As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Show/Hide Tags in Wordpress

EncEnc A Fool with CompassionPronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey gang, quick wordpress question.

I have a page that I want to add show/hide options like we have here on the PA forums:
You know, these sorts of things

But the only thing I have been able to track down are More tags which hide the entire page below it. Is there an html tag/coding of some kind to build his sort of thing or am I out of luck?

Difficulty: has to be non-plugin related. Site I'm working on is a free site and I do not have the ability to upgrade it for the party who owns it.

Enc on

• Options
    wmelonwmelon Registered User regular
    Short of rolling your own functions in functions.php or using a plugin, I think you're pretty much out of luck. Such a thing doesn't really exist in the default wordpress codebase.

When you say you're not able to upgrade it, Do you mean it's running on an older version of wordpress? For most hosts you should be able to install plugins directly through the admin without having any kind of file access.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's one of the Wordpress.com free blogs and they won't shell out money to unlock the editor, plugins, or anything else.

I've found an alternative work around for now, this thread can be closed.