As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• Options
    DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    What is list being? Maybe perhaps I give advice?
    HQ

The Swarmlord (345pts)
    Tyrant Guard
    Bonded exoskeleton, Lash Whip, Rending claws

Elites

Hive Guard Brood (100pts)
    2x Hive Guard (100pts)

2x Hive Guard (100pts)

The Doom of Malan'tai (130pts)
    Mycetic Spore (40pts)

Troops

Genestealer Brood (170pts)
    10x Genestealer
    10x Reinforced Chitin, 10x Rending Claws, 10x Toxin Sacs

10x Genestealer

Termagant Brood (50pts)
    10x Termagant
    10x Chitin, 10x Claws and Teeth, 10x Fleshborer

Tervigon (195pts)
    Adrenal Glands, Bonded exoskeleton, Catalyst, Claws and teeth, Cluster Spines, Dominion, Toxin Sacs

Heavy Support
    Trygon (240pts)
    Upgrade to Trygon Prime

I already submitted it for the practice tourney so not much I can do about it now, but free advice is free advice. I'm still missing a model for the Spore, which sucks, as I have nothing even close to it that makes a good proxy. Today the Biovore was acting as stand in. Blurgh.

• Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Matrias wrote: »
    My hobby closet is disgusting and the reminder of wasted money is pissing me off.

Well, realistically, those painted guys are wasted money too. This whole hobby is wasting money.

All hobbies 'waste' money.

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    DocSamson wrote: »
    Chrysis wrote: »
    How did the Dreadnought inflict any wounds on the Trygon if the Trygon killed it in one round? Chaos doesn't have any special character Dreadnoughts and the Trygon has higher initiative. Unless it charged through cover that is.

Didn't charge through cover, I was told it had the same initiative due to...something. Really, no special character dreadnoughts for chaos? It also had I believe 3 attacks, whereas I was the one who charged, so maybe I'm missing something else. I really don't know Chaos that well, or at least not as well as I should considering how often I've played them.

My bad, I thought Trygons were base Initiative 5. But yes, no special character Dreadnoughts for chaos. Three attacks is legit, they have three attacks base as long as they have at least one DCCW. Chaos Dreadnoughts are actually relatively good for their cost, although the Crazed rules do hurt them a bit. At least GW have clarified how Fire Frenzy is supposed to work and limited the threat they pose to their own side.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    What is list being? Maybe perhaps I give advice?
    HQ

The Swarmlord (345pts)
    Tyrant Guard
    Bonded exoskeleton, Lash Whip, Rending claws

Elites

2x Hive Guard (100pts)

2x Hive Guard (100pts)

The Doom of Malan'tai (130pts)
    Mycetic Spore (40pts)

Troops

10x Genestealer

10x Genestealer

Termagant Brood (50pts)
    10x Termagant
    10x Chitin, 10x Claws and Teeth, 10x Fleshborer

Tervigon (195pts)
    Adrenal Glands, Bonded exoskeleton, Catalyst, Claws and teeth, Cluster Spines, Dominion, Toxin Sacs

Heavy Support
    Trygon (240pts)
    Upgrade to Trygon Prime

I already submitted it for the practice tourney so not much I can do about it now, but free advice is free advice. I'm still missing a model for the Spore, which sucks, as I have nothing even close to it that makes a good proxy. Today the Biovore was acting as stand in. Blurgh.

Is solid list, maybe best advice is being to reduce Swarmlord to Hive Tyrant or trade for cheaper HQ. Also, perhaps maybe changing Toxin Sacs for more bodies, is better value I am thinking.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Best objective marker ever, or best objective marker ever?
    IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Dat shit kawaii as hell.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2012
    SJ wrote: »
    That Thunder Hammer is the right arm from one of the Masters of the Chapter that GW released.
    Oh. Well I wonder what happened to the rest of the Master of the Chapter.

I have two Hive Tyrant lash whips.

I have one HT.

