As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Is it possible that he's had a head injury or something that no one knows about? That does sound bizarre.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Nah.

Dudes can go crazy due to women.

I have a friend who has recently ostracized his entire family due to his fiancé.

And he's moving to a different country!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I am also pro dude hats but I feel many people do no accessorise them correctly.

This is my lucky climbing hat. (ignore half naked man in the background)
    528488_10150686283858382_503943381_9463563_922603935_n.jpg?dl=1

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Yeah, honestly if anything it's just a midlife crisis-type deal

Or yeah, maybe it is the influence of his new girlfriend

He actually contacted me asking to skype tomorrow, so I guess I'll see... I don't particularly want to right now, but I'd also feel bad if I didn't try

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah it's probably just a mix.

Having fun with no responsibility and whatnot.

Your aunt (thanks for saying aren't autocorrect) and how nasty she is to your mother is strange though.

Blake T on
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Well, I know one of my uncles' wife (on my mom's side) doesn't get along at all with my mom and her younger sister. It all goes back to drama from their hard-partying days in the 70s, apparently. Sometimes in-laws just don't like each other. But encouraging her brother's extramarital affairs is not at all cool.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Well, I know one of my uncles' wife (on my mom's side) doesn't get along at all with my mom and her younger sister. It all goes back to drama from their hard-partying days in the 70s, apparently. Sometimes in-laws just don't like each other. But encouraging her brother's extramarital affairs is not at all cool.

yeah, that part is just unforgivable

admitting it is an indicator that she's got some ISSUES

it's like "hell yeah I fucked with my nieces and nephews' lives, even though they're family"

I just can't process how people can do that to family; maybe she thought she was doing right by her brother, but surely she could've known that her nieces and nephews (ALSO FAMILY, BY BLOOD if the distinction needs to be made) were going to pay the price

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    relationships via marriage are so weird

my grand-dad hated my dad until my dad helped my mum's brother through some stuff, but he still didn't LIKE my dad

he didn't treat my dad like family until I was born

weird

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    Oh hey @Sassori is that family member

That gets accused of smirking whenever I smile?

I didn't know there was one of us in every family. The photographer never asked me to do anything differently and actually said I was good.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    relationships via marriage are so weird

my grand-dad hated my dad until my dad helped my mum's brother through some stuff, but he still didn't LIKE my dad

he didn't treat my dad like family until I was born

weird

my sister had to take a lot of shit for living together as an unmarried couple(rather than paying for 2 apartments in LA the choice is obvious). as soon as they got engaged it was like that never happened

• Options
    I found out that my mother was actually quite bitchy when my sister announced after Christmas that she was moving to Vermont with her husband. (They currently live in Maryland.)

My brother-in-law got a great promotion at his job that apparently was really competitive and will be making enough money that my sister is considering going back to school for her MA. My mother threw a fit that her daughter was moving away instead of being happy that my sister and her husband had such a great opportunity.

My sister also announced that her husband would be getting a vasectomy later that month and my mother pitched a fit. She already has 4 grandchildren from my oldest sister and it's not like my middle sister has ever given an indication that she would ever want to have kids of her own.

She was super rude to my brother-in-law about it. I was really pissed when I found out. Wish I had been there to call her out on her childish behavior.

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    birchbox redeemed itself this month, folks

huge tarte lip tint crayon (!), merula oil sample (which I've never used, but sounds intriguing), yu-be moisturizer sample, taylor swift perfume (which smells pretty much exactly like you would imagine), and a body microderm mitt

yessss

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Awesome! Birchbox does sound interesting, I love samples (if not only because I rarely get to use a full-size product before it's time to throw it out)

@Sassori, I'd have been pissed, too! One of the great things about my own mother is that's she's been very supportive of whatever we've chosen to do (or not do!)

Also I spoke to my dad today, and he was totally normal! He was asking me how I was, and talking about renting a car when he comes to visit... absolutely normal. Gaah

And yeah, unfortunately my aunt has always been that way. You have to be rather careful around her. One of my uncles has four kids by three different women, and they're all lovely women (as is his current wife), and every time he'd break up with one my aunt and grandmother would immediately start shit-talking about them. I'd always feel so bad for my uncle's exes, especially as nearly every break-up was really my uncle's fault. My dad and his brothers all have serious commitment issues, it's crazy!

