As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CRYSIS 3] ~ OUT NOW~

ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
edited February 2013 in Games and Technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fJDmP2crAlk

So, Crysis 3 is happening! Apparently they're going back to their sandboxier roots again. The game is looking pretty and has so far been getting good reviews.
Release date(s) NA February 19, 2013[4]
AU February 21, 2013
EU February 22, 2013[5]
JP March 7, 2013
Developer: Crytek (Frankfurt)
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Director: Cevat Yerli
Lead Designer: Rasmus Højengaard
Engine: CryEngine 3
Platform: PC, 360, PS3
Release Date: Q2 2013

INFO:
The award-winning developer Crytek is back with Crysis®3.

Return to the fight as Prophet, the Nanosuit soldier on a quest to rediscover his humanity and exact brutal revenge. Adapt on the fly with the stealth and armor abilities of your unique Nanosuit as you battle through the seven wonders of New York’s Liberty Dome. Unleash the firepower of your all-new, high-tech bow and alien weaponry to hunt both human and alien enemies. And uncover the truth behind the death of your squad while reestablishing the power of human will in a rich story full of exciting twists and turns.

7 WONDERS
1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bneAJKSjeKI
2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IU7LbkHpLZ8
3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2qFLtnSqS6Y
4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5DB5CgTcX1U
5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TZ1rzJMlaT8
6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9bD0AVIu8w

SCREENSHOTS

I7Whc.jpgPlGea.jpgtCaag.jpgnurBH.jpgp9tOs.jpgVUcVz.jpg
bdjvu.jpg

Official Site:
http://crysis.ea.com/

t5qfc9.jpg
Zzulu on

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I liked Crysis and Crysis 2, but a return to the more open sandbox style of the first is appreciated.

Poor New York though, that place just doesn't catch a break in science fiction.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Hmmm, if its more like the first game, I shall take an interest in it. Stealth + bow will probably be good times.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    I have to say I'm liking the post apocalyptic/overgrown aesthetic they're going for

t5qfc9.jpg
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    It uh.... It looks a little bland.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    If they can fix the god awful AI problems 2 had and make sure the MP isn't god damn broken as shit I'll get this. Having been burned oh...two or three times now with all of their games having some sort of crippling problem (Far Cry/Crysis - let's get rid of what makes the game fun halfway through it! Crysis 2 - lol broken as fuck AI, badly coded MP) I won't be day one purchasing this no matter what unless their press releases practically suck me off while telling me about their new game.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Crysis and Crysis 2 were better than every other shitty military shooter put out, they were fun games. I definitely preferred the first one. I mean, of course if I want to play multiplayer I'd play Battlefield 3, so I don't really care what they do with their multiplayer. They've made two good single player campaigns with interesting gameplay and amazing visuals, if they fix the kinks in the third one it'll be pretty great. And even if there are still kinks, well, what competition is there for single player campaigns in a FPS?

Are you the magic man?
    Frei wrote: »
    Crysis and Crysis 2 were better than every other shitty military shooter put out, they were fun games. I definitely preferred the first one. I mean, of course if I want to play multiplayer I'd play Battlefield 3, so I don't really care what they do with their multiplayer. They've made two good single player campaigns with interesting gameplay and amazing visuals, if they fix the kinks in the third one it'll be pretty great. And even if there are still kinks, well, what competition is there for single player campaigns in a FPS?
    Ironically enough: Far Cry 3

My problem is just that Far Cry and Crysis went from being awesome games where you sneak around and do horrible things to people to run and gun dumb games against big guys (mutants/aliens). Crysis 2 fixed that problem but the AI was constantly breaking, the aliens more so than the marines. You'd think a more linear game would help prevent that but nope.
    The MP is a sore point for me because of how stupidly, incredulously, retardedly hacked it was. You could just go in with nothing more than Notepad and edit some .inis and give yourself damn near infinite energy because the devs didn't bother to protect any of that crap which is a shame because the MP could have been really fun if it weren't for that. Not to mention all the day 1 connection problems it had, but at least these those got fixed.

I'd honestly be totally ok with them doing SP only and not wasting any effort on the MP so that they can finally put out a game that doesn't manage to piss me off in some sort of fundamental way. I'm like |-| that close to loving each game they put out until it craps out.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Buy up Free Radical.

Have them make Crysis 2 MP into a launch-broken Call of Duty clone.

Best use of a development house ever.