Must have bitz-ordered in my sleep again.
    I just finished putting together and painting the Hive Tyrant only to realize I want to field a Swarmlord, so I'll need to buy one as well. Should have thought to magnetize it but...here we are...

I have a metal HT. Couldn't be arsed magnetizing it. If I get the new plastic kit I'll magnetize it though, so I can field a Swarmlord if I want.

Going to be interesting to see if I can manage to magnetize the tail/wings for a Flyrant too.

Echo on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    I can't get over how they guy dry brushed the lighting effect instead of washed. the scene looks like its covered in flock.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I love this pose:

img4f7ed7bf54097.jpg

"HATERS GONNA HATE!"

Matrias on
  • Options
    How the hell do I take a decent picture of a miniature? My cell phone camera is laughable and I'm not sure if my regular camera has a macro mode?

I am dumb at camera.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    How the hell do I take a decent picture of a miniature? My cell phone camera is laughable and I'm not sure if my regular camera has a macro mode?

I am dumb at camera.
    You need macro mode.

This should help: "The macro mode is usually on the menu button that also has an icon of two triangles that represents mountains (landscape mode) and sometimes MF (manual focus). You may have to press the button several times until the flower icon appears, either on the small top plate LCD or larger viewing LCD. Some cameras then automatically shift into a specific zone on the zoom lens so you may hear a whir as the zoom resets. "

So search for the flower icon.

Lighting helps, too. I have a pretty ghetto setup, but it works pretty effectively. I place the model on a white, plastic table top and light it with a desk lamp. The table top is there because its a neutral colour. Its also shiny, which helps bounce the light (without the need for a light box).

Matrias on
  • Options
    I'll try that tomorrow, sleep time now.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    The-standard-icon-representing-macro-mode-usually-.jpg
    Picture from instructables, and here's an article about macro mode.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I can't get over how they guy dry brushed the lighting effect instead of washed. the scene looks like its covered in flock.

Also, mold lines.
    Awesome idea though

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    I don't like the contemptors. I just can't get over it, they look weird to me.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The thing with taking photos of minis is that most people hold the camera way too close, and then the camera can't focus at things that lose and ends up focusing on the background. I hold my iPhone about a foot away.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Going to be interesting to see if I can manage to magnetize the tail/wings for a Flyrant too.

Definitely possible. The torso 'mount' that connects the torso to the legs connects to the legs via a simple ball joint. So basing both sets of lets and sticking a magnet at the bottom of the socket, the torso should slot right in with a pretty secure join. The wings slot right into the top arm slot, so it might be a bit fiddly getting the magnet position correct, but it should just be like sticking a different set of arms in the top arm joints.

• Options
    altmann wrote: »
    I don't like the contemptors. I just can't get over it, they look weird to me.
    He doesn't care, mang. Look at his walk. Haters going to hate.

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    All I ever see when I look at those is a Terran MAX Armor Suit from Planetside. Guy on the right

roll_infantry2.jpg

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    So Matrias's purge inspired me to clean house a bit. I've got $400 worth of old textbooks to send off to Amazon. I sent off $120 worth of old 40k models to Blue Table Painting for a trade-in. Next time I'm at my parents' place, I'm going to dig out my ~25k of Epic Space Marines and send those off too.

Less is more!

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What the? Did they make epic tau?

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    Harbinger of Destruction Cryptek
    Cryptek3.jpg
    Cryptek4.jpg

• Options
    what is he holding?

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    He has a couple of control panels. I'll paint them up in a glowy techno hacker Minority Report style thingy, so he's interfacing with some Necron remote network while shooting shit

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Looks like the arms from the console warriors on the barges. Clever.

• Options
    Yeah, it is those arms and thanks!
    I want my vehicles to be "alive" and work via AI rather than pilots, so I've left them off (The barge looks pretty decent without crew, not tried an ark yet). More bitz for the bitz god!

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    I went to my LGS yesterday to maybe get in a quick game.

That kid who plays only draigowing? He was playing fucking ultramarines with calgar.

