As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Giant Bomb: Ryan Davis is a pretty classy guy.

• Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    I can confirm that r/poop exists

• Vaguely LightningproofVaguely Lightningproof Registered User regular
    Reddit is pretty much a plague pit of privilege, misogyny, and paedophilia under the guise of free speech.

I mean the folk-punk subreddit and various other tiny ones can be good but taken as a whole fuck that site.

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »

I am sorely tempted to make a Whomp subreddit.

• FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Do it, I'll post there

sig2.jpg
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    i have no strong feelings one way or the other!

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    ?size=m
    ?size=l

To demonstrate how far into the Giant Bomb rabbit hole I've fallen - I knew most of the Atari 2600 questions from memory because of the Game Room quick looks alone.

sig2.jpg
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Ah geez, I made the mistake of watching the Ocarina of Time Quick Look. If ever there were an example of Brad "Bradding" a QL...

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ships! Ships would have been better

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Ah geez, I made the mistake of watching the Ocarina of Time Quick Look. If ever there were an example of Brad "Bradding" a QL...

i remember people freaking out about it, and i went and watched it. he played about as good as i did when i was 8.
    then again i don't know if he ever played that game before.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Whats all this about T-shirt cupons? I have the normal $5 a month and I don't recall ever getting one

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    If you buy a $50 years subscription you get a free shirt.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png

He totally knocks a fairy out of a pot not even 10 seconds after talking about fairies, and doesn't even touch it. Even if he didn't have an empty bottle (he should have at least one from dropping the fish) he could have just run into it to heal himself. That was insanely frustrating to me.

sig2.jpg
    Also he wastes all of his slingshot ammo by rapid firing it and then when he has to fight an octoroc later it takes him like a full minute or more to actually lock on and use the boomerang.

Jabu Jabu is the only level in the new OoT game I've played, and I had no problem with it despite not having touched the game in a decade. I like Brad but jeez dude this is not a difficult dungeon.

sig2.jpg
    edited April 2012
    agoaj wrote: »
    If you buy a $50 years subscription you get a free shirt.

Actually you just get a $15 off coupon. Most of the shirts cost $20.

If you pay with Paypal you automatically get the Whiskey Media 2012 Subscriber shirt

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote: »

To demonstrate how far into the Giant Bomb rabbit hole I've fallen - I knew most of the Atari 2600 questions from memory because of the Game Room quick looks alone.

And of course I knew every mega man question

Some easy shit

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

if only there were a crate or something to use...

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    To be fair, those crates looked too tiny to be picked up to me, so I was confused at first as well. The thing I would have done he didn't was attempt to pick them up before leaving the room.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    VINNYCAST

J3qcnBP.png
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Oh wow, holy shit. Jeff and Ryan look exactly like they'd look if they made a parody of the way people looked in the late 90s and early aughts in that video. It's beautiful.

sig.gif
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Vinny's stories of deathwatch are spot-fucking-on.

Man... babies are stupid.

The fact that mammals are the only animals who demonstrably feel love has 100% to do with how stupid and easy to kill our babies are.

sig.gif
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    The Bombcast makes Fez sound really interesting and crazy.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Because it IS really interesting and crazy.

I'm making my fiance listen to how dumb babies are to put that off another year or so. I don't think we're ready for dumbness. We already have dogs, and even though they're smart, they're also really dumb! Stop running into the door when you hear food in your bowl, Mal!

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »

This is great. Game show quick looks are the best.
    friend of mine has this game and I love it to bits

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Just look how much fun this tween actor is having with all his Dragon Balls. JUST LOOK AT HIM.

Get it

because balls

CYpGAPn.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    good lord that video is amazing

xmassig2.gif
    His name is Alex Navarro, that's why he's called Alex Navarro.

sig.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    fkHBW.gif

xmassig2.gif
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Man, that DBZ for Kinect video. It must have costed four dollars to produce.

It has more lens flares than DeviantArt

fkHBW.gif

Jesus, I'd already blocked that out of my memory by the end of the video.

It's incredible

HugmasterGeneral on
    become a super cyan

xmassig2.gif
    edited April 2012
    That kid could not possibly look more bored. Which is at least good for them with depicting how their actual customers are gonna look playing this. You'd think they'd at least put him there in a ripped shirt and put on a pissed kamehameha face or whatever.

And hire a narrator that knows how to pronounce saiyan.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
    Well, i'm gonna be contrary and say 'cyan' is a better pronunciation than 'sayin' anyway.

And I think that's the regular dub narrator, but I don't watch funimation dubs because they're all crap.

I'm not even a professional marketing designer but the baseline for a DBZ Kinect game trailer is to have the kid actually turn Super Saiyan. I mean fuck, that's even the tagline they went for. How do you not have it in your video?

sig.gif
    SimBen wrote: »
    I'm not even a professional marketing designer but the baseline for a DBZ Kinect game trailer is to have the kid actually turn Super Saiyan. I mean fuck, that's even the tagline they went for. How do you not have it in your video?

well the video budget was like $50 and come on man, the Quiznos was right across the street

xmassig2.gif
    What they should have done was had an actual dang martial artist, even a kid one. There are huge kung fu schools for kids in China. Get one of them.

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    What they should have done was had an actual dang martial artist, even a kid one. There are huge kung fu schools for kids in China. Get one of them.

But that would require actual effort.

Just have a shot of that kid standing there with no shirt and suddenly bleached hair. Bleach is cheap!

I'm pretty sure that's the least they're legally obligated to do. We could probably sue the makers of this trailer.

sig.gif
    really the dbz fanbase and the kinect userbase intersect so nicely this thing will sell a billion copies

I know I'm buying it

I have to

xmassig2.gif
This discussion has been closed.