As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Deals Thread

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Hm. I probably should play it at some point... then again I just finished a months-long Skyrim/Mass Effect 3 binge and I'm looking for something short and stupid. So I'm not really in the right state of mind.

At any rate, thanks Renzo and carry on, game deals thread.

do you know what I did when I finished up my last several months long binge on long, involved games? I played Bulletstorm. I suggest the same for everyone, because it is pretty awesome and short and stupid.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    ...okay not THAT stupid. :P

I've actually got Vanquish queued up, with DKC Returns next.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ooh, Vanquish is a good one. Nothing's quite as badass as sitting behind cover, shit blowing up all over, bullets and giant pieces of rubble flying over head and you're just taking a smoke break like "whatever"

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Ooh, Vanquish is a good one. Nothing's quite as badass as sitting behind cover, shit blowing up all over, bullets and giant pieces of rubble flying over head and you're just taking a smoke break like "whatever"

Except maybe jet dashing under that rubble while shooting bad guys.

• Options
    That too :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Zen ArcadeZen Arcade Registered User regular
    I loved Vanquish so much.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Infamous 2 really does seem to be a great deal... the cheapest Amazon has it right now is $20.

I played the first Infamous and was kinda "meh" about it. Will I like Infamous 2 better?

Not sure. What was "meh" about it? Inf 2 changed some things, but I don't know if it changed anything that you care about.

...I'm having a hard time articulating it. I couldn't get into the characters all that much (why does Cole talk like a grizzly bear?), the plot didn't really hook me, I got a little tired fighting the same guys over and over and over, and flying and zapping around the city was fun but not really joyful. I mean, I liked the experience, but at no point did I go "holy crap this is awesome!" I dunno. Maybe I've been spoiled by the Batman games.
    To be honest, a lot of those things are weaker in 2 than 1

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Vanquish was awesome. I also like infamous 2 way more than 1.

I've got some codes for random games that are taking up space on my desk, so I'm just going to post them here for you deal people in case any of you pick them up on the cheap. PLEASE post if you use one of them. Most (or all) should hopefully still be valid.

Batman Arkham City Xbox 360 Catwoman: DCY98-K3CDQ-X7GMP-XH49W-GT3GZ

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit LE PS3:
    CLN8-45NT-C92H
    PCGP-T8NR-T7F5
    RMEC-G3N3-L64L

Homefront Battle Code PS3:
    DHKA-2MNT-C578
    5FK7-F9N5-D75G

Bulletstorm LE PS3:
    7EBJ-LGNC-8KAD

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Kaseius wrote: »

I've got some codes for random games that are taking up space on my desk, so I'm just going to post them here for you deal people in case any of you pick them up on the cheap. PLEASE post if you use one of them. Most (or all) should hopefully still be valid.

CLN8-45NT-C92H
    PCGP-T8NR-T7F5
    RMEC-G3N3-L64L

DHKA-2MNT-C578
    5FK7-F9N5-D75G

Bulletstorm LE PS3:
    7EBJ-LGNC-8KAD

Took the Bulletstorm one, thanks. :)

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

CLN8-45NT-C92H
    PCGP-T8NR-T7F5
    RMEC-G3N3-L64L

DHKA-2MNT-C578
    5FK7-F9N5-D75G

Bulletstorm LE PS3:
    7EBJ-LGNC-8KAD

Took the Bulletstorm one, thanks. :)
    What exactly are these codes for, the game or online pass?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    I assume the Bulletstorm one at least is the Limited edition Extra stuff (gold leash, and I think some of those Score based maps)

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    They're online passes for those games, or just extra stuff. I think some are both.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Gamersgate has the Mount and Blade Games collection on Sale for 7.50 USD:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-MBMBW/mount-and-blade-collection-bundle?caff=3884871

The individual titles are also on sale for 5.00 (Warband), 3.74 (base game) and 2.50 (Fire and Sword) if you already own some of the titles. They are listed as "Other DRM" so not sure if that means Steamworks or not.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I used the first code for NFSHP. It's an online pass and some extra cars, I guess.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Puppy Games is giving away a free game of your choice today. Limited to 1 obviously. They are the Revenege of the Titans guys. Details in the link.

Edit: Someone brought this to my attention as well:
    Entriech wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Puppy Games is giving away a free game of your choice today. Limited to 1 obviously. They are the Revenege of the Titans guys. Not Steam keys but figure it was worth posting here anyways. Details in the link.

Thanks for this. Titan Attacks purchased. It's worth noting that if you buy Revenge of the Titans or Titan Attacks using this, you can get a Steam key for your game here: http://www.puppygames.net/steam/

Corpekata on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Puppy Games is giving away a free game of your choice today. Limited to 1 obviously. They are the Revenege of the Titans guys. Details in the link.

And looks like this has brought their site to its knees!

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

And looks like this has brought their site to its knees!

