As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Thunder and [chat]

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hey Than, you need to go see Lockdown.
    What do you mean by "Lockdown?"

I see a couple of possibilities on the Wiki disambiguation page.

Sorry, it's Lock-Out.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    elendil are you coming to this comic book movie thing
    Is that the "watch all the Marvel movies in one day leading up to midnight Avengers" thing?

I seriously thought about it. If it were on a weekend, and I didn't have to take a day off work, I would probably do it.

it is on a weekend- saturday. you could come in friday night, crash, stay up all day saturday drinking and movie-ing, crash, recover sunday during the day, fly out sunday night

just saying brah

would love to have you over for it... the fun starts saturday, may 5th (or the nearest saturday to that day) at 9:30am - we are planning signature cocktails for each film to start, with general boozing inbetween.
    Oh, I thought Chu was talking about this thing. Your guys' thing sounds way cooler, though.

I need to find some section of NYC that has West Coast weather.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    First episode of Girls is on youtube. Time to watch! (edit: this show is probably for adults!) And yes, this is legal. They want to get people into it.

[url][/url]

OnTheLastCastle on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    elendil are you coming to this comic book movie thing
    Is that the "watch all the Marvel movies in one day leading up to midnight Avengers" thing?

I seriously thought about it. If it were on a weekend, and I didn't have to take a day off work, I would probably do it.

it is on a weekend- saturday. you could come in friday night, crash, stay up all day saturday drinking and movie-ing, crash, recover sunday during the day, fly out sunday night

just saying brah

would love to have you over for it... the fun starts saturday, may 5th (or the nearest saturday to that day) at 9:30am - we are planning signature cocktails for each film to start, with general boozing inbetween.
    Oh, I thought Chu was talking about this thing. Your guys' thing sounds way cooler, though.

I need to find some section of NYC that has West Coast weather.

Yeah, considering every movie but the avengers is out on disc already, why spend 50 bucks a head to be a captive audience at a place that sells sodas at 7 bucks a glass, when we could be at home, watching a big screen TV, and getting drunk for far less.

Then We go to the theater and watch the new film.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...

Sorry, it's Lock-Out.
    Really? As a rule, unless they're major players (like Die Hard 4), I tend to avoid PG-13 action films.

It was entertaining, though?

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    First episode of Girls is on youtube. Time to watch! (edit: this show is probably for adults!) And yes, this is legal. They want to get people into it.

[url][/url]
    are any of the girls naked

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I haven't watched it.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I will never listen to any other song for the rest of my life.

BeNarwhal on
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I know, call me maybe is pretty good, right.

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    So, I'm hoping to start planning for a possible appearance at Pax East next year. In the process of getting my passport now and start saving here in a bit. I finally caved after hearing about all of you folks and your classy adventures.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ha, I did some of the engineering analysis for this.
    The world's deepest platform is currently the Perdido in the Gulf of Mexico, floating in 2,438 meters of water.
    Thought its depth had been surpassed by now though. maybe it has and wikipedia hasn't been updated.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Sorry, it's Lock-Out.
    Really? As a rule, unless they're major players (like Die Hard 4), I tend to avoid PG-13 action films.

Guy Pierce has a smattering of lines where he's not being a snarky dick. But you might want to wait for the unrated/director's cut DVD because the violence was clearly trimmed out. But Preacher and I both enjoyed it.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I THREW A WISH IN THE WELL

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I know, call me maybe is pretty good, right.

ಠ_ಠ

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    ronnie is even funny via electronic message

whomp is the greatest comic

919UOwT.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I have been wanting to see The Thing and I would love to see it in theater

I will have new babby though :(

Son, this movie is important. If you cry or poop, I will have to put you in a basket and send you down river.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

just crack the car window a little

it'll be fine

skippy when the babby tries to come out just push it back in

919UOwT.png
    the pg-13ing of entire genres makes me sad

edited April 2012

Sorry, it's Lock-Out.

Guy Pierce has a smattering of lines where he's not being a snarky dick. But you might want to wait for the unrated/director's cut DVD because the violence was clearly trimmed out. But Preacher and I both enjoyed it.
    I will probably wait on that unrated DVD.

Consider it in the queue, though; you guys have good taste in action movies.

Well, maybe "good" isn't the word I'm looking for...

Thanatos on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Damn, but watching Christiane Amanpour tear into someone is good fun.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    tropic Thunder was p awesome

I put together some baby stuff this weekend

like some sort of electronic swing thing, and a portable crib and changing table thing

house is full of this guy's shit and he ain't even moved in yet

Tropic Thunder is fucking amazing.

IM A LEAD FARMER MOTHERFUCKA

919UOwT.png

Sorry, it's Lock-Out.

I will probably wait on that unrated DVD.

Consider it in the queue, though; you guys have good taste in action movies.

Well, maybe "good" isn't the word I'm looking for...

Amazing will do. But it really felt like the spiritual successor to Escape From New York.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »

Oooh, who,what,where,when,why?

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    http://venturebeat.com/2012/04/13/windows-8-tablet-intel/

oh sweet zombie jesus just take my monies. TAKE THEM!

edit: windows 8. Compatable with older windows apps (it's a real grownup OS on a tablet! not something repurposed from a phone!). Available with physical keyboards or not. A hell of a lot of cpu / ram compared to android or ipad tablets. Not tied to some proprietary bullshit for connectivity (usb ports!).

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Gooey wrote: »
    IM A LEAD FARMER MOTHERFUCKA
    What do you mean, "you people?"

What do you mean, "'you people?'"

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular

Hamid Karzai, CNN International. Just now. (It'll rerun in a couple hours.)

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    http://venturebeat.com/2012/04/13/windows-8-tablet-intel/

oh sweet zombie jesus just take my monies. TAKE THEM!

edit: windows 8. Compatable with older windows apps (it's a real grownup OS on a tablet! not something repurposed from a phone!). Available with physical keyboards or not. A hell of a lot of cpu / ram compared to android or ipad tablets. Not tied to some proprietary bullshit for connectivity (usb ports!).

Saw the URL and thought this was about the Venture Bros. and not Windows 8. Disappointment abounds!

I still remember the ass-reaming Amanpour gave Robert Mugabe two years back.

And there's video of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svXCf6W_Kfo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXDaRrUz_lU&feature=relmfu

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Hamid Karzai, CNN International. Just now. (It'll rerun in a couple hours.)

Nice, ty.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    considering they can get away with a lot more in pg-13 than they used to, it doesn't really bother me that a lot of movies are geared toward that now

some of the most entertaining movies of the past 5 years were pg-13, and it's not like great R rated movies are gone.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    @skippydumptruck I think I'm actually gonna try Ryze tonight if we play some lols. He seems really good.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=21424

@skippydumptruck I think I'm actually gonna try Ryze tonight if we play some lols. He seems really good.

he is good

I guess his combos have different rotations depending on if you are trying to maximize damage to one target, or to many?

he is good

I guess his combos have different rotations depending on if you are trying to maximize damage to one target, or to many?

Yeah, he can nuke real hard and his passive making other cooldowns shorten is pretty sweet. His ult is not something I'm used to.

I should probably try some assassins. I like that style of gameplay. It's why I Garen.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

Ryze sucks.

*drops mic*

@surrealitycheck

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD

Ryze sucks.

*drops mic*

@surrealitycheck

This discussion has been closed.