As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

1232425262729»

• Meester ScyllzMeester Scyllz Registered User regular
    I was the one wearing the "Best in the World" / CM Punk shirt. I am glad to say I came out of the evening with both the legendary dogs badge and not vomiting. Truly, the best in the world!

• DruVirusDruVirus Registered User regular
    For anyone on the crawl that I may have met .. thanks for the great time! I was a member of Chikorita Gold and was wearing an AWESOME Bulbasaur hat. I also had blue hair beneath the hat. I was ALSO incredibly friendly and kept giving people hugs .. and was every so often running around like Batman with my trenchcoat on. On that note: If you want to add me on facebook, go ahead and hit up facebook.com/pokemontrainer ;D

Virus ; COLOR="Green"]!Chikorita Gold[/COLOR] -- PAX East PokeCrawl
    COLOR="Blue"]!Ravenclaw[/COLOR] House -- PAX Prime Tri-Wizard Drinking
    PAX Pokemon League Dark Gym Leader
    [Enforcer]
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I was the one wearing the "Best in the World" / CM Punk shirt. I am glad to say I came out of the evening with both the legendary dogs badge and not vomiting. Truly, the best in the world!

Yes! YES! YES!!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    DruVirus wrote: »
    For anyone on the crawl that I may have met .. thanks for the great time! I was a member of Chikorita Gold and was wearing an AWESOME Bulbasaur hat. I also had blue hair beneath the hat. I was ALSO incredibly friendly and kept giving people hugs .. and was every so often running around like Batman with my trenchcoat on. On that note: If you want to add me on facebook, go ahead and hit up facebook.com/pokemontrainer ;D

Done Batman!

Also, my picture was on the last page but I'm the guy in Green Gold with a grey cap and sweater outside the first bar dancing to Apache from the Suger Hill Gang, also with you during the big sing along of Piano Man and some 80's mantras in another bar. I cant remember which one. Also, participated in the dance fighting ala West side story, ...thats about all I can remember. Oh, we also hung out at the Curse party.

Here's my facebook. http://www.facebook.com/Kyuss462
    Anyone I met feel free to add.

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    great times, will definitely be coming along again next year. oh, and can I request that rock paper scissors always be a challenge? that was frickin awesome.

Dont do it! Its a trap! This girl is a pro at RPS...

• RahvnaarRahvnaar Registered User regular
    Hey team blue! Thanks for being awesome and welcoming a couple of first time stragling PAX-Easters.

• RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Just posted my pictures from the crawl. I'm glad I delegated picture taking to my sister since, I would have taken about three photos and then forgotten I had a camera.

https://plus.google.com/photos/114712498790463349639/albums/5730180899737625617

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • CoachRazzixCoachRazzix Registered User new member
    Squirtle Squad member here: Team Blue was amazing as always. Look forward to representing next year. To the Green members that switched, glad we could show you a good time. Hope we entertained everyone and remember ur roots..... no matter what water poke'mon we represent... we are all Squirtles inside.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Randomfool wrote: »
    Just posted my pictures from the crawl. I'm glad I delegated picture taking to my sister since, I would have taken about three photos and then forgotten I had a camera.

Cant see them :(

• The_SavesThe_Saves Magistrate of Crazy Town KirklandRegistered User regular
    Randomfool wrote: »

I am so proud that my mangled face is the first pic I see on your album, lmao! There isn't much in this world that I was blessed with, I'm just glad I am so photogenic.

Ummm...
  • StarlightslkStarlightslk Cambridge, MARegistered User regular
    I had an absolutly amazing time at the Pokecrawl yet again despite getting lost early on then rejoining my proper team 1 bar later! XD I'm already looking forward to next year! \^.^/

btw the Bell in Hand having the dance floor for us was too cool and a ton of fun! I also loved that we ended at the Black Rose...the comfy couches & chars were a fantastic way to chill at the last bar! :D

PAX East PokéCrawl: 2010 Team!Bulbasaur! ~ 2011 Team!Squirtle! ~ 2012 Team!Totodile! ~ 2013 Team!Feraligatr!
    PAX East PokéCrawl Cosplay '10-'13: Cynthia(Pokémon)

