As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[HBO] Game of Thrones S2 on Sunday; spoilers abound, no tags; NO BOOKS

• Options
    Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Oh, the other thing I really appreciated in this episode -
    Renly and Loras's makeout scene and them actually seeming really into it. There's been no shortage of scenes in movies and TV shows where straight actors are playing gay and are really obviously uncomfortable the whole time, it was nice to see that in both acting and directing they weren't shying away from it.

Also it was pretty hilarious watching Renly look like he was about to gag when he was with Margaery. Ooh, poor Renly.

Yeah,
    not being able to stomach even fake making out with a girl that hot is how you know you're pretty gay.

Approximately 5.5 Decaliberaces, or 107 Ferries if you prefer Imperial measures of gayness.

I swear this sounds funny right now, maybe that's only because I can't sleep...

Boring7 on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Basically, he looked the way you'd expect a straight guy to look who's just been told that it's politically necessary to go have sex with a dude.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    enc0re wrote: »
    Having read not a single book I'm tremendously grateful for this spoiler-free haven to discuss the show.

Just wanted to join enc0re in wishing all you lovely unspoilery peoples an excellent day. And now I shall be avoiding this thread, because I haven't watched the latest episode yet ;)

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Jobs for women in the Kingsguard?

(rolls eyes) Thanks, Obama.

Campy wrote: »
    enc0re wrote: »
    Having read not a single book I'm tremendously grateful for this spoiler-free haven to discuss the show.

Just wanted to join enc0re in wishing all you lovely unspoilery peoples an excellent day. And now I shall be avoiding this thread, because I haven't watched the latest episode yet ;)

It's been impressive. I was following another thread on a different message board, and by about day 4 they had spoiled almost all of season 1. The dicks are out there. Beyond the wall.

• Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    I now want my brother to rebel against the king, become king himself, marry a horrible woman who produces a bunch of children from incest, and then get himself killed nesseciating a gigantic war all so I can marry Margaery.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Asharad wrote: »
    I now want my brother to rebel against the king, become king himself, marry a horrible woman who produces a bunch of children from incest, and then get himself killed nesseciating a gigantic war all so I can marry Margaery.

To get more face time with her brother.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So, there is a new actor playing Loras, right? Because I swear that is not the same guy. Also, he seems to be less Dashing Knight with a touch of Faaaabulous, and more spoiled douche now.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Pretty sure it's still Finn Jones.

Also, I assume Margaery is doing a Daenerys and and gaining a good 5 years on her book self? I was under the impression she was much younger in the books.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    They could probably help you with that question about the "book age" of the characters in the Game of Thrones book chat thread.

For instance, I wouldn't know how to answer your inquiry myself. *hoists up suspenders and spits* I'm not one of those high-fallutin' readers.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

Also, I assume Margaery is doing a Daenerys and and gaining a good 5 years on her book self? I was under the impression she was much younger in the books.

looks like he bulked up a little in the offseason

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »

looks like he bulked up a little in the offseason

Now the king can play him at tight end.

• Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    At some point I'd love for Theon to start calling his dad on some of the "we're Iron Men, we're hardcore" bullshit. "The Wolves have made you soft"- Well they were hard enough to completely roll the Iron Islands and slaughter your two warrior sons.

Also seems like that whole Iron Price spiel tends to get forgotten whenever the Iron Islands getting put down in their rebellion comes up in conversation, not to mention that Balons idea of paying the Iron Price for his crown is to avoid fighting anybody dangerous at all costs so he can raid old men, women and children. Basically seems like the Iron Islands are inhabited by a nation of douche bags and pansies who like to talk big because they come from a place with a cool name.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    At some point I'd love for Theon to start calling his dad on some of the "we're Iron Men, we're hardcore" bullshit. "The Wolves have made you soft"- Well they were hard enough to completely roll the Iron Islands and slaughter your two warrior sons.

Also seems like that whole Iron Price spiel tends to get forgotten whenever the Iron Islands getting put down in their rebellion comes up in conversation, not to mention that Balons idea of paying the Iron Price for his crown is to avoid fighting anybody dangerous at all costs so he can raid old men, women and children. Basically seems like the Iron Islands are inhabited by a nation of douche bags and pansies who like to talk big because they come from a place with a cool name.
    Power Something something trick, illusion, where people believe it resides, etc.

By constantly talking up the iron price and killing easy targets, it makes you appear more powerful than you actually are.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This episode was so much better than the last one. One of the most all-around solid episodes of the show yet. Things moved along at a brisk pace without feeling rushed. Lots of juicy characterization. And none of the nudity seemed gratuitous.

I love Tyrion in this part of the story so much.
    Didn't he basically do just that, and that's why he got hit?

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    OremLK wrote: »
    I love Tyrion in this part of the story so much.