TOGSolid wrote: »

My problem is just that Far Cry and Crysis went from being awesome games where you sneak around and do horrible things to people to run and gun dumb games against big guys (mutants/aliens). Crysis 2 fixed that problem but the AI was constantly breaking, the aliens more so than the marines. You'd think a more linear game would help prevent that but nope.
    The MP is a sore point for me because of how stupidly, incredulously, retardedly hacked it was. You could just go in with nothing more than Notepad and edit some .inis and give yourself damn near infinite energy because the devs didn't bother to protect any of that crap which is a shame because the MP could have been really fun if it weren't for that. Not to mention all the day 1 connection problems it had, but at least these those got fixed.

I'd honestly be totally ok with them doing SP only and not wasting any effort on the MP so that they can finally put out a game that doesn't manage to piss me off in some sort of fundamental way. I'm like |-| that close to loving each game they put out until it craps out.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Far Cry 3. I really enjoy the Far Cry series, I think it and Crysis are the only "pure" FPS single player campaigns I like. I'd throw STALKER on there but it has inventory management and survival elements so it's not really in the same vein. I did try the Crysis 2 multiplayer once or twice but, like you said, a lot of people hacked and there was no real point in it. It's also hard for me to play a multiplayer FPS that isn't a large scale Battlefield type operation, anyway, but that's me being spoiled.

Are you the magic man?
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    The game looks pretty cool, I could definately go for an overgrown New York environment. And both 1 and 2 were hella solid shooters. But still, 'Cell pursuing world-domination'?? 'Cell creating bio-domes'? The story looks off the rails. Hopefully it is good off the rails, not terrible off the rails.

• NeliNeli Registered User regular
    I think they need to come up with more engaging stories. The narrative in Crysis and Crysis 2 was just awful. It was easier to overlook in Crysis since you could freeroam more and get by on doing silly shit like cutting down trees in a crazy jungle environment and setting up traps for crazy koreans but in Crysis 2 it was a much more linear and constricted experience in a rather dull urban environment so I was hoping to get a lot of cool story out of it instead. But nope, the story sucked, the characters sucked and now I can barely remember any of it because it was so forgettable

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    It uh.... It looks a little bland.

As does your your post.

I really love Crysis mechanics such as suit and gun modding on the fly. Being able to predator-style stalk is also my favorite styles of stealth games. I still find it hilarious though how much of a hard on Crytech has for jungles. Dudes there just love that shit.

steam_sig.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I really hope they get to emphasise height quite a bit more in this game. It was definitely there in 2, but now that things are overgrown and falling apart, it will be cool to have even more environments to climb over and outflank people from. If they can make this game less linear, and give you a few more options to circle around and go from great heights, then I am all for this.

Also, crysis shooting is really solid. Taking on human enemies just feels right. Hopefully there is more scope for that in this one.

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Buy up Free Radical.

Have them make Crysis 2 MP into a launch-broken Call of Duty clone.

Best use of a development house ever.

Wasn't even a single monkey in the MP.

• RobesRobes Registered User regular
    I am confused. How did New York become a jungle, considering what you do at the end of Crysis 2?

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    I guess this is the closest thing we'll get to Turok that isn't an unholy mess.

Tek bow, anyone?

They still haven't told me whether I can equip that bow with a laser-sight and a silencer. In real-time of course.

edited April 2012
    Robes wrote: »
    I am confused. How did New York become a jungle, considering what you do at the end of Crysis 2?

If the text in the op is to be believed it's because Cell put huge domes over the city. Which supposedly means we'll be getting some pretty varied environments in the game due to how the dome affects the city
    Players take on the role of ‘Prophet’ as he returns to New York, only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders.

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
    Lava level, ice level, water temple...

subedii wrote: »
    Lava level, ice level, water temple...

Bow...

If there's a boomerang and a magic flute, this game might be even more interesting.

Zelda Prequal, confirmed!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Guys

Compound bow

+

MAXIMUM STRENGTH

=

Day one purchase

• Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    I'm one of those crazy people that enjoyed the hell out of Crysis 2 so I'm interested to see where this goes. Although I'm already wondering how Cell can still exist after the shit they pulled in 2.

Can't wait to fight super-advanced mechs with my bow and arrow

vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Neli wrote: »
    Robes wrote: »

If the text in the op is to be believed it's because Cell put huge domes over the city. Which supposedly means we'll be getting some pretty varied environments in the game due to how the dome affects the city
    Players take on the role of ‘Prophet’ as he returns to New York, only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders.

