As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm really bad at knowing who counters who

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Experience

---

Just finished a lulzy game. They gave us Shaco, so we had Frosteey on jungle Kayle and Shaco counterjungling/roaming. Triple solo Morg, WW, Graves. They couldn't take advantage of solo Graves and we crushed them in team fights, even though Shaco was way behind..

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    I always wanted to try AD Anivia. Her wall and egg should make her almost unkillable in lane. She has a stun and an AoE attack speed slow(not that you will ever have the mana for it, but hey why not). Really poor damage though due to bad base AS and scaling

Note Tracer's secret ADnivia technique: Manamune. Pretend you're Yorick.

Somehow I turned into a support player in Ranked. This is not helping at all in solo queue.

I win a lot of games as support in soloqueue. More so than I win in other roles. This is both because it means that someone who doesn't want to support doesn't have to, but also because support wins games.

Not too long ago I was playing a game as AD carry with a pretty good support. We win a fight in our base, push them out and chase. I pick one of them up with a hawkshot and chase all the way to blue sides tribrush (we were purple) where sivir was backing. We had a ward in the bush, I killed her, we took baron, pushed, and won the game.

Soraka placed that ward. Support wins games.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Trus wrote: »
    Chaoshat, I'm pretty sure it's a mortal sin to build Forzen Mallet on Yi

Mallet is good on Yi.

I think Trus is trying to say building mallet on Yi makes you a dick.

And that is correct, it does make you a dick.

But it's still hilarious.

No.

Yi has a gap closer and a run speed increase, why do you need a slow when you could be getting more damage!

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Like what does Yi get from Mallet that he actually wants?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Like what does Yi get from Mallet that he actually wants?

Running faster doesn't keep them from getting to the tower though. I think it's arguable either way.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I feel like you'd be better off running a better damage item and taking exhaust.

At least you can then throw the exhaust on a carry in a team fight if you aren't chasing someone.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    No, everyone's missing the point of mallet on Yi.

It's hilarious. That's what it is. The enemy is trying to run, and yi is just right there, even without blowing his ult, and the enemy is thinking "This is some butts" and that is hilarious

• Options
    Best Yi build starts with buying Fiora as your first item.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Yomuu's, zerker, 4x phantom dancers, then just run at turrets. If they're team comes, let them chase you, it's the most fun you can have.

• Options
    Yomuu's, zerker, 4x phantom dancers, then just run at turrets. If they're team comes, let them chase you, it's the most fun you can have.
    Swap the Zerker's for Mobility if you're doing that

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Na, they'll never catch you already, gotta hit them turrets as fast as humanly faster.

2.5atk/s cap be damned.

We did this today, and the game was so stupid close it was hilarious. We finally lost, and I just couldn't help but admit to laughing so hard it hurt.

They eventually left someone at their exposed towers so I wouldn't run and whack it

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I love items with actives on them. We need more items with active effects.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    No, we don't need more good items @Delphinidaes can't buy because he can never remember to use them.

:3

(Actually I totally forget to use Randuin's sometimes if I'm not on Malphite)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I wish entropy and odins was on classic. I want to run ghostblade + entropy + exec. calling (or gunblade) outside of dominion. Then I could get odin + omen and be the happiest summoner.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    is entropy only on dominion because it'd be too strong on sr? it's basically like having exhaust and ignite on one item, but it's super expensive, so i dunno...

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Master Yi is terribly squishy and has zero CC. He both wants and needs the health and the slow.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Experience

---

Just finished a lulzy game. They gave us Shaco, so we had Frosteey on jungle Kayle and Shaco counterjungling/roaming. Triple solo Morg, WW, Graves. They couldn't take advantage of solo Graves and we crushed them in team fights, even though Shaco was way behind..

1v2 no-death Graves was hella fun.

Dodging Leona grabs erryday.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Don't people know how to deal with Ez anymore? I've been tearing up a couple of bot lanes with him and it's always gone badly for the others.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I guess people have trouble dealing with aggressive poke in botlane with such short CDs? With Cait, you know you have aaaages before she can throw another Peacemaker out. With Ez? It's like he can just combo non-stop with AAs that matter thrown in there, like a more damaging Ryze. But Skillshots.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Does Shaco's decieve crit always crit for the amount in the ability tooltip or is it influenced by infinity edge passive?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I just wish I could get to play him other places than bot. In bot you're ad carry and need to build like it, or you put your team behind. In other lane you can do stupic things like hybrid/bruiser Ez and melt faces with a good conciense.

• Options
    Rami wrote: »
    Does Shaco's decieve crit always crit for the amount in the ability tooltip or is it influenced by infinity edge passive?