I liked how he disseminated conflicting information to flush to see what would leak, and which member of the council was a spy for his sister. Clever, clever, clever.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    He's like the anti-Ned Stark. Knows exactly how to play the game and cut right through the bullshit.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    OremLK wrote: »
    He's like the anti-Ned Stark. Knows exactly how to play the game and cut right through the bullshit.

True that.

It was interesting to see even Jon Snow completely screw things up thanks to his own inherent Stark-ness. That Stark moral compass will get you in trouble every time, it seems.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I wanna jump in and say both me and my lady were disappointed in Margaery. We both pictured her... prettier. And I wanted her to have curly hair ....

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I wanna jump in and say both me and my lady were disappointed in Margaery. We both pictured her... prettier. And I wanted her to have curly hair ....

aaaaaa

I thought she was really hot, personally.

Beauty is clearly subjective.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Yeah uhh, the actress playing Margaery is gorgeous.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular

I don't know, I was pretty... impressed, with Margaery. And we'll just leave it at that.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    She was smokin'.

• Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular

How could anyone be disappointed with Margaery after that scene

she so thoroughly knew the score.

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dany is the one smokin'. Litterally at times.

Marge is pretty but with Dany firmly in mind from last season, its like holding a really pretty candle up to compare to a bonfire.

Even Mesi has looks to stoke the fire better.

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    All I'll say about Margeary is that the costume designers picked out a dress that she looked fantastic in, no matter how she wears it.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I dunno bros. She just seems to make this... face constantly. It's distracting. To each his own I guess!

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Margarey's actress was the only reason I was interested in The Tudors at all... my attention waned in later seasons after Anne Bolyn arrived at her historical fate. She was amazing in this scene.

Fun fact: Natalie Dormer was also the blonde lady that hits on Cap in the Captain America movie.

• Options
    I just GIS'd her.... I find her even less attractive now. DAT FACE TOO WEIRD.

• Options
    Hachface wrote: »

"We can get my brother in here or I can put on some wigs or turn around or something. Man whatever gets the job done, you have my support."

Talk about some tacit acceptance right there.

• Options

"We can get my brother in here or I can put on some wigs or turn around or something. Man whatever gets the job done, you have my support."

I absolutely LOVED the portrayal of the character Had me rolling. BUT DAT FACE.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

I love how game she is. We probably find out in the next episode that she likes girls more anyway, so they're both playing against type for this whole heir nonsense.
    Okay, I just hope we find out that she likes girls more, and then there's a 10 minute sexposition scene of her with her handmaidens. :winky: So sue me.

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    What's wrong with her face? She's really pretty bros

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Neli wrote: »
    What's wrong with her face? She's really pretty bros

Maybe she's too pretty?

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Wow, that was a great episode..my favorite one this season so far. Tyrion being awesome as usual.
    I did not see Theon betraying the Starks coming. Really, really shocking..I'm already looking forward to when he meets Robb or Brann on the field, that's bound to be fantastic.
    Also, looks like things won't be going so smoothly for Arya and Blacksmith McBastardface. Guess Arya just walking casually home to Winterfell would've been too easy.

Also, Renly's wife doesn't seem to mind that her husband doesn't want to bone her..like, at all. Totally cool with it. A threesome with her brother? Sure, why not!
    I don't get why she's willing to put up with all that..I'm guessing she's hoping to be queen when Renly conquers King's Landing? I don't know.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Maz- wrote: »
    I don't get why she's willing to put up with all that..I'm guessing she's hoping to be queen when Renly conquers King's Landing? I don't know.

ding ding ding

Littlefinger knows that Renly's gay, so there's a decent chance it's widely talked about court gossip. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that he's married to Margaery, and if that marriage produces a male heir both their holds on power will be made secure. Stannis has no sons; if Renly can get himself a son before his brother, he will be a much more attractive prospect.

Because power is a trick, you see.

Hachface on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    a shadow on the wall 8-)

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Normally I do not like to weigh in on disagreements on the internet about how pretty a person who has made a career in an industry where looks are among your main tools - because quite frankly I am hardly one to judge about how a lady looks - but in this circumstance I think I will say that there is a feature to the actress playing Margaery that is summed up here:
    z9YYo.jpg

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Normally I do not like to weigh in on disagreements on the internet about how pretty a person who has made a career in an industry where looks are among your main tools - because quite frankly I am hardly one to judge about how a lady looks - but in this circumstance I think I will say that there is a feature to the actress playing Margaery that is summed up here:
    z9YYo.jpg
    She is far more pixie/elfish in her eyes than hammerhead.

Jesus, people.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    z9YYo.jpg

Jesus, people.

In either case, the wide field of view must help her avoid predators in the wild

• Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    syndalis wrote: »
    z9YYo.jpg

Jesus, people.

In either case, the wide field of view must help her avoid predators in the wild

awww man, I laughed.

I thought she was smoking hot on the show, but I laughed.

GIS isn't very friendly to her though. some of those tudors pictures are awful.

valiance on
This discussion has been closed.