As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Yeah I would be down for playing either of you or both let me know what point level you want to play and ill load a list up ahead of time to save time. Im available pretty much whenever at this point as besides getting ready to move to Toronto Im not doing much at the moment.

steam_sig.png
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Otaku's bit monstrosity is awesome. You guys all shutup.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    SJ wrote: »
    Also yeah wolf scouts with a powerfist, duh. Also I'm assuming your terminators have cyclones, so hope he rolls ones for his armor saves I guess?
    If he's bringing outflanking scouts, might as well toss in a melta and combi melta, too.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Drop pod melta dread?

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Svenska wrote: »
    Drop pod melta dread?

Generally drop podding your vehicles into your opponents meltaguns is a bad idea.

• SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Hmmmmm, good point

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Double post for currently army idea for Raptors space marines
    HQ (240pts)
    Raptors Chapter Master = 140 points - Chapter Master (140pts)
    Dude from the IA Badab book, gives stealth instead of combat tactics, if I'm not allowed to use him, might just have:

Captain with Relic Blade and Combi-Melta 140 points

Librarian (100pts)
    Bolt Pistol, Null Zone, Power Armour, The Avenger

Elites (650 pts)

Sternguard Veteran Squad (325pts)
    Drop Pod
    Space Marine Sergeant Combi-Melta, Lightning Claw
    Veteran Combi-Melta X4
    Veterans Bolt guns x5

Drop Pod
    Veteran Combi-Melta X4
    Veterans Bolt guns x5

Troops (695pts)

Scout Squad (200pts)
    Sergeant Telion
    9x Scout
    Missile Launcher, 8x Sniper Rifle

Tactical Squad (205pts)
    Meltagun, Multi-Melta, Rhino, 9x Space Marine
    Space Marine Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon

Tactical Squad (285pts)
    Meltagun, Plasma Cannon, 9x Space Marine
    Razorback
    Lascannon and Twin-Linked Plasma Gun
    Space Marine Sergeant

Fast Attack (200pts)

Land Speeder Squadron (100pts)
    Multi-Melta, Typhoon Missile Launcher

Heavy Support (300pts)

Thunderfire Cannon (100pts)

Venerable Dreadnought (Heavy) (175pts)
    Multi-Melta
    Drop Pod

Probably horrible. 2k points.

Changed my list, now at 2085 out of 2000 points. Help me prune it and make it better.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »
    Otaku's bit monstrosity is awesome. You guys all shutup.

<3

And the guy actually doesn't have claws. Bad picture, I'll try again once I actually painted. It's a Terminator body with ork arms/head. Looted Termie armor!

makosig.jpg
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    HQ (240pts)
    Dude from the IA Badab book, gives stealth instead of combat tactics, if I'm not allowed to use him, might just have:

Librarian (100pts)

Elites (650 pts)

Drop Pod
    Veteran Combi-Melta X4
    Veterans Bolt guns x5

Drop Pod
    Veteran Combi-Melta X4
    Veterans Bolt guns x5

Troops (695pts)

Scout Squad (200pts)
    Sergeant Telion
    9x Scout

Tactical Squad (205pts)
    Space Marine Sergeant

Tactical Squad (285pts)
    Razorback
    Space Marine Sergeant

Fast Attack (200pts)

Heavy Support (300pts)

Multi-Melta
    Drop Pod

Changed my list, now at 2085 out of 2000 points. Help me prune it and make it better.

So obvious questions, where are Issodon and the Libby going to hang out?

Multimeltas on the Typhoons is an odd choice as Typhoons gives them range.

How much are you actually benefitting from Issodon's stealth as everyone is Transports?

I feel that 2 small Sternguard Squads in pods is a whole mess of easily surrendered kill points.

Instead of going for a useless captain if you can't use issodon, find the extra points and take Kantor instead as you already have Sternguard, you might as well make them scoring.

As for the rest, well, I don't play 2k games so I can't really comment. Ironclads are better to drop pod in in my experience as they have better armour and can take normal melta guns anyway.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Issodon and the Libby are going to be one with each of the sternguard squads.

I'm just trying speeders now, so I figured I'd give them some options when it comes to dealing with stuff. If the situation demanded it I could have them jet up and MM something.

Originally I didn't have anyone in transports! I've been gradually messing with it over the course of the night talking with SJ, and before I knew it I was meched.

The sternguard squads are big >.> and the reason I had the captain there was just so that I could switch them out without messing up the points.

