As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    stfuad wrote: »
    A month after BF3 was released on PC it was 50% off through Origin... So anyone who bought it when it came out got shafted...
    I don't personally consider $30 "shafted," by any means. $60 is still a great value for me, considering how much I enjoy the product and how many hours I'll spend playing it.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well, I figured out why the Raffica just fucks people in the butts now.

It does do 25 damage. At 900 RPM. At less recoil than the semi-autos. And it has a semi-auto mode. And the largest magazine of any handgun.

fuck

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    What do the rest of you guys roll with as your tank secondary these days? I used to equip canister shot all the time but it seems like it go nerfed pretty hard in the patch.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Canisters were not changed in the patch. Still the secondary of choice.

u4OkoEI.png
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    Yeah, canisters are great for killing mans, since standard shells always seem to be just far enough to damage but not kill (unless a tank shoots at me.)

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I use the HMG as my secondary.

So, what's this Ammo Box hack I've seen a couple times now, where some loser gets on a server and then kills the entire opposing team with his Ammo Box ?

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I use the HMG as my secondary.

So, what's this Ammo Box hack I've seen a couple times now, where some loser gets on a server and then kills the entire opposing team with his Ammo Box ?

Just a standard hack, nothing involving the ammo box. They think it's funny to use a non-weapon.

u4OkoEI.png
    Oh sweet merciful Thor

Birgirpall's sound effects in his new video have me in stitches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqvgttQVt4s

u4OkoEI.png
  • onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    I usually run guided shell for tank. Always run with two RL friends, and if we decide to run tank we always have a third seat.

Sniping helicopters / cocky jets is just too awesome.

• MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    Thanks dudes for hopping on with me last night. Had some good games. I'm starting to get the hang of this game, finally. Really enjoying the AEK, and the F2000. A lot. Still hate really good helicopter pilots, and not having a Jav/Soflam.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    was running across the bridge on Gulf of Oman, and a jeep was barreling towards me. three shots later, the driver and gunner both got to watch me take their jeep.

i love the sks so much <3

Thanks dudes for hopping on with me last night. Had some good games. I'm starting to get the hang of this game, finally. Really enjoying the AEK, and the F2000. A lot. Still hate really good helicopter pilots, and not having a Jav/Soflam.

Hey Mercy, if you ever want to see weapon statistics and shit to see what weapons are going to behave in what ways and why, go to this site.

u4OkoEI.png
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    It's pretty awesome how much stuff DICE tried to fix but just didn't. The server I was on last night was just so bad. Everyone was mav boosting on the building above A on Karkand and people rockin the MASS.

Busted out the MAV to do some roadkills and was able to MVP the round with it. It's even easier to run people over with the mav now seeing as how ammo boxes never disappear.

Scat, remember when I shot the pilot out of that little bird, and then you proceeded to rack up a ridiculous number of kills with it?

That was awesome.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I was having a "getting angry at videogames" kind of night last night. I am going to pull Metro Rush out of the rotation. Tempted to just go back to straight CQ. TDM is fucking boring and stupid. And I think I may add a server message that says "No MASS Dart or main spawn camping if you don't hold all flags". Booted a dicklick chopper pilot for doing just that.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    I was having a "getting angry at videogames" kind of night last night. I am going to pull Metro Rush out of the rotation. Tempted to just go back to straight CQ. TDM is fucking boring and stupid. And I think I may add a server message that says "No MASS Dart or main spawn camping if you jdon't hold all flags". Booted a dicklick chopper pilot for doing just that.

I told everyone what would happen if they started doing the mass dart. 46 and 8 later everyone agrees to stop.

I like the tdm map we have. I dont know if I like the rush though. Maybe we should ask the regs what they want.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I just report everyone who MASS/Darts me with a heavy barrel.

Also, Birgirpall is bad for time management.

Dont put anything about the mass glitch in the message. That will probably just have more people doing it then. Id try to kill it by not talking about it unless it becomes a problem.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Replace Rush Metro with Rush Damavand.

