As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    heal on ads? Hmm how should I know if heal is the spell for me when I AD? I generally sivir or vayne in that role. Is heal for me then?

Heal is for when you want a safe laning phase pretty much, since most of the time you don't even want to be close enough to exhaust someone.

And priest, stealth. They haven't done anything about it yet. Eve is really bad, twitch is situational on people not understanding how easy he is to kill and shaco is permaban status due to being annoying as hell in pubs.

Lol, Wtf? For all the uproar people were having over stealth, and how they promised to fix it, they nerfed it, said they'd have a fix soon, and then never did it? Sounds like the 12 months Tribunal development cycle and the long wait for Dominion.

Whatever, doesn't effect me. Learning to last hit again, oh my word, taking so long. Trist with 95 CS at the end, total noobing it up!

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »
    Oh hey, I tried reading all of the patch notes between August and here, but they were very long, and I got bored reading every champ note.

What was their solution for broken stealth? They did that temp fix where they got like 10 sec stealth or whatnot, I forget. So basically Twitch, Eve, probably not Shaco, but maybe, dunno.

Nothing yet. Eve nerfed into oblivion, Shaco is permabanned, Twitch is there sometimes.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Morello has straight out said that the Stealth Rework was horribly mismanaged on the offical forum.

• Options
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Morello has straight out said that the Stealth Rework was horribly mismanaged on the offical forum.

I get the impression that Riot has always suffered from having exceedingly young developers and programmers. As talented as they are, I think they could use some older gaming management, though F2P Dota is so out there and niche (Though extremely popular nowadays), the really only viable candidates would be from the MMO sector.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I tried reading all of the patch notes between August and here, but they were very long, and I got bored reading every champ note.

What was their solution for broken stealth? They did that temp fix where they got like 10 sec stealth or whatnot, I forget. So basically Twitch, Eve, probably not Shaco, but maybe, dunno.
    Their solution was to nerf Eve into the worst champ in the game and Twitch into the bad tier.

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Its really just Eve that's unplayable. Shaco is good, Twitch is okay-ish.

And yes, stealth remake is only going to be Eve and Twitch. Shaco isn't permastealth. Teemo's stealth will remain untouched, too.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'm getting better at CS. I'm fairly consistent with top CS on my team at the end of games, unless a teammate is a huge farm champ. Unfortunately that's usually only about ~160 cs.

what was the metric again to judge how well you where csing? it was like x cs per 10 min starting at the first minion wave

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    I see Surge Kog'Maw a lot.

Next week free champs;

•Galio
    •Morgana
    •Dr.Mundo
    •Viktor
    •Poppy
    •Skarner
    •Alistar
    •Kogmaw
    •Teemo
    •Heimerdinger

Poppy, Skarner... and a newly buffed Teemo. Prepare for Teemo in every game, gents.

There are two people on earth who don't own him as-is... the buff might make him more-played though.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    Am I a bad person for liking Skarner only for his ability to spear people and drag them unwillingly to a horrible horrible 5v1 death?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm getting better at CS. I'm fairly consistent with top CS on my team at the end of games, unless a teammate is a huge farm champ. Unfortunately that's usually only about ~160 cs.

what was the metric again to judge how well you where csing? it was like x cs per 10 min starting at the first minion wave

I had always heard you wanted to shoot for 15+ CS per minute to be completely successful.

Damnit, forgot you can't delete posts anymore. Sorry for the double post.

Priest on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular

I had always heard you wanted to shoot for 15+ CS per minute to be completely successful.

10 CS / min is pro level.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Infidel wrote: »

Thanks for the clarification.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »

And probably only for bot lane, maybe mid lane; top lane gives up some CS for safety.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    thanks. I'm going to practice some in an academic custom game setting then try to get it to that level in some real games.