Well said on the Ironclad.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Anyone got any good glue/epoxy recommendations? During my last game my jetpack chaplin and company champion hit the floor and broke apart and my brother tells me the glue we currently have doesnt work anymore so I need to pick up some more anyway.

newSig.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    What kind of glue are you looking for? metal to plastic? plastic? metal only?

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Something general purpose. My chaplin is all metal, but my champion is kit-bashed from both metal/plastic.

Of course, everything else is pure plastic.

newSig.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I use these
    Picture26.jpg
    the bottles have changed since I took the pic

cyanoacrylate super glue does decay

Did you pin your champ? I have found some green stuff holding pins in and some bonds tends to work better than just glue and slightly better than pinning glue

Brainleech on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Yeah I would be down for playing either of you or both let me know what point level you want to play and ill load a list up ahead of time to save time. Im available pretty much whenever at this point as besides getting ready to move to Toronto Im not doing much at the moment.

So you're moving to Toronto to come play 40k with us? :P

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Loctite makes good general-purpose stuff.

• DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sharp101 wrote: »

tom_haverford_2039.jpg

One of us, one of us

DocSamson on
  • karlthepagankarlthepagan Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I also pin almost everything and then glue it with galeforce nine superglue.

• mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Anyone got any good glue/epoxy recommendations? During my last game my jetpack chaplin and company champion hit the floor and broke apart and my brother tells me the glue we currently have doesnt work anymore so I need to pick up some more anyway.

Dis is all you need. Anything else is heresy.

http://www.bsi-inc.com/Pages/hobby/ca.html

E26cO.jpg
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So these space wolves that accompanied a BoLS article are so far, the only space wolves I've ever seen that actually look like true badass space vikings. Normally I think space wolves look silly.
    http://bloodofkittens.com/rantineminor/

Rant+in+E+Minor+Space+Wolves+Images+Pro+Painted03.jpg
    Rant+in+E+Minor+Space+Wolves+Images+Pro+Painted06.jpg
    Rant+in+E+Minor+Space+Wolves+Images+Pro+Painted05.jpg

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Those pauldrons are ridiculous on the power armored guys in the second image and that lightning claw guy looks like a gorilla that's been strategically shaved and put in armor

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Matrias and Altmann have my favorite SW armies

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So I was going over the final player list for my Tournament that's happening at the end of the month and I'm really happy with the diversity.

With 16 players, these are the armies that should be coming:
    5 Marine (1 BA, 1 SW 3 C:SM)
    2 Guard
    3 Chaos
    2 Tyranids
    2 Orks
    1 Necron
    1 Eldar

Not bad!

Sharp101 on
  • Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    I'm fine with fliers in 40k. But if they're going to do it, every single army needs two things:

A flier of their own.
    A hard counter to fliers.

None of this piece-mail 20 years between updates shit if you're going to add new mechanics. Everyone gets a flier, and everyone gets something like a Hydra. If they're not going to do that...yeah, leave it in Epic.

I always love how people want to play Flyers against my Tyranids. Which have ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to take down a Flier. Flyer-Players claim that Heavy Venom Cannons can, but obviously, they don't know the rules for HVCannons and love the idea that it takes a [ 6 ] to hit a dang flier!

...And nobody takes HVCannons!

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    We already have the valkyrie, stormraven, and DE flyers

Just treat them as skimmers instead of those awful flyer rules

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    mugginns wrote: »

I bought something from Hobbytown that looks just like that, down to the packaging and everything, but it has Hobbytown's name on it. I hope it's just a rebranded product.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg

I bought something from Hobbytown that looks just like that, down to the packaging and everything, but it has Hobbytown's name on it. I hope it's just a rebranded product.
    It is, they let stores do dat.

E26cO.jpg
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    loctite gel superglue.

It's fucking great.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    HQ (240pts)

Librarian (100pts)

Elites (650 pts)

Drop Pod
    Veteran Combi-Melta X4
    Veterans Bolt guns x5

Drop Pod
    Veteran Combi-Melta X4
    Veterans Bolt guns x5

Troops (695pts)

Scout Squad (200pts)
    Sergeant Telion
    9x Scout

Tactical Squad (205pts)
    Space Marine Sergeant

Tactical Squad (285pts)
    Razorback
    Space Marine Sergeant

Fast Attack (200pts)

Heavy Support (300pts)

Multi-Melta
    Drop Pod

I'd drop the Venerable down to a regular dread with a multimelta. The upgrade really isn't worth it. (Side note - unless the chapter master has some special rules, this guy should be Elites, not Heavy Support.) Otherwise, an Ironclad is still a better choice than a Venerable. Give him a meltagun and a heavy flamer and go to town.

