FyreWulff on
    edited August 2006
    FyreWulff wrote:
    I won't be on for the next couple of days. Someone dropped yet another computer into my lap, and i'm going to spend some time hooking it up and testing it, and also I'm going to go get my hair buzzcut'd, etc blah blah have fun doods.

I won't be there for NMN next week, I'll be on the island of Kawaii, sipping mai tais on the beach after a long day of surfing and snorkelling. It's gonna suck.

Werespaz on
  • SpruchySpruchy Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Hey me and my friend have been playing lots of Halo 2 recently (mostly double team) and would love to join you guys. Who should I add to my friends list (everyone in the OP)?

Spruchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    TBK Fyrewulff would be your best bet since he plays this game the most.

Ranced on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Anybody playing right now? Once I get the bonus map pack (which is taking FOREVER) I'm read to play.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    GG's in Chromehounds tonight gentlemen. We certainly put our mark on the West Industrial Zone of Melton.

Tomorrow, get your snowshoes ready, because Tarakia has just taken Dunaj, and are pushing for our capital! :shock:

BladeOfSanjuro on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZercofZercof Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Sup Guys? I believe that I'm going to be investing in Chromehounds shortly (as in this afternoon) and will be trying it out for a little bit before work. Most likely I will be playing tonight for a while. So send me a 'clan invite'? Or however the game handles that sort of thing.

Danke!

Zercof on
    Zercof.png
    edited August 2006
    By the way, when I get back home.. I'm going to conduct a mass purging of inactive accounts on the clan list. The only three reprieves of really old names will be Bogestrom (because he posted recently), Zonkytonkman (by request of Nambkab), and Libthorne (just because). Okay, maybe four, whicever guy joined the clan on 11/9.

FyreWulff on
    edited August 2006
    FyreWulff wrote:
    By the way, when I get back home.. I'm going to conduct a mass purging of inactive accounts on the clan list. The only three reprieves of really old names will be Bogestrom (because he posted recently), Zonkytonkman (by request of Nambkab), and Libthorne (just because). Okay, maybe four, whicever guy joined the clan on 11/9.

When's that?

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
This discussion has been closed.