As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Breath of [Phalla] III - Final Day - Teepo's World (Cultist Victory)

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I asked what would happen to the rest of us if Obi were voted out and got a CD. I assumed not so great things. We might have gone back to neutral or died was my guess, since having the genes win on their own makes no sense and we were powerless without Obi.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: Β»
    Funny, I thought farangu was my mafia buddy for a while because of his terrible lazy mafia style posts.

Will read conclusions later tonight! Thanks for hosting Akimbo

Of course
    - Mafia quite underpowered. Not capable of taking out specials fast enough, they always had forewarning.
    - Village siding with SKs/cultists was a terrible move from their part. 1) wasn't needed 2) see, now you lost.

We didn't know they were cultists

edited April 2012
    Gaslight wrote: Β»
    Akimbo, don't be down on yourself. It was a fun and interesting phalla. Yes, some things didn't work out quite right and I can understand why some people were a little annoyed at the position they ended up in, but I have only been playing phalla since February and I have been in much worse. It was a tricky thing to balance and pull off. I definitely don't think anybody really saw it coming, and the "Oh shit" moment last night is something people in this game will have fun remembering.

(Although I'm still a little surprised that apparently nobody but me got even a little suspicious after that bit of lore somebody dug up in the first couple days about Teepo ultimately being a villain in the game. Was I the only one who read that post? Gotta go back and try to find it now. Then every night, Teepo is just goin' to town forming dragons, and I as a SK who really doesn't give a shit am just sitting there thinking to myself, "Hmmm...")

Oh, didn't see this post before:
    name wrote:
    i believe gaslight thought they thought he was a normal vig

but they were all too aware

I told Anialos straight up I was a SK, and offered to vig for the network, or I would try to solicit an offer from the mafia. I figured the always slim chances of me actually being able to kill everybody would obviously drop to none if I got voted out that day, and killing more people was better than...not killing more people. Besides, there was always the possibility of some crazy endgame scenario I could come out of. And like I said before, I was waiting for a chance to turn on the network and go out with a bang, but I waited too long...didn't realize we were so close to what the network thought would be the end of the game, and of course I, like everyone else, didn't see the cult reveal coming.

I don't know if you've been reading spoit's and mine reactions, but we were suspicious, and knew obi was lying about some things.

Langly on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Langly wrote: Β»

Well you knew they were a separate faction that was hiding some things.

A lot more than we were ever informed or could possibly guess.

Alegis on
    Alegis wrote: Β»

Well you knew they were a separate faction that was hiding some things.

A lot more than we were ever informed or could possibly guess.

No, we didn't know that. Based on them being village aligned. The only thing we ever thought was that they might need to kill ryu, but still win with the village.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    That was my assumption as well, which is why I stuck to the Alegis vote.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Haha, this game was awesome fun. Being mafia and strategizing (flailing about in a panic, in my case) was also fun. I had the mafia boards and this thread auto-refreshing every like thirty seconds for the days I was alive. Sadly, I got offed. But it worked out in the end, since I had to go to New Orleans to do computer nerd stuff for a leadership conference, so it let me not worry about meeting a post count.

Akimbo, thanks for running this phalla. I will most definitely be playing more in the future thanks to this positive experience. Now if only I could get better at analyzing people....

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Akimbo, thanks for running this phalla. I will most definitely be playing more in the future thanks to this positive experience. Now if only I could get better at analyzing people....

Just remember: always trust kime

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    kime wrote: Β»

Duly noted. Should I get you to proofread my role PM in the future, and we can brainstorm strategies for me?

Duly noted. Should I get you to proofread my role PM in the future, and we can brainstorm strategies for me?

It's the best way to be sure of victory, really

Steam profile
    That seems to be the way to go, then. I do SO like winning, after all

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I don't know if you've been reading spoit's and mine reactions, but we were suspicious, and knew obi was lying about some things.

No, I haven't read everyone's post-game comments in their entirety. I thought from what you had said your suspicions were based mostly on weird seer results and such, but yeah, haven't read everything, so I probably missed it. I was wondering if anyone started to get a bad feeling as soon as the Teepo source material got brought up.

Gaslight on
  • DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm sorry to everyone for going inactive and hurting the village so much. I really should have withdrawn on Saturday when I knew my activity was going to be questionable.

@smoove
    Sooooooooooo Grudged. When Kime died I started to wonder if I had made a horrible mistake.
    I'm just lucky no one takes me seriously anyway :P

DumpShock on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Could someone unlock the network boards?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Could someone unlock the network boards?

