As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Eating For Charity

facetiousfacetious a wit so dryit shits sandRegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in Social Entropy++
So you may be aware that the Solid Saints auction took place recently in aid of Child's Play. Well, @ceres came up with a wonderful* idea for a pool auction: she asked various forumers to put themselves to the task of an eating competition. We collaborated to create a 'menu', with various intervals for amount raised incurring additional tasks. Ultimately we raised enough for two tiers: tier one was 2 lbs. of french fries, tier two was 50 chicken nuggets.

The gauntlet was laid. Smack was talked. And then stomachs were assaulted.

I'll let the others post their videos, but here are mine:

Challenge 1: French Fries

This video is awful, and not just because it's some dude stuffing his face. I screwed up in pretty much every way conceivable - from accidentally turning off my camera and missing the first three minutes of my attempt, to terrible framing, to.. well the fact that I just plain (spoilers!) failed at the challenge when I threw up. Huzzah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozoCMRj4yM

Challenge 2: Chicken Nuggets.

I was very confident about this, even in the wake of my previous failure. But though I worked out the technical issues from the first video, it was still ultimately (spoilerth!) a failure. I thought I had a pretty good pace going on early, though! And this time you could actually see that part!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU6rONXm1Tk

So yeah. I got to make myself look even more dumb than usual for charity. A fair enough tradeoff, I suppose.

*it seemed slightly less wonderful when it actually came time to perform the challenges.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
facetious on

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Dear god that is so many french fries, facetious.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Good lord.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Yes, my child?

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Sorry is charity hot or.....?

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    People fucking up their own bodies is not a good way to encourage charity.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Charity must have been in an accident or something.

Couldn't eat or something.

edited April 2012
    I'm gonna ride this joke all night long.

Much like I hear, how Charity likes it.

Blake T on
    Some people have fucked up bodies! Let's shove stupid amounts of shit food down my gullet hole!

Oh god why do I feel like shit?

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Chill out man.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    Weaver is just jealous that charity doesn't like him.

The only stripper name I can remember from back when I was fresh out of high school is "Mercedes".

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    burgin for change

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    BRUGIN.jpg

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    BRUGIN.jpg

???

XjgdP.jpg

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    People fucking up their own bodies is not a good way to encourage charity.

Yeah, fuck charity marathons.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think it's more that most people don't really see the point of paying money to see some dudes stuff their faces with food.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    and blood drives!

thenews.jpg
    i don't see the point in paying some dude $1 per mile

i aint even gonna see the race

oh wait the point is charity

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    I think it's more that most people don't really see the point of paying money to see some dudes stuff their faces with food.

paying them to stuff it with other things was working, food seemed like a natural progression

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    more like

harrison burgeron

reposig.jpg
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

yeah, but as I understand it some people did see the point, and did pay money. So complaining about it being pointless now seems kind of weird, the charity already won.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    this is gross and you are gross but people telling you you are wrong for being gross are the dumbest

8406wWN.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I for one love eating for charity.

It is a bold move made by bold people.

Eat on you warrior of worlds.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    "if you give to charity you're a bad person" - awful people

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    BRUGIN.jpg

oh, riotcow

I don't think anyone's saying anyone's bad for giving to a charity at all. But this was a charity auction which means that people are putting up stuff that people would actually want to bid on. That's how charity auctions work. So yeah, it may be for charity but if someone puts up a bag of their feces then that's totally cool and people would bid on that just because it's charity? I was just pointing out this was an auction that was pretty much ignored until right before closing, so I maintain that people generally do not really care about dudes stuffing food in their faces whether charity is involved or not.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    retake burg effect

xmassig2.gif
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    too busy choomin'

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I don't think anyone's saying anyone's bad for giving to a charity at all. But this was a charity auction which means that people are putting up stuff that people would actually want to bid on. That's how charity auctions work. So yeah, it may be for charity but if someone puts up a bag of their feces then that's totally cool and people would bid on that just because it's charity? I was just pointing out this was an auction that was pretty much ignored until right before closing, so I maintain that people generally do not really care about dudes stuffing food in their faces whether charity is involved or not.

Then I guess you are free to suggest or participate in other activities next year?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    now i just want some nuggz

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    What you guys are forgetting is that nobody bidded on these things to see people succeed. People put money up in order to watch them fail and suffer, and enjoying other people's misery has always been an enormous industry.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient burgermaking civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling burgin' to the furthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of meat and cheese. They called it the greatest discovery in human history. The civilizations of the galaxy call it... BURG EFFECT.

xmassig2.gif
    you know, that movie Super Size Me had some real good ideas about eating McDonald's all the time cause it's delicious

i wonder how deliciously it turned out

oh well, off to McDonald's!

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

Baidol wrote: »

Then I guess you are free to suggest or participate in other activities next year?

Absolutely! And they're also free to do another eating contest next year. Again, I'm not saying they're the next internet Hitler for holding an eating contest. I'm just suggesting that it's not a thing people really cared that much about. But feel free to think I'm outraged, or get outraged at my imagined outrage if it helps. Outrage and moral indignation for everyone!

belruelotterav-1.jpg

Absolutely! And they're also free to do another eating contest next year. Again, I'm not saying they're the next internet Hitler for holding an eating contest. I'm just suggesting that it's not a thing people really cared that much about. But feel free to think I'm outraged, or get outraged at my imagined outrage if it helps. Outrage and moral indignation for everyone!

whoa

WHOA

you need to calm down

calm-down.jpg

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    now i just want some nuggz

Would you settle for some Thugs and Lugz?

bonethugs.jpg

Lugz.jpg

BLM - ACAB
    Or how about Suggs?

suggs0118.jpg

BLM - ACAB

calm-down.jpg

cjbna.jpg
    I'm chill broheim

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Would you like to eat some nuggz?

Would you eat them on some rugs?

1-9-08-sf-moroccan-rugs-4.jpg

BLM - ACAB