As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Glory and approbation to Diablo 3 Thread (evil is back 05.15.12)

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    less than a month you guuuuuuuys

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    woooo

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i havent been this excited/tortured by a wait since

well ever

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    what about when Blizzard vs. Capcom comes out

BahamutZERO.gif
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i havent been this excited/tortured by a wait since

well ever

For me that'd be a toss up between since Diablo 2 or since Street Fighter 4.

I imagine that when Street Diablo 6 comes out I will literally die of anticipation.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

I'd prefer to see Bioware X Rockstar

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    So my girlfriend and I were looking forward to playing this together

But turns out that her video card on her laptop isn't supported

Crap

Does it run at all, because for a long while I was playing just fine and had to click through a warning message everytime I went to log in about my video card.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

bad opinions all up ins!

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    neville wrote: »

bad jokes all up ins!

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    BYToady wrote: »
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    So my girlfriend and I were looking forward to playing this together

But turns out that her video card on her laptop isn't supported

Crap

Does it run at all, because for a long while I was playing just fine and had to click through a warning message everytime I went to log in about my video card.

We haven't tried yet, but the Mac minimum graphics card requirement is set in stone at an ATI 2600, and her laptop has an ATI X1600

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
    Looks like the beta is ending May 1st, also Beta Patch 17 (with a character wipe) is coming soonish.

neville wrote: »

bad opinions all up ins!
    I know right?

who doesn't want to see Zangief spinning pile drive Ormus

Naphtali wrote: »
    Looks like the beta is ending May 1st, also Beta Patch 17 (with a character wipe) is coming soonish.

oh what

the last 2 weeks are going to be hellish

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    gives you a chance to cleanse yourself

let the semen build up into the old vas diferens

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Huh. Hell, might just knock off a full set of achievements with 17, see how things have changed since I was last in for any real time (pre-runes, played through with the WD once a few patches ago to toy with some of the runes).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    monk banner is up

• FugaFuga Registered User regular
    Never really understood the love for ID scrolls!

Wow.

I love this part:
    Diablo 3 promised the ultimate in skill freedom, with its skill rune system. The potential for themed builds was mind-blowing. I ignored the other problems with the game (RMAH concerns, the visuals being less gritty and more stylised, the simplified stat system) and embraced this idea. Acquiring skills by leveling up is traditional, but finding items that modify the skills dramatically? Brilliant. Utterly brilliant. A little like Sacred 2's system, only with added dimensions.

And then they killed it. Now skill runes are given to you as you level. I don't need to explain the difference between that and the previously promised skill rune system. You've suddenly gone from a world of freedom to a conveyor belt.

Yep, all those potentially mind-blowing themed builds don't exist anymore because you get runes by leveling instead of as random drops. Diablo 3 is ruined! Better spend $1000 on Path of Exile.

Brilliant. 9/10

edited April 2012
    not that I care that somebody made a stupid decision and wanted to blame somebody else for it

but why on earth is path of the exile a $1000 dollars for some crazy membership? are you basically funding their kickstarter or something?

edit: yeah, you're basically financing their game for them. link

Naphtali on
    buyer's remorse is a hell of a drug

Look, its 1000 dollars for the same reason I got the lifetime membership to Hellgate London. Some people are silly geese.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited April 2012
    I love that a 15 year old is a "stalwart" of the series. He wasn't even alive when Lord of Destruction was released.

Also that he had $1000 to drop on anything. Gaming in geneal sits firmly in place, but this is a whole new level of 'first world problems'.

I mean, console wars in general are dumb, but now we're having 'title within the same genre' wars? Man, I hope when I was in my teens I wasn't this needy and demanding of validation.

Edit: reading comprehension and math; both things I have failed at this morning.

Forar on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    The people going insane over the differences between D2 and D3 are hilarious. Same type of hilarious as the psychopaths that went batshit about the changes from D1 to D2.

It's like if Blizzard didn't release D2.5: The Upgraded Horror they ruined it for people who were not alive or in diapers when D2 was released.

edited April 2012
    just to clarify he's a '15 year stalwart' not a literal 15 year old

Beasteh on
    yeah the guy isn't 15 I don't think, and LoD came out 11 years ago

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Apparently the graphics not looking like ass is a bad thing?

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    Ah, that would explain the disposable income.

And furthermore, this is what I get for trying to math before coffee. Time to rectify this oversight.

you guys the game is so close I can taste it

tastes like... burning

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    just to clarify he's a '15 year stalwart' not a literal 15 year old

The fact that someone calls themselves a 15 year stalwart is just as bad. D2 was great, but it was not the epitome of gaming that all other games are mere shadows on a cave wall of the one true Diablo 2. There were flaws and some of the mechanics were almost a punishment for the other enjoyable parts to even out Blizzard's karma.

Also if you've played the beta it's very fun. Different or not, if it's fun it's fun.

Hunter wrote: »
    The people going insane over the differences between D2 and D3 are hilarious. Same type of hilarious as the psychopaths that went batshit about the changes from D1 to D2.

It's like if Blizzard didn't release D2.5: The Upgraded Horror they ruined it for people who were not alive or in diapers when D2 was released.

Diablo 2 promised the ultimate in build freedom, with its skill system. The potential for themed builds was mind-blowing. I ignored the other problems with the game (outdoor areas, pastelle colored graphics, gems, paladin's run animation from behind is ridiculous) and embraced this idea. Acquiring spells by finding books is traditional, but leveling up to modify your skills dramatically? Brilliant. Utterly brilliant. A little like AD&D's system, only with added dimensions.

And then they killed it. Now skill trees are gated to previous skills in the tree as you level. I don't need to explain the difference between that and the previously promised skill tree system. You've suddenly gone from a world of freedom to a conveyor belt.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    No, D2 promised that you'd get to focus your character around one or two abilities and spend 40 levels worth of points just synergizing that. Diablo 3 does it so much better. Having now played D3 beta, I can't even go back and play D2 again.

If you've still got a boner for playing Diablo 1 you may want to consider upgrading your computer to something to good to run it.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I only remember walking around with one spell, having to save up all my skillpoints and wait until level X and Y to dump points into the spells I'm going to actually use!
    And it was pretty awesome not being allowed to put attributes into energy as a sorceress.

Fuga on
    Glory and approbation to Reading Comprehension Misfires Thread

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm hardcore. I only play the original warcraft because the later games watered down the gameplay for you casual babies.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I feel like the sarcastic replies to the wall of text guy kind of mirror his flaws and that bums me out. I understand it's tempting to "get him good" though, I guess

4SMZq.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    I'm hardcore. I only play the original warcraft because the later games watered down the gameplay for you casual babies.

Some fan you are, true Blizzard loyalists only play Rock N' Roll Racing

I only play the original Rogue on my amber monochrome screen.

Battletag BYToady#1454
This discussion has been closed.