Maybe add Bazaar instead of Conquest Metro.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I was having a "getting angry at videogames" kind of night last night. I am going to pull Metro Rush out of the rotation. Tempted to just go back to straight CQ. TDM is fucking boring and stupid. And I think I may add a server message that says "No MASS Dart or main spawn camping if you jdon't hold all flags". Booted a dicklick chopper pilot for doing just that.

I told everyone what would happen if they started doing the mass dart. 46 and 8 later everyone agrees to stop.

I like the tdm map we have. I dont know if I like the rush though. Maybe we should ask the regs what they want.

I made a pure CQ list for tonight. No firestorm or any of the CQA maps. Included everything else.

Also made Muffin and Gradient Admins for most glorious abuse of power.

And yeah, i'd like to know at least one other TDM map that isn't shit to add. I think maybe CQ with a hint of TDM would be ok. Mixing in 2 rush maps at random just sets me up for major annoyances.

Metro CQ is also not the first map in rotation anymore. I want a map to fuck around on with Helos and Jets if the server is empty, so I set Caspian as the starter map.

• Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Apparently having a silencer equipped stops your mortar from appearing on the map when firing.
    This game has the best weapon attachment coding.

QUICKLY SOMEONE SEE IF HAVING A LASER SIGHT EQUIPPED CAUSES SUPER ACCURACY FOR VEHICLE MACHINE GUNS.

Spanish Inquisition on
    AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    But who uses mortars and suppressors anymore? And on the Support. That's silly. Its all sorts of silly! Everything is silly.

• Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This likely means that the attachment code is so stupidly, hilariously bad that there should be new things popping up if it isn't overhauled, so expect more DART situations!

Someone should be fired for being a bad at his job.

Spanish Inquisition on
    AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Laser sight + RPG/SMAW = laser guided rpg?

Who knows.

The Dart bug is hilariously bad...Until you get destroyed with it. And than it becomes enraging. Note to all 360 dudebros. No MASS Dart unless we discuss it and are fucking around on an empty server. Otherwise I will team switch you repeatedly until you get pissy and leave.

• heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    C4ing out of a jeep is one of the most fun days of bf3...

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular

I made a pure CQ list for tonight. No firestorm or any of the CQA maps. Included everything else.

And yeah, i'd like to know at least one other TDM map that isn't shit to add. I think maybe CQ with a hint of TDM would be ok. Mixing in 2 rush maps at random just sets me up for major annoyances.

I'm back! Haha.

Sorry about leaving you guys last night. My internet took a dump on me and I was too lazy to fix it and just watched playoff hockey. You know, I live in Minnesota, so it sort of comes with the territory.

Hoping to be on tonight for the slaughter of pixel people.

steam_sig.png
    Awe shit. More of you northerners. You and Mink and his whole crew of dirty almost canadians.

CALL TO ARMS.

Seriously, PC Bros, ASSEMBLE.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    The Dart bug is hilariously bad...Until you get destroyed with it. And than it becomes enraging. Note to all 360 dudebros. No MASS Dart unless we discuss it and are fucking around on an empty server. Otherwise I will team switch you repeatedly until you get pissy and leave.

Is that the bug where it does damage based on the gun it is equipped with?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    Yep. Put it on a G3A3 with heavy barrel and enjoy one shotting people from anywhere.

• Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    Yep. Put it on a G3A3 with heavy barrel and enjoy one shotting people from anywhere.

Well guess who is getting back online tonight. I would assume it works on PC as well? If so, then HAHAHAHAHAHA.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Haha no wonder, the first gun I tried the MASS bug was actually the G3. It felt extremely broken.

Oh sweet merciful Thor

Birgirpall's sound effects in his new video have me in stitches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqvgttQVt4s
    360 SUICIDE

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Calling all 360 players, add me so I can shoot people with you and you can tell me how to be less bad! I'm F4ll0ut Wolfoid (that's a zero in fallout) on XBL. Downloading so many updates...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    MERCY YOU SHOULD GET ON JUST SAYIN'

u4OkoEI.png

Firestorm is a decent tdm. Probably keep from making any more admins though so it doesnt become a big cluster bang.

Custom special add me. WonderMink

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Idle more, Mumblers.