PAX East '10 Cosplays: Fri: Cynthia(Pokémon) Sat: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)
    PAX East '11 Cosplays: Fri: Tifa Lockhart(Final Fantasy VII: AC)
    PAX East '12 Cosplays: Fri: Morrigan(Darkstalkers) Sat & Sun: Nord (Skyrim)
    PAX East '13 Cosplays: Fri: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)alt, Fri&Sun: Cammy(Street Fighter), Sat: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)
    PAX East '14 Cosplays: Fri: L.Raptor(Darkstalkers)mb, Sat: Liliana of the Veil(MtG), Sun: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)alt

• SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    I had a BLAST with my fellow Green Silver folks! This was my first year being an assistant for a crawl and you guys made it a really freakin' great night.

Did anyone get any pictures from our team? I was running around all crazy-like and only snapped a few.

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    I had an absolutly amazing time at the Pokecrawl yet again despite getting lost early on then rejoining my proper team 1 bar later! XD I'm already looking forward to next year! \^.^/

btw the Bell in Hand having the dance floor for us was too cool and a ton of fun! I also loved that we ended at the Black Rose...the comfy couches & chars were a fantastic way to chill at the last bar! :D

Glad to hear feedback on the bar selections. If anybody else had an especially good/bad experience somewhere, please let me know. Always helps with the planning for next year ;)

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    arsonisfun wrote: »

Glad to hear feedback on the bar selections. If anybody else had an especially good/bad experience somewhere, please let me know. Always helps with the planning for next year ;)

McFadden's was awesome to us as usual, although it would have been nice if the back had been cleared out right at 7:30 when we got there, but it was clear by 8.

Bell In Hand was good, no complaints. Having that spot in the upstairs was a great idea.

Black Rose did a fantastic job of accommodating us so last minute. I bet if they're on there next year and have more time to prepare, it will be even better.

Four Green Fields was disappointing. They were /really/ understaffed for our size of crowd, and the staff they had was pretty slow (although some of that may have had to do with the fourth challenge >.>)

• gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    McFadden's was awesome to us as usual, although it would have been nice if the back had been cleared out right at 7:30 when we got there, but it was clear by 8.

Bell In Hand was good, no complaints. Having that spot in the upstairs was a great idea.

Black Rose did a fantastic job of accommodating us so last minute. I bet if they're on there next year and have more time to prepare, it will be even better.

Four Green Fields was disappointing. They were /really/ understaffed for our size of crowd, and the staff they had was pretty slow (although some of that may have had to do with the fourth challenge >.>)

This was pretty much how I felt about it too.

-- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • FatherVenomFatherVenom Registered User regular
    McFadden's had a couple barmaids who actually knew something about pokemon. I was shocked.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    McFadden's had a couple barmaids who actually knew something about pokemon. I was shocked.

Yeah, they studied up for 2011 actually, and some of them in 2011 even dressed in costume :P Lower key this year.

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Not a fan of Black Rose and the top shelf only pours or the painfully slow service upstairs. Bell in Hand and McFaddens both rocked it again this year. Four Green Fields was the definition of glacially slow service. At least as far as I know this year nobody got stuck outside because the bars overestimated their capacity or lied about their capacity, so that's a plus!

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Actually red and green silver did get stuck standing outside the black rose for awhile. A number of us went over to kitty o shea's to do that challenge.

HI3789R.png
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Oh! It's like the opposite of last year then, when kitty o'sheas boned us on space and we had to go to the black rose instead.

• RastRast Keene NHRegistered User regular
    Just want to say that I had an AWESOME time on my first PokeCrawl. Definitely doing it again next year (if I can get in again). Hope to see some of you again! Big shout out to all the hip cats on Green Gold. Drink 'em up!

Pax East 2015: Hotel [X] Passes [X] PokeCrawl [ ] Pure Joy [X]
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    I was on Team Blue, I found Black Rose to be less than ideal. Bell in Hand was incredible though.