So basically, you are saying ignore the horrible story and just have fun shooting things? Make sense to me :D

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
    edited April 2012
    If there's a story beyond "corrupt mega organization, please kill them :(" and "evil aliens, please kill them :(" then I totally missed it. Weren't the aliens all into ice and flying squids in Crysis 1? It felt like a different game entirely in Crysis 2

Though I do have to say the suit merging with the body of the wearer had some potential to be neat

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Warcry wrote: »
    Guys

Compound bow

+

MAXIMUM STRENGTH

=

Day one purchase
    It would be pretty funny to see him just chuck the whole bow so hard at an enemy ship it explodes right when the game starts.

"THERE'S YOUR NEW BACK-OF-THE-BOX BULLETPOINT FEATURE, ASSHOLES"

Darlan on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    We're just being ridiculous for the sake of being ridiculous. In reality nobody really knows anything much about this game, so it's not like there's a lot to discuss right now.

TOGSolid wrote: »

Oh yeah, I forgot about Far Cry 3. I really enjoy the Far Cry series, I think it and Crysis are the only "pure" FPS single player campaigns I like. I'd throw STALKER on there but it has inventory management and survival elements so it's not really in the same vein. I did try the Crysis 2 multiplayer once or twice but, like you said, a lot of people hacked and there was no real point in it. It's also hard for me to play a multiplayer FPS that isn't a large scale Battlefield type operation, anyway, but that's me being spoiled.

Yeah, STALKER is it's own animal. I was also just thinking of SP FPSs that are coming out soon in the vein of the whateverCrywhatever games. There is Max Payne 3 coming out which I had forgotten about. And uh....umm....Bueller?
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I find the high level of cynicism in this folder to be disturbing.
    It's not like Crytek hasn't earned it at this point.
    Can't wait to fight super-advanced mechs with my bow and arrow
    Ferngully must be saved from the evil corporations!!

wWuzwvJ.png
    Max Payne isnt an FPS :P

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    They're finally validating all those people who make cybered-up Shadowrun characters who shoot down military helicopters with bows and arrows.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited April 2012
    I hope they expand on the suit stuff. If we're playing as Prophet during events set after Crysis 2, then that means Alcatraz and Prophet completely merged at the end of Crysis 2 and now they're basically not even human anymore. They're 2 people physically and mentally merged with an intelligent cyber-armor. The moment in Crysis 2 where they made it clear that you're essentially dead and that the only thing keeping you going is the suit was a really neat moment of Sci-fi in the games

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited April 2012
    If only we hadn't seen it about 93 times before in a wide variety of science fiction stories.
    Well I have never read a sci-fi book so it's fresh to me :D

[edit] How did this post get above yours :o

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I hope they expand on the suit stuff. If we're playing as Prophet during events set after Crysis 2, then that means Alcatraz and Prophet completely merged at the end of Crysis 2 and now they're basically not even human anymore. They're 2 people physically and mentally merged with an intelligent cyber-armor. The moment in Crysis 2 where they made it clear that you're essentially dead and that the only thing keeping you going is the suit was a really neat moment of Sci-fi in the games

If only we hadn't seen it about 93 times before in a wide variety of science fiction stories.

Fairchild on
    Haha people love being dicks about things they don't like. Apparently no one saw the video telling you not to do it.

Are you the magic man?
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »

There's the Guyver, WH40K Phoenix Lords and.....?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited April 2012
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Max Payne isnt an FPS :P
    Well, shooter with a robust SP campaign thingy. You know what I meant. I've never really seperated third person and first person games in my head since the only real difference is the view angle (at least to me). In third person games I tend to completely tune out the character model.

Yar, the fluff for Crysis 2 is pretty good actually. It's the only thing that really kept me interested the whole way through the game.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited April 2012
    Iron Man, BOLO, the Stainless Steel Rat, Mass Effect 2, Half Life, Planescape: Torment, Halo, the System Shock and Bioshock serieses. The idea of a warrior's weapon taking over so that the line between warrior and weapon becomes blurred has a long history in fantasy/science fiction.

Fairchild on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'll be honest, I'm kinda disappointed about the return to new york. Given the dev cycle, I kinda wish they'd aimed for the next gen launch title time instead, but hopefully they learned something about CONSOLE RAM with the porting of 1

steam_sig.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    crysis 2 was so boring i didn't even finish it
    crysis 1 i have beaten several times