The Land Speeders are kind of oddly armed - realistically, anything you're going to fire the multimelta at, you're not going to fire the Typhoon in frag missile mode at too, and if you move (and you will be moving, static speeders are dead speeders) you can only fire one. Pick one main weapon and stick with it - either MM/HF, TML/HF, or TML/HB loadouts are probably best. Note for 10 points more, you could change those two speeders to three MM/HF speeders. Looking at the list though, TML speeders are probably best, as you are somewhat lacking in the long-range firepower department.

In this specific list, I don't like the Razorback. I know you need some firepower, but you also need troops moving forward to claim objectives, and you have a unit of scouts to hold backfield objectives. I'd probably drop it to another Rhino instead, so you have two Rhinos that can move forward together. Similarly, I'd probably change their plasma cannon to another multimelta or a missile launcher. A single plasma cannon just isn't going to worry anyone, and any firepower from the rest of the squad would probably be wasted. Also I think that squad's points are off in the list.

If you use (or are allowed to use) the chapter master, drop Telion. Giving the squad Stealth is his biggest draw; the additional high BS shot is ok but not really worth 50-odd points if you're getting stealth from elsewhere.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

It is, they let stores do dat.

Cool. I was hoping I got the right stuff.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Weapons that wound based on Leadership: Majority Ld for the unit, or highest Ld in the unit like everything else that uses Ld? Thoughts?

I dunno if this is covered in any FAQs... I'm at work atm and can't look

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I'd say maybe assign who the rolls are against and then do it but that's probably not how it works

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Sharp101 wrote: »

Hahaha yeah something like that. The girlfriend got an internship out there so we are just in the process of looking for a place, and me finding a job. Definitely going to head down and check things out at meeplemart as soon as I get a chance.

steam_sig.png
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I'd say maybe assign who the rolls are against and then do it but that's probably not how it works

No, because the allocations are done after the wounds are rolled for (by the owner of the squad), so you wouldn't know at that point.

It's either going to be majority Ld (like normal shooting against T), or modified Ld (Space Marines are 8, but the Sarge makes them 9, so it will wound against 9)

You Torontobros should make a field trip over to Michigan to play here in May.

@Nax my first instinct is go against majority leadership in that case.

E26cO.jpg
    @muggins Mine also, but I am away from my books, so I can't check for sure :/ I will have to check when I get home before deciding if I am going to use that particular weapon tomorrow

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Nax wrote: »
    Weapons that wound based on Leadership: Majority Ld for the unit, or highest Ld in the unit like everything else that uses Ld? Thoughts?

I dunno if this is covered in any FAQs... I'm at work atm and can't look

Majority leadership, you're just subbing Ld for T

Models with higher Ld in the unit only let the unit use that Ld for making tests

SJ on
  • Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Remember those EA C&C tanks that were a bit too much like 40K ones that were doing the rounds a few days ago? I was bored and sent one of the links into GW, and I just got a reply. A joint press release (which I think a few sites have been sent but hadn't seen it posted here);
    'Games Workshop and EA are aware of the IP issues around the artwork in question, which have now been resolved. The artwork was internal EA concept art that was unintentionally released publicly. No Warhammer 40,000 tanks have ever made an appearance in Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances, and never will. Games Workshop and EA continue to have a strong relationship working together on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and the new free to play game Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes which just entered open beta.'

Khade97 on
  • PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    Khade97 wrote: »
    Remember those EA C&C tanks that were a bit too much like 40K ones that were doing the rounds a few days ago? I was bored and sent one of the links into GW, and I just got a reply. A joint press release (which I think a few sites have been sent but hadn't seen it posted here);
    'Games Workshop and EA are aware of the IP issues around the artwork in question, which have now been resolved. The artwork was internal EA concept art that was unintentionally released publicly. No Warhammer 40,000 tanks have ever made an appearance in Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances, and never will. Games Workshop and EA continue to have a strong relationship working together on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and the new free to play game Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes which just entered open beta.'

I wonder if they would be quite so jovial about the whole thing if they didn't have a working relationship with them. It's hardly concept art if someone just draws a picture of their warhams.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Honestly, that's not concept art. That's something an art director signed off on.

This discussion has been closed.