• bnarobnaro Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Pokecrawl was fantastic! I took pictures, which are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bnaro/sets/72157629462545750/

Also, that band at the end of the night was great (at the Bell in Hand). Such a good night.

bnaro on
  • MalkaraMalkara Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Black Rose seemed fine to me on Blue Gold, though maybe I just got lucky for getting there early and being situated near the bar. Clarkes seemed -way- overcrowded though, and a bit small for the accommodating the two groups.

Malkara on
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Toootally agree about Four Green Fields - the staff was just too slow. We ended up stuck at the bar waiting to pay while the bartender noted it "would be a few minutes" and then made literally 16 other drinks. Would have liked more time to mingle instead.

Overall had a great time though! Can't wait to see Green Silver again and rock it!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    Oh! It's like the opposite of last year then, when kitty o'sheas boned us on space and we had to go to the black rose instead.

Interestingly enough when the bouncer saw Juju and I sending people over to Kitty's there was suddenly more room at the black rose.

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    bnaro wrote: »
    Pokecrawl was fantastic! I took pictures, which are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bnaro/sets/72157629462545750/

Also, that band at the end of the night was great (at the Bell in Hand). Such a good night.

excellent pics!

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »

Interestingly enough when the bouncer saw Juju and I sending people over to Kitty's there was suddenly more room at the black rose.

They saw me leave and then they let the cool kids in. :(

Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • LethinatorLethinator Registered User regular
    Um... so after examining my challenge card and quizzing my friends I discovered I completed all the Legendary Dog challenges. I don't suppose there's any way I could still get a badge/whatever for completing this stuff? I think I was too wasted to care at the time. I have tehnakki to vouch for me if need be, she witnessed my downward spiral.

Lethinator wrote: »
    Um... so after examining my challenge card and quizzing my friends I discovered I completed all the Legendary Dog challenges. I don't suppose there's any way I could still get a badge/whatever for completing this stuff? I think I was too wasted to care at the time. I have tehnakki to vouch for me if need be, she witnessed my downward spiral.

Yeah, on team Yellow Gold we were only given the "drank 'em all" pins. No Legendary Dog pins :(

Ummm...
    The_Saves wrote: »
    Yeah, on team Yellow Gold we were only given the "drank 'em all" pins. No Legendary Dog pins :(

To get pins, you present your finished card to the Professor holding the pins. Getting too drunk to ask for pins disqualifies you from the pin hunt. ;)

I could be wrong, but that's how I was always told it worked.

gfish wrote: »

To get pins, you present your finished card to the Professor holding the pins. Getting too drunk to ask for pins disqualifies you from the pin hunt. ;)

Oh I asked, but the guy said no one on our team was holding the appropriate pins. Trust me, these challenges didn't leave me drunk. Even after adding jager and beer at the end. But the guy passing out the pins sure seemed drunk...

Ummm...
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Lethinator wrote: »

I had the legendary dog pins with me in the bag of pins. A few people came over to claim them but not all that many.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
    Oh I asked, but the guy said no one on our team was holding the appropriate pins.

The guy was mistaken.

Oh I asked, but the guy said no one on our team was holding the appropriate pins.

The guy was mistaken.

Bah! Last time I give up so easily...

Ummm...
  • LethinatorLethinator Registered User regular

Fair enough.

:lol:

• SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    Lol i am so far behind i am bumping a thread that shouldn't be. Blue people with cards email should be fixed you will understand if you have a card

• TheTinManTheTinMan Registered User regular
    I never left my feedback on the bars:

Four Green Fields: way understaffed and slow. It took 20 minutes to get our first drinks.

Bell in Hand: Solid, good spot upstairs

McFadden's: I did not enjoy McFadden's. Crowded, bro-ey crowd. $7.50 for what was really a half shot (I was here for Challenge #3).

Black Rose: Loved it, but we did get there earlier than the other team and upstairs was pretty empty.

• RaticaRatica Registered User regular
    Is registration still open? If so,

I choose you, !Chikorita, and if possible, for two people (partner does not have a PA forum account, and I will be paying for his donation too)

Team Silver ALL THE WAY, YEAH!

• JunahJunah Registered User new member
    edited March 2013
    I choose you Silver Cyndaquil!

If some room opens up of course :D

Junah on