• Options
    they have those sample boxes available here, too, and I'm definitely interested

but with my sensitive skin I'm really scared that they'll send me a bunch of stuff I can't use because it contains stuff that will either break me out or cause a rash

sigh

• Options
    Fashion thread.

Tell me why I shouldn't buy this bag.

Cause I think it's pretty.

http://db.tt/GiNyB36g

This is a link cause the picture is gigantic.

• Options
    That is a pretty gorgeous bag!

Although I do have to say that it does look very bulky and therefore heavy. I can't see it being very practical for that reason on a day to day basis!

• Options
    It's three point two kilos, so not a lot.

But it's not light, that is for sure.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    On the other hand, my birchbox was so pathetic I cancelled. One nailpolish in a bleh color (I don't paint my nails) two perfumes (I don't wear scents) and some nightcream? It was so sad. Wish I got wam's box

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    That's the bag I wanted! It's so pretty!

e: Oh wait. I wanted one of the smaller variations of it. Same manufacturer!

I think this is the one.

I'm not a fan of leather at all, so I will very probably never buy or own it, but I love the way it looks.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    birchbox redeemed itself this month, folks

huge tarte lip tint crayon (!), merula oil sample (which I've never used, but sounds intriguing), yu-be moisturizer sample, taylor swift perfume (which smells pretty much exactly like you would imagine), and a body microderm mitt

yessss

Oooh, you hit the jackpot! Though I've heard more bad than good about birchbox, unfortunately

I do adore Tarte's lip crayons, yesterday I picked up a rosy one called Enchanted (and also splurged on some YSL lip stain, omigod I love it)

• Options
    Janson wrote: »

Haha

I love this

"Daring: The Queen occasionally opts for floral patterns as she did during her visit to the Gulf region, left, and outside Downing Street, centre"

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

Such nice hats! I rather like her in yellow - its so cheerful!

• Options
    Yes! She looks lovely in yellow. Red is far too severe on her, I think.

And apologies for another daily mail link (ugh), I try to avoid ever using that site, but I have to say, they provide the best photos!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Mmm red is far too harsh, you're right. Plus she is very fair, it can wash you out quite a lot!

edit:

20061027111038_RFnew_Queen_galleryxviii.jpg
    "sup guys? just chillin, you know, just chillin".

Liiya on
  • Options
    Liiya wrote: »
    Mmm red is far too harsh, you're right. Plus she is very fair, it can wash you out quite a lot!

edit:

20061027111038_RFnew_Queen_galleryxviii.jpg
    "sup guys? just chillin, you know, just chillin".

So beautiful.

• Options
    I am going to buy so much Tarte stuff when I am in the US, oh man.

• Options
    I bought stuff!

Bag for Work. It has so much SPACE so I can put a jumper in (it gets cold at work) and my apron which is really good.
    P4160001.jpg
    P4160002.jpg

Bag for Holiday. This is good because I can have my arms free and you can un-pop the press-studs to make more room for water and suncream if you like.
    P4160003.jpg
    P4160011.jpg

Holiday Hat. No pics of wearing that hat as I look all rubbish at the moment with cold.
    P4160017.jpg

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    That's a lovely hand-hat you're wearing there Liiya, it really brings out the... gold in your wristwatch!

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    That was the main reason I bought it.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    carpet could use a bit of a hoover but that wall is very clean

• Options
    It could, actually. I'm sorry if it has offended you, FAQ!

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    So is the first bag suede? I ask only because I am incapable of recognising what materials things are made out of

I can look at a house and be all... brick? Marble? Cat hair? Can't tell.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    That hat looks neat! I picture it going fabulous with a yellow flowery summer dress, just sipping tea out in the sun

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    I like the bags, Liiya! I love the pink accents on the first bag, pink and chocolate go so well together. And I can totally picture you wearing the hat.

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »
    I bought stuff!
    P4160017.jpg

I'm really frustrated that I can't come up with a good pun for this photo.

• Options
    Give me a second, I'll come up with one.

• Options
    It is canvas with leather at the base, Ed. Which is good because there is so much water and leaves and stuff at work it needs to be something that easily wipes off!

Thanks Janson! I look like an explorer in it.

• Options
    Give me a second, I'll come up with one.

This discussion has been closed.