I was like "dammit, what happened!". I almost felt bad because he took such a normal list. I didn't play him though, he was being killed by some guy with a bunch of death company.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    mr_mich wrote: »
    Next time I'm at my parents' place, I'm going to dig out my ~25k of Epic Space Marines and send those off too.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

You've seen my cases of Epic models, haven't you? I've got enough extra guys to outfit every single one of us in Maryland. Bring them up the next time we game!

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    WTF, Tomb Blades but no <type>scythe kit? Bikes better be goddamn awesome come sixth ed.….

The aircraft are supposedly being held back for the flyers release they want to do around 6th.
    Oh god, did someone really resurrect the 'Summer of Flyers' silliness?

Is someone also trotting out that now 'Storm of Magic' is out, it's going to be followed up by 'Rain of Arrows' so all army's missile weapons are going to get a big book of loving (Yes, this was a rumor people seriously repeated).

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    I have a quick rules question:

This weekend I played in a local tournament and I brought along my looted Dreadknight and I ran it as a Mega Dread. Our organizers let FW stuff in the tournies and everyone loves my conversion (which I'll post later tonight).

So The Mega Dread is equipped with a killkannon and some big shootas. Since the killkannon is ordinance if I fire that it can't fire any other weapons, correct? And it scatters 3d6 as well?

Gonna say the Mega Dread is an awesome model but for me it performed just awfully. And it really isn't about performance to me; I mainly convert and I hardly ever play but it was just awful. Since I went against small armies (marines and non-horde orks) my scatters went absolutely nowhere. I also couldn't get it into CC so, yeah.

I went 1-2 but I won best sportsman and a $20 gift certificate!

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    Unless the mega dread has a special rule that states otherwise, it can't fire any other weapons if it fires and ordnance shot. Is the 3d6 scatter a special rule for the Mega Dread? Standard rules are 2d6-shooter's BS.

• Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    Unless the mega dread has a special rule that states otherwise, it can't fire any other weapons if it fires and ordnance shot. Is the 3d6 scatter a special rule for the Mega Dread? Standard rules are 2d6-shooter's BS.
    Nope no special rules for the killkannon; must have gotten editions mixed up. Still really wouldn't have mattered though. When I needed to roll low I rolled high. When I needed to roll high I rolled low.

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    I fucking hate models with one arm that holds the gun, and the second arm that has to connect to the weapon and the shoulder socket.

LOOKING AT YOU, NECRON WARRIORS

• Options
    DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    Nax wrote: »
    I fucking hate models with one arm that holds the gun, and the second arm that has to connect to the weapon and the shoulder socket.

Sums up my feelings about assembling Dire Avengers/Warriors. Contort my fingers into the weirdest poses to hold everything in there together.

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Nope no special rules for the killkannon; must have gotten editions mixed up. Still really wouldn't have mattered though. When I needed to roll low I rolled high. When I needed to roll high I rolled low.

Scatter is 2d6 minus your BS. I think the megadread is BS2, so your scatter would be 2d6-2. That is way more accurate than 3d6 :P

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

Sums up my feelings about assembling Dire Avengers/Warriors. Contort my fingers into the weirdest poses to hold everything in there together.

tyranid warriors, ugh

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    PetrikovPetrikov Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So, I don't play WFB as often as 40k nor do I put as much money into it, but I was just given about 24 Khorne Chaos Knights. I know maybe three or four people in my area who play Fantasy, and none of them play Northmen. What are they like in comparison to Vampire Counts, cuz' that's what I normally play.

EDIT: Should probably add I play Von Carstein.

Petrikov on
  • Options
    Wrong thread :P

40k related: Going to try and assemble 1k point of Necrons by Wednesday night

• Options
    Good luck, Necron Warriors are soooo dull to build

• Options
    PetrikovPetrikov Registered User regular
    Wrong thread :P

40k related: Going to try and assemble 1k point of Necrons by Wednesday night

Just Noticed there was a WHFB thread. My bad.

This discussion has been closed.