Took a while but eventually got in, picked up Titan Attacks, thanks for the heads up!

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The latest gamefly deals: Rage $10, Resistance 3 $15, Bad Company 2 $8

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular

CLN8-45NT-C92H
    PCGP-T8NR-T7F5
    RMEC-G3N3-L64L

DHKA-2MNT-C578
    5FK7-F9N5-D75G

Bulletstorm LE PS3:
    7EBJ-LGNC-8KAD

Just redeemed the second NFS:HP code. Thanks, Kaseius!

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular

Gamefly tends to redo all the sales at the end of the event, right? Rage has been the most appealing sale to me so far, but I want to see if any better sales pop up.

• Options
    Epic Mickey 2 Preorder PS3/360/Wii - 45$

and yeah, I think Gamefly usually recaps for stuff they have left in stock.

• Options
    Turkey wrote: »

Gamefly tends to redo all the sales at the end of the event, right? Rage has been the most appealing sale to me so far, but I want to see if any better sales pop up.
    They tend to sell out on the good ones

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    i just finished Rage after picking it up for $5 from best buy last month. i gotta say, i dont think Rage is worth playing through for any price. that game is dull in the extreme, and the amount of backtracking is ridiculous. also the technical issues on consoles arent so great. also some other bad things.

i was hoping Ace Combat or Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 for the ps3 would go back on sale on Gamefly tonight, but looks like no dice. ah well, my backlog is already glutted with bargain games currently.

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    The PuppyGames thing is awesome...I bought all their games a while back. Well worth full price.

• Options
    Gamersgate has Alan Wake for 20 USD. Steamworks http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ALANWAKE/alan-wake?caff=3884871

The collector's edition is also on sale for 23 USD if anyone wants the extras.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    i just finished Rage after picking it up for $5 from best buy last month. i gotta say, i dont think Rage is worth playing through for any price. that game is dull in the extreme, and the amount of backtracking is ridiculous. also the technical issues on consoles arent so great. also some other bad things.

I had a similar experience with RAGE. Add to the list of complaints bad forced diving sequences, underwhelming weapons (except for the shotgun which is awesome) and surprisingly few enemy types. I do think it's worth playing at $5 for the beautiful textures, enemy animations and solid shotgun. If you hate yourself, it's also worth playing to see how they actually managed to top Borderlands in the bad ending department.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Darksiders 360 is $10 on Bestbuy.com.

PS3 too

Great way to catch up, the sequel is coming out soon.

captaink on
  • Options
    And Mass Effect 3 is $40 for both platforms at BB too. In-store and online.

• Options
    Both? I guess PC is not then?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Spoit wrote: »
    Both? I guess PC is not then?

Don't you know? There's only two machines in existence that play games.

(Yes, it bugs me, too, when someone says a game is on "both systems" when it's on three or more systems. What is THAT supposed to mean?)

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Systems = Consoles

That is the way it has always been

Like, forever

Typically if I'm talking about a game and someone asks me "what system is it on?" I'll say "both systems and the PC"

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Oh boy, I love semantics arguments.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    If it bugs you and you brought it up, I guess you do

In every gaming magazine I've ever read, every article on a website, never have I heard the PC (or Mac, to be fair) referred to as a "system"

Sorry if that bugs you

I get annoyed when people bring up deals on downloadable titles and just assume that everyone knows they're talking about the PC, even though those same downloadable titles are available on consoles, but I don't bring it up because I know downloadable titles are the norm for PC and not for consoles.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    He also specifically said 360 and PS3 in the first post, then 'both' in the followup post. Seemed pretty clear.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    So, its kind of a deal I guess, but Games on Demand on XBL has finally released a decent game at a fair price.

You can dl Jurassic Park for $20. Its basically just an interactive movie, but the first time you see a T-Rex and hear that iconic roar... then get caught in the middle of an epic showdown between it and a Triceratops, you'll pretty much feel like it was money well spent.

• Options
    ME3 PC is on sale at BB too, you big whiny babies.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Clearance deals are always fairly hit-or-miss but I have grabbed Mafia II, Modnation Racers and Hunted for the PS3 for 9.98 each over the past few days at TRU. Most of them weren't labelled as being clearanced so it might be why there were still copies. I also saw Splatterhouse at that price point but passed.

• Options
    Splatterhouse for $10 is worth it.

Its a fun and gory beat em up. Also, you collect nude photos of your girlfriend for some reason. Whether or not that is a pro or con is up to you :P

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Splatterhouse for $10 is worth it.

Its a fun and gory beat em up. Also, you collect nude photos of your girlfriend for some reason. Whether or not that is a pro or con is up to you :P

I may have to go back then. I love beat em ups. I was sort of disappointed to see that Hunted is a more serious tone - I LOVED Inxile's take on the Bard's Tale on the PS2. I saw in some reviews that Splatterhouse 1-3 are unlockable too - that adds to the temptation.

This discussion has been closed.