As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Giant Bomb: Ryan Davis is a pretty classy guy.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    What they should have done was had an actual dang martial artist, even a kid one. There are huge kung fu schools for kids in China. Get one of them.

And then rfilyaw was the racists.

sig.gif
    really the dbz fanbase and the kinect userbase intersect so nicely this thing will sell a billion copies

I know I'm buying it

I have to

The saddest part is that you're right.

No wait that's not the saddest part.

The saddest part is that this intersection isn't kids, it's guys in their 20s.

sig.gif
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    If I had a kinect, I'd probably get it. It would be good exercise. It might not be as terrible as the commercial

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Well the kinect is a terrible piece of hardware in general. It makes sense that most of the hardware that supports it is equally terrible

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    well my favorite dbz games were the ones on the wii

xmassig2.gif
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    fkHBW.gif

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Well the kinect is a terrible piece of hardware in general. It makes sense that most of the hardware that supports it is equally terrible
    Nooooope.

The Kinect is pretty dang awesome and a lot of developers are doing really cool things with it now that they have worked a fair share of the kinks out.

CYpGAPn.png
    Well it looks hells better than Kinect Star Wars, that's for sure.

I mean at least the fighting in DBZ is fists-based. You don't feel like you should be holding a stick or something.

And hopefully there's no dancing minigame in this one.

sig.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

I mean at least the fighting in DBZ is fists-based. You don't feel like you should be holding a stick or something.

speak for yourself

if I don't get to do the fusion dance, preorder cancelled

xmassig2.gif
    the best thing about that gif is the two different expressions the kid has

they took two different stills of him why did they do that

xmassig2.gif
    Steel Battalion looks like the only Kinect game I'd ever possibly want to play, honestly.

And part of why it looks awesome is that it's clearly a game where they wanted to make it a game before they wanted to stick some stupid Kinect features in.

sig.gif
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    That's the thing I always envisioned from Kinect, but I haven't seen any games that actually do it (whether or not they exist, I've not seen them)

And that is actually punching your opponent in front of you as you face the kinect. Some of them actually have you turned to the side, which is awful.

No way, now it totally needs a dancing minigame because you said that.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    the best thing about that gif is the two different expressions the kid has

they took two different stills of him why did they do that

Well there's two stills of Freezer so

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    it's madness

madness of the purest form

xmassig2.gif
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Steel Battalion looks like the only Kinect game I'd ever possibly want to play, honestly.

And part of why it looks awesome is that it's clearly a game where they wanted to make it a game before they wanted to stick some stupid Kinect features in.

Man that gigantic control panel is the best Steel Battalion is going to get, mark my words.

The kinect has done a really bad job at convincing people to prefer motion controls in lieu of conventional controllers.

the best thing about the kinect is voice commands

if only I could tell it to start something without that thing being on the screen

xmassig2.gif

speak for yourself

if I don't get to do the fusion dance, preorder cancelled

Okay you just reversed my opinion on this. I want it now.

sig.gif
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    I think that adding a dancing minigame to any kinect game can only approve it.

• RepoxRepox Registered User regular
    That game has an amazing training effect: one day of playing adds an additional one year of virginity to your life.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well, i'm gonna be contrary and say 'cyan' is a better pronunciation than 'sayin' anyway.

And I think that's the regular dub narrator, but I don't watch funimation dubs because they're all crap.

Their One Piece dub is fucking fantastic. Completely redeems the 4Kids garbage.

LockedOnTarget on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Repox wrote: »
    That game has an amazing training effect: one day of playing adds an additional one year of virginity to your life.

Oh man, Vinny's going to play this on the quicklook and his baby's going to go back into the womb. He'll have to start all over again!

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I dunno the idea of a DBZ Kinect game seems more apropos to Kinect's abilities than most other things

Now, do you have to grunt and scream to power up?

Moriveth wrote: »
    I dunno the idea of a DBZ Kinect game seems more apropos to Kinect's abilities than most other things

Now, do you have to grunt and scream to power up?

I would be offended if you didn't

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Also, do you have to do it for 20-40 minute periods?

Do you get to make your own hackneyed speeches?

You need to charge up your spirit bomb for a full week in order to defeat Freeza.

sig.gif
    edited April 2012
    well except Goku didn't defeat Freeza

NERDDDD

(i know you weren't saying he did. just... just wanted to say something dumb.)

HugmasterGeneral on
    But Goku did defeat him.

I mean yeah he was technically alive but I'd say the state he was left in counts as "defeated".

I guess since we're talking about DBZ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M

edited April 2012
    But Goku did defeat him.

I mean yeah he was technically alive but I'd say the state he was left in counts as "defeated".

I would argue that, since Freeza's dad came and picked him up and put prosthetics all over him, he was still as alive as ever until he came to start trouble on Earth and Trunks killed him.

But it's semantics. Let's just say he was defeated twice

HugmasterGeneral on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I love that the boxart for that DBZ game is Goku and co. in the living room, presumably about to play their own game.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    That DBZ Kinect games looks like Mocap Boxing in the arcade.

If they did a Kinect DBZ fighting game right, I would play the shit out of it. Kamahamahing all over the place

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I really can't think of a better thing to have as my morning alarm than Galo Sengen.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I wonder if you'll just have to do the motion or if you'll also have to shout the name of he attack

Just go all in, I say

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    cha-la head-cha-la

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    If I had a kinect, I'd probably get it. It would be good exercise. It might not be as terrible as the commercial

You're right it won't be

it's gonna be much much worse

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I wonder if you'll just have to do the motion or if you'll also have to shout the name of he attack

Just go all in, I say

oh yes, if I'm not shouting and fusion dancing and naming my moves as I use them this game is a failure

I want it to be stupid as hell

xmassig2.gif
    Some of the DBZ games for the Wii were actually pretty fun. You got to do the motions for the moves and stuff.

they were the best

using motions to do moves was really intuitive

and I fucking HATE wii games

that said, this will probably not be like that

xmassig2.gif
    I want to get a Wii, and I probably will, but the only games I want are ones without motion control. To clarify, it's not that I have anything against motion controls, but I have yet to see a game I'd want to use them in except for maybe Resident Evil 4 as a light gun, and even then, I think I'd rather play it with a classic.

Patrick sings the praises of Skyward Sword's motion controls, but I can't imagine it being that fun if the enemies are all "Oh, look where my hand is. I'm taking my time so you can swipe your controller in the right direction."

This discussion has been closed.