As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dishonored: Reviews are in, it's good! Completion hours equivalent to penis length.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    OK

I need this now

A preview of what lies beyond that link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKn58eqlx4

dis01s1.jpg

dis10s.jpg

dis07s.jpg

TychoCelchuuu on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Gamespot calling it steampunk is a little silly.

But it is steampunk.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    ...what is happening in that third screenshot?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    ...what is happening in that third screenshot?

She is steaming a punk.

OK I'll just post a few more because why not

Czt0N.jpg

3MPqi.jpg

Jq0n3.jpg

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Dat art direction

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »
    Dat art direction

"I chose something different, I chose the impossible. I chose... City 17!"

forumsig.png
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Will there be swimming?

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Rats are actually dangerous? now they just gotta make killer toilets and non-exploding red barrels.

In case you miss it, I'm fucking stoked.

I used to have nightmares constantly where the toilet in the hallway bathroom would come out and eat me. I'm not even making this shit up, it terrified me forfuckingever and I was scared to poop as a child.

edit: oh, and on-topic, this game continues to look amazing

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Rats are actually dangerous? now they just gotta make killer toilets and non-exploding red barrels.

I used to have nightmares constantly where the toilet in the hallway bathroom would come out and eat me. I'm not even making this shit up, it terrified me forfuckingever and I was scared to poop as a child.

True story: As a child, I was 100% convinced that the chorus to Bad Moon Rising

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE

was "Beware the bathroom on the right," and my imagination took me to more or less the same imagery. So I guess we're malicious toilet buddies.

My stepmom and dad and I all thought those lyrics were "there's a bathroom on the right" so we're also lyric-mishearing buddies too.

JtgVX0H.png
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    God damnit. I never had a problem with those lyrics til you wrote that.. now it's all I can hear hahaha.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • SkexisSkexis Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7o8KuJKizs -??

Personally, never played the Thief games, so I can't say how much I'll immediately like this game, but I do love me some multiple ways to complete objectives. Summoning a rat swarm is kind of a bonus.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    This looks so amazing. They have really stepped it up since the original screens (which were also great).

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    august on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    this thread title is sort of screwing up the forum front page.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Displays fine for me..

forumsig.png
    Let's talk about the kickass trailer instead. I love how little it actually shows the main character after the part in the jail.

• Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    Let's talk about the kickass trailer instead. I love how little it actually shows the main character after the part in the jail.

That trailer kicked my eyes into my ass. I'm ready for a gothic noir steampunk revenge tale. O, how I am ready.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I couldn't care less about this game when I thought it was some sort of modern hybrid magic game.

But... steampunk hybrid magic game? Holy shit that looks good.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I actually wanted a modern hybrid magic game.

But I'll take this too.

Dragkonias on
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    STILTCOPS WITH NAPALM COMPOUND BOWS

FUUUUUUUUUUCK

I hope the actual game is as good as they've been making it seem with good PR.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I like how there was no drawn out interaction with the mark after the dude reached him.

Killing me won't solve anythingFUCK YOUR MONOLOGUE YEEEEEAH THROAT WINDOW

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING FUCK YEAH IT DOES SIGN ME UP FOR DAT SHIT AWWWWWWWWWWW JEA SON

JtgVX0H.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I want this game two years ago so I can be wanting its sequel

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
  • jimbo034jimbo034 Registered User regular
    I like when he possesses the guard on the balcony and drops down on the other one for the kill.

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I think I need a cigarette after that trailer.

God I love interesting new IPs.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    The voice-over for the thing/person/whatever that gives him the power is a little jarring since it sounds less 'actor' and more 'developer recording as place-holder', if that makes sense.

But everything else is pure 100% Colombian nose candy. Consider me very interested.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Holy shit, that trailer! This needs to be out right the fuck now.

• korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Cautiously optimistic, even though it seemingly combines two games I don't really like all that much (Bioshock and Assassin's Creed). I enjoyed both Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah from Arkane, but Bethsoft/Zenimax-published games that aren't TES or Fallout tend to not have the best track records.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    Cautiously optimistic, even though it seemingly combines two games I don't really like all that much (Bioshock and Assassin's Creed).

I was going to ask "What are you?" but then it entered my mind like a bolt of lightning - a LoL player.

Are you the magic man?
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    Cautiously optimistic, even though it seemingly combines two games I don't really like all that much (Bioshock and Assassin's Creed).

I was going to ask "What are you?" but then it entered my mind like a bolt of lightning - a LoL player.

I really hate MOBAs, so no, I am not in fact a LoL player.

Girlfriend is telling me it sounds to her more like it's maybe Thief or Deus Ex-ish, which I could maybe get behind more.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Frei wrote: »

I really hate MOBAs, so no, I am not in fact a LoL player.

Girlfriend is telling me it sounds to her more like it's maybe Thief or Deus Ex-ish, which I could maybe get behind more.

Yeah, I was joking. I meant WoW player? (just kidding) (seriously)

And yeah, it looks a lot more like a Thief type game, I can see people thinking Bioshock but it doesn't look anything like AC.

Anyway, the art direction and the gameplay they've described are both very good. If they deliver and don't mess it up somehow, this will end up really great. I hope it does, since there's very rarely any new, good IPs nowadays.

Are you the magic man?
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Don't see much impressive about the trailer. It's all CG, so we still have no idea what the actual game is like.

Plus, the hand thing looks the Shouts from Skyrim, except on a hand.

Not saying it can't be a good game and the setting doesn't have promise, but I'll be impressed when there's a video that's actually showing something worthwhile.

• DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    I'll be treating this game as the sequel Arcanum never had.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Game needs more kicking dudes into spikes/pits/campfires.

Otherwise, I'm in.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am really enthused for this game. It's taking elements of just about everything I love from elsewhere, like the steampunk aethestic, a developer that made a great game that I loved (sadly marred by terrible bugs - let's hope this doesn't happen with this game), first person parkour (I assume?) and banana's magic. All wrapped up around assassinating people without the bullshit that AC puts you through. When he just cut that dudes throat and got out of there, without having to listen to some inane monologue about how much that guy hates puppies and trees I was on board right then.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Don't see much impressive about the trailer. It's all CG, so we still have no idea what the actual game is like.

Plus, the hand thing looks the Shouts from Skyrim, except on a hand.

Not saying it can't be a good game and the setting doesn't have promise, but I'll be impressed when there's a video that's actually showing something worthwhile.

Yeah I'd like to see some actual gameplay. In my old age I've become kind of jaded about pre-rendered stuff. More often than not that kind of thing is outsourced to another company these days (although I don't think this one was). Anything can look good in a set piece.

However, I do love the art direction. It's what caught my eye a few months ago. I hope it's good. Nothing like playing a fun and pretty game.