Hmm, I guess that statement undersells how much practice it'll probably be.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    does that 10 cs per min stat hold up long after 20 minutes, you think? I can have 150-200 cs at 20 minutes, but only if I'm sitting in mid not doing anything else/winning my lane/having a generally good game - basically, the stars must align, and then once teamfights start I'm too busy tunnel visioning and viciously murdering to keep it up. I don't think I've literally ever broken 300 cs.
    academic custom game setting

something about this phrase/concept makes me grin to myself like an idiot. maybe it's the thought of some guy drawing yordles on a chalkboard

Torgairon on
  • Options
    Just saw my first support lee sin. That was...interesting.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Yes, that 10 cs/minute falls off after the laning phase*. Depending on when laning ends as an AD carry I will tend to have 150-250 CS at the end of the game[though i am not the best at farming]. Sometimes if I am pressured hard I will have less

*but you should still be trying to get as much farm in downtime between fights as you can

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I improved my cs a lot by playing 12 min. custum games. The goal is 10cs/min (100cs at 12), as stated, using only autos. After the first 12 minutes, stats will have grown enough to make it easy.

• Options
    hah I just meant just me and some creeps with no one else to get in the way. Then I'll have to relearn how to do it when people try to shoot me everytime I go in for a creep.

Also, I'll have to get a chalkboard.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Metrics after 20 minutes vary too much, due to circumstances of the game dictating what is the proper thing you should be doing. How much you farm depends on the situation, but is pretty consistent for everyone by skill level up until 20.

By the 10 minute mark, there are only 107 minions in lane, fyi.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    Hooray! Viktor is free this week!! Lazers all day

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Mundo jungle, what do I do? Solomid down, start clothpots into what?

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Mundo jungle, what do I do? Solomid down, start clothpots into what?

9/21/0

MS Quints Armor Yellows Mpen Reds MR Blues

Boots+Pots

WQWQWR

Start wolves->blue or wraiths->red and then try to counter jungle.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    For the last two weeks or so I have gone from about 1:1 W/L ratio to 1:4

wtf has happened to me.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Just managed to recover my 3+ year old account after a rekindled interest in the game! Woooo now to see what I managed to do all those years ago...

I remember playing as Ashe a lot, and trying as Teemo but not doing so well. I know I am rusty enough so I am a newb at this point.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    Frothing with excitement over (possible) Hecarim tomorrow.

Gimme my Marauder Centaur Riot, I already gave you my money.

• Options
    damn. i've gone from having 5-10 more wins than loses to having 22 more loses.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    damn. i've gone from having 5-10 more wins than loses to having 22 more loses.

I've been at wins=losses-20 for about three hundred games now.

• Options
    I'm... +35 wins in normals and +3 wins in ranked. Mwahaha.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    I see Surge Kog'Maw a lot.

Next week free champs;

•Galio
    •Morgana
    •Dr.Mundo
    •Viktor
    •Poppy
    •Skarner
    •Alistar
    •Kogmaw
    •Teemo
    •Heimerdinger

Poppy, Skarner... and a newly buffed Teemo. Prepare for Teemo in every game, gents.

There are two people on earth who don't own him as-is... the buff might make him more-played though.

If the patch actually drops this week.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    350-300 w/l. Get on my level.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular

wtf has happened to me.

I did this when I started practicing mid hard and failing lots. Playing someone not Morg is hard. : (

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Arivia wrote: »

wtf has happened to me.

I did this when I started practicing mid hard and failing lots. Playing someone not Morg is hard. : (

yeah i'm realizing it was because i was trying other characters

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    This question probably won't get a lot of answers due to it's nature, but how is the quality of PA games nowadays?

Formerly, they boiled down to the following:

25%: Nice Guys regardless of skill level.
    40%: Ragers
    10%: Extremely Skilled Players that wouldn't suffer noobs and were thus very not fun to play with.
    25%: Anonymity+Audience= Complete Fuckwad.

• Options
    This question probably won't get a lot of answers due to it's nature, but how is the quality of PA games nowadays?

10%: Extremely Skilled Players that wouldn't suffer noobs and were thus very not fun to play with.

My experience has been 100% positive, but I've only played a few PA games a week.

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular

historically I have worried that I wouldn't fit in and so have been avoiding the PA channel. no longer!

• Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular

I'd say

50% say nothing
    20% ragers, bout 1 every game
    20% nice guys
    10% elitist jerks

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    I've had about 90% good experiences, but I always get nervous when I play with you guys and throw the game.

Like the three times I played with them, Frosteey was super nice and didn't make fun of me for ruining the game.

I carried as Ahri one time in a game with ZeroZeroZero, but other than that I'm notorious for being horrible out of shyness around new people.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Play bot games erryday, do what you want and don't care, cause it's a game...against bots.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
This discussion has been closed.