As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] End of PAX hotel reviews

124»

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    godmode wrote: »
    A note on the Westin, I was seeing a lot of people talking about being double-charged. That seems like a big con to me...

yeah, it looks like the gift shop specifically has double charged a number of people. got to remember to have the bf check his statement.

I've heard this as well, specifically about the gift shop. It's funny because I didn't even know they /had/ a gift shop.

i didn't either at first, but traveling with a 9 yr old means you learn quickly that the hotel has both a pool and a gift shop that sells bathing suits and you have NO EXCUSE not to go swimming.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    Was at the westin, it is worth it to be right next to PAX. Plenty of food at the waterfront. Arrived from South Station and it was walkable. Dunkin Donuts right in between. Only thing that sucked about the rooms were the bathroom faucets, low water pressure, if i had to wash something i was using the shower.

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
  • Options
    LavadmLavadm Registered User regular
    Stayed at the Hilton Back Bay at it was very nice. 1st time to boston, so i'm not sure of the standards but everything was fantastic.

5/5

• Options
    BloodyMaryBloodyMary Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I dunno if "close to a Dunkin' Donuts" counts as a plus. We walked by at least two on our way to the BCEC (and later learned that South Station has one as well) from the Courtyard Tremont, and then there's one that is easily within walking distance of the BCEC itself.

This year I came away with the notion that Boston is run by a donuts cartel.

Psh, you must not spend enough time in New England. I believe there are three in my hometown, which is a lot considering we're only average-sized, and two are in walking distance from each other. It's pretty ridiculous.

• Options
    hjm978hjm978 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I stayed at the Westin last year. It was perfect.

Pros:
    Clean rooms
    Great staff
    Decent food around the area

Cons:
    Fire incident around 2:00 pm on Sunday.
    Pool had no heating ( I know this is a minor gripe, but oh well.)
    Noisey (I expected that one)

Bummer I can't go in 2013. I'd like to go to Prime, but I'd have to wait for it not to occur over labor day. I'm still in school, and I live in PA.

hjm978 on
This discussion has been closed.