According to LoL Wiki it stacks on top. So at rank one it would be 140% (base)+50% (IE) damage, while on lv. 5 it's 220%+50%. So with the mastery and his passive you can crit for 300%.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I was amazed when I found out that Deceive, in addition to a short-cooldown Blink with Stealth, gives a guaranteed crit with bonus damage. Plus his natural passive bonus for striking from behind since, hey, you're stealthed.

Is there any other non-Ult skill in the entire game as good as or better than that?

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »

We could move Flash to a active item, and then get rid of it as a summoner's spell.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    You'd just create an item that 90% of champs would rush first and then everyone has 3 Summoner's spells.

• Options
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    I just wish I could get to play him other places than bot. In bot you're ad carry and need to build like it, or you put your team behind. In other lane you can do stupic things like hybrid/bruiser Ez and melt faces with a good conciense.
    Take him top, if you have a tanky jungler. He has a good escape and can last hit from WAAAAAY the hell back.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    You'd just create an item that 90% of champs would rush first and then everyone has 3 Summoner's spells.

Yep. This would be worse because it would be like "Well you have to have this fucking item so build it." The hard part is whether it has really job specific stats, the expense of it, or the difficulty of getting it.

Honestly, as a jungler I feel flash is in a good place. I have to choose it or exhaust which is a pretty difficult decision most of the time.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    I guess people have trouble dealing with aggressive poke in botlane with such short CDs? With Cait, you know you have aaaages before she can throw another Peacemaker out. With Ez? It's like he can just combo non-stop with AAs that matter thrown in there, like a more damaging Ryze. But Skillshots.

Pokey botlanes seem pretty strong in general at the moment, what with the (possibly specific to my ELO) number of unconventional supports popping up and AD carries insisting on starting with a Doran's blade even without a healer.

• Options
    I start boots+3 even with a healer. Boots too stronk and the pots saves them a bit of mana so they can do things when they really need to.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    I start boots+3 even with a healer. Boots too stronk and the pots saves them a bit of mana so they can do things when they really need to.

That's considerate of you.
    My nightmares are the teams that want me to take summoner heal on a support other than janna, because evidently not only do i need summoner heal, but a heal on part of my kit, and "clairvoyance sucks." Of course, the AD can't be bothered to take summoner heal, and won't be taking potions, obviously.

How many hit points do you need from me, exactly?

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

That's considerate of you.
    My nightmares are the teams that want me to take summoner heal on a support other than janna, because evidently not only do i need summoner heal, but a heal on part of my kit, and "clairvoyance sucks." Of course, the AD can't be bothered to take summoner heal, and won't be taking potions, obviously.

How many hit points do you need from me, exactly?

Got yelled at last night for taking exhaust over heal on supportcrank. AD was a Tristana who already had heal :?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    There's a certain point when I'm supporting where I just give up and say "you're on your own, good luck out there" to the carry. This is normally when they're getting hit by the enemy tower while simultaneously arguing that our lane isn't pushed at all.

• Options
    Oh, Rend. Are you regretting your summoner name yet?

I always suggest that an AD Carry I'm supporting takes Heal, as it heals the user for more. I tend to take Exhaust or Clairvoyance if I'm playing support. Exhaust is good if you have no natural slow. CV is good if you like running around in their jungle. (Nunu is always CV/Flash)

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Played with a Fizz mid last night. Jungler kept invading my wraiths and stuff, and I politely pointed out that if he got a ward or two to help out, it might net him some kills and gank protection.

"lol get your own wards"

Fucking people who play this game expect everyone else to do everything so they can just worry about pwning.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Played with a Fizz mid last night. Jungler kept invading my wraiths and stuff, and I politely pointed out that if he got a ward or two to help out, it might net him some kills and gank protection.

"lol get your own wards"

Fucking people who play this game expect everyone else to do everything so they can just worry about pwning.

"Janna we need more wards"
    "I've already bought like 6, and it's only 10 minutes in. You need to buy wards too."
    "Then why have I not seen any"
    "Because you're not paying attention. Now go buy some wards."
    "lol support buys wards"

Welp

• Options
    But Rend, wards only appear in the shop for supports

Everybody knows that

• Options
    Rend wrote: »

"lol get your own wards"

"Janna we need more wards"
    "I've already bought like 6, and it's only 10 minutes in. You need to buy wards too."
    "Then why have I not seen any"
    "Because you're not paying attention. Now go buy some wards."
    "lol support buys wards"

Welp
    What are you talking about? Only the jungler and support buy wards, the AD Carry just farms all game and expects you to fill them up on HP/Mana constantly, that's what you're there for!

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular

"lol get your own wards"

But if I don't pwn how will I be able to afford wards? Catch-22, the only way to win is not to play.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    On an unrelated note, I'm convinced that jungle Lux is secretly awesome. She's super safe because of her shield, not that slow (first clear in about 3:40 or something without a leash), and has surprisingly good ganks if she can hit her skillshots. The only issue is that she's just slightly reliant on blue buff.

This discussion has been closed.