As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forum display bugs in newest version of Opera

Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No PantsParts UnknownRegistered User regular
The format, spacing, and some images are not loading properly in the newest version of Opera. Forum is still usable but its not pretty. Even the banner ads appear to have vanished.

Psychotic One on

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Seems fine to me (Opera 11.60 / Windows 7)

Sure it's not a cache / slow network issue for you?

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Works fine for me too.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Problem appears to have self corrected itself since last night. Now I'm not certain what happened. Just can't see some of the buttons but I really don't care about that so *shrug*

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    It happens to me about one out of every thousand times I load the site. Gets all scrunched up in the middle with green lines everywhere. Really annoying but it always fixes itself.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Thats pretty much what I see too. But more frequent than 1 in a 1000. Its nothing but those green lines everywhere.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    screens.jpg

screens-1.jpg

This is what it looks like when this error occurs as it's happening again. Seems to be Opera specific.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Oh man, now it's doing it to me too. Latest Opera build.

forumissue.jpg

• Options
    Still getting the display bugs randomly when visiting the forums. Sometimes going to another site and then coming back might fix it. But now when the spacing and such is back to normal I am still missing out on the spoiler tag buttons.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    I just had this issue for the first time, quite a weird one.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I suddenly have this issue as well. Didn't even update Opera between last night and now.

• Options
    Problem appears to still randomly manifest with the newest version of Opera that was just released.

If any of the mods or vanilla peeps need data on it. Just tell me what info you need and I'll copy and paste what ever data you need to track it down from Opera settings.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Is the forum supposed to look like this in IE9?

Ilk8B.png

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    yotesyotes Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I've found that I can't reply anymore in Opera. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edit, preview, save draft doesn't work either.

Suddenly, it works again, what the shit.

yotes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I'm replying in Opera right now.

• Options
    yotes wrote: »
    I've found that I can't reply anymore in Opera. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edit, preview, save draft doesn't work either.

Suddenly, it works again, what the shit.

The problems seem to come and go. They don't happen all the time but they will randomly occur if you are loading a fresh loading of the forums. If you get them to load perfectly and don't close the tab for the forums it will run perfectly fine. If you close the tab or navigate away from the forum then come back it may not load the format properly and the display or posting bugs seem to appear.