You need @Langly

Steam profile
    I'm glad I didn't do well/poorly enough to earn grudge votes. Yessss

they are unlocked

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    If hosts gave up because of issues with their first games, we'd never have any repeat hosts and be stuck with an endless stream of bad games from inexperienced hosts! :P

It seems like the main issue was unfortunate wording/clarifications, obviously some people were confused about what all was going on.

I will rib Akimbo for the "SK FACTION" thing though. :lol: Nothing wrong with it as it is, but that name, it... just no. :D

OrokosPA.png
    Yeah, we we're really just Cultists.

Steam profile
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Speaking as one of the two actual SKs in the game, I too must object to the characterization of this result as a "SK faction victory." ;)

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: Β»
    Speaking as one of the two actual SKs in the game, I too must object to the characterization of this result as a "SK faction victory." ;)

Quiet gaslight, the thread title says we won!
    :p

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    The "network" (tee hee hee) proboards: http://helpmybreathisonfire.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

The Teepo proboards: http://broodinginfire.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

For those not in the know: Teepo and Co. (the group I was part of as of Day 2), were actually a Cultist group (SK faction with conversions). Not village. I appreciate everyone letting us lead, though :P

Nevermind, I think I got it.

Mafia Boards

Quoting to make it easy for people to get to them :P

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Finally had a chance to look through the mafia boards, was really fun to see the chain of thoughts running through your heads on day 7.

steam_sig.png
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    I changed the title! Gosh! I'd never really heard the term cult before, hence my mistake!

The reason it still... kiiiiinda makes sense as an SK victory is that genes aren't people, so the idea is that Teepo is the only living person remaining...?

<.<

edited April 2012
    I changed the title! Gosh! I'd never really heard the term cult before, hence my mistake!

Hahaha, we're just teasing you :P.

I just hope everyone learned their lesson that telling me everything leads to a victory, so they should keep doing it!

Alo, it was fun seeing the mafia freak out as to how protected I surely was haha.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    The reason it still... kiiiiinda makes sense as an SK victory is you genes aren't people, so the idea is that Teepo is the only living person remaining...?

<.<

You genes? What do you mean you genes?
    Eugene-Levy.jpg

XBL : Figment3 Β· SteamID : Figment
    I have no idea why I put 'you' in there. The specist in me, no doubt.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

You didn't. Heh

XBL : Figment3 Β· SteamID : Figment
    Figgy wrote: Β»

You didn't. Heh
    Well, that made me laugh

Steam profile
    You guys are great. I'm glad I checked out this subforum when I did. Much fine times to be had here. When's the next phalla/mini start?
    I'm gonna hatevote Kime for approximately one time. Because of the stress you caused me.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well, Day 1 voting kime is a time-honored tradition around here.

I won't be doing that, though. Grudge voting someone for them playing well is petty.

I will, however, be voting for Dumpshock.

Which is a different kind of petty.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Figgy wrote: Β»

You didn't. Heh

haha, well played

Baidol wrote: Β»

I won't be doing that, though. Grudge voting someone for them playing well is petty.

I grudge him not for how he played (though he did well).
    I grudge for him making me stressed the hell out for like three days.

"Shitshitshitshit is he gonna find us? Find more of us? Nooooo"

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Retaba

Waaaay too helpful...

Baidol wrote: Β»

I grudge him not for how he played (though he did well).
    I grudge for him making me stressed the hell out for like three days.

"Shitshitshitshit is he gonna find us? Find more of us? Nooooo"

Tee hee hee. Fear my all-seeing vision!

Steam profile
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Yep, we mafia types were not privy to the whole "competing factions" thing. So to us...it kind of looked like one giant network for awhile there. And we were less than stoked about it.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    @DumpShock

You bit me day 1...I lied to you for several days. Sounds even to me

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, people did pick up that kime was not village, right?

He reveals as "village" without proving his ability at all, seemingly to preempt others from proving theirs first
    He does NOT prove his ability
    He dies purple

Anyways I'm guessing that if the village had voted out teepo (hahaha) the cultist faction would have been eliminated? Only way victory would be possible on the day langly thought it was impossible.

Maybe host clarifications were overly misleading, but as someone who was just looking at the players act kime was being kime at his worst :P
    Except half that stuff was after "the clarification" and him doing a successful seer test. Given that he would have almost assuredly taken the seer with him, and how the only special that was talking to the network was dumpshock, who was....unreliable, I'm not sure that the network/villagers really would have had enough power to actually do anything to the mafia.

EDIT: he also provided information that only brood would know, and well, "the clarification"

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    @DumpShock

You bit me day 1...I lied to you for several days. Sounds even to me

ROFL fair enough