As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Custom Spacial, my tag is on my sig.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Firestorm is a decent tdm. Probably keep from making any more admins though so it doesnt become a big cluster bang.

Custom special add me. WonderMink

I'll add caspian and firestorm tdm to the list. Be nice to get some dudebros on tonight to jumpstart the dome. Don't think I can handle anymore of those stupid 200-300% ticket servers. Wish there was a way to just find official DICE servers for when theres just a few of us.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    I was having a "getting angry at videogames" kind of night last night. I am going to pull Metro Rush out of the rotation. Tempted to just go back to straight CQ. TDM is fucking boring and stupid. And I think I may add a server message that says "No MASS Dart or main spawn camping if you jdon't hold all flags". Booted a dicklick chopper pilot for doing just that.

I told everyone what would happen if they started doing the mass dart. 46 and 8 later everyone agrees to stop.

I like the tdm map we have. I dont know if I like the rush though. Maybe we should ask the regs what they want.

I made a pure CQ list for tonight. No firestorm or any of the CQA maps. Included everything else.

Also made Muffin and Gradient Admins for most glorious abuse of power.

And yeah, i'd like to know at least one other TDM map that isn't shit to add. I think maybe CQ with a hint of TDM would be ok. Mixing in 2 rush maps at random just sets me up for major annoyances.

Firestorm is a decent tdm. Probably keep from making any more admins though so it doesnt become a big cluster bang.

Added you.
    What's the server info for the 360? Or is it just the same server as in the OP? Can you play 360/PC on the same server?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    PC and 360 on the same server. Now that's a laugh.

u4OkoEI.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    CALL TO ARMS.

Seriously, PC Bros, ASSEMBLE.

Teehee, you said ass.
    Well, I figured out why the Raffica just fucks people in the butts now.

It does do 25 damage. At 900 RPM. At less recoil than the semi-autos. And it has a semi-auto mode. And the largest magazine of any handgun.

fuck
    So I take it this is the new gun I need to whore then? That'll be a nice change of pace from my overused G18 Silenced. No one should ever have over a 1000 kills with that gun like I do. I feel kinda dirty every time I look at my top guns because of it. :(

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Archsorcerer added you.

Yeah yeah, so unbalanced, PC so good. At least if it wasn't competitive it would be a cool feature that way bros could play together across both. I know, almost nobody does it.
    Just thought I'd ask, you never know.

So what's the 360 server info then? Gots to add it to my favorites.

• MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I think it's more a fact of that you are much more effective with mouse and keyboard than with a controller. It's not really an issue if the player base is separated but I guarantee you that there would be 360-only servers up within minutes if they introduced cross-platform play. It just wouldn't be any fun to play together and the cost wouldn't be worth it for EA.

But why the holy hell no console maker so far have support for keyboard and mouse is beyond me. The PS3 supports them just fine but no game does.

Movitz on
    Movitz wrote: »

But why the holy hell no console maker so far have support for keyboard and mouse is beyond me.

Yeah, I don't get this either. It's almost as if they're afraid of making easy money.

wWuzwvJ.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »

But why the holy hell no console maker so far have support for keyboard and mouse is beyond me.

Yeah, I don't get this either. It's almost as if they're afraid of making easy money.

I could see that they would want everyone to play on equal conditions maybe. If they don't include mice in the console bundle it would give an unfair advantage to the kids whose parents won't buy it for them.
    Or something?

I could see that they would want everyone to play on equal conditions maybe. If they don't include mice in the console bundle it would give an unfair advantage to the kids whose parents won't buy it for them.
    Or something?

Including a cheapo mouse that they already basically give away + cheapo keyboard that they already basically give away == problem solved. Then they can market fancy versions and make even more money.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    With the Xbox, Microsoft did everything in their power to make it not look like a pared down PC.

Dunno if they're still trying to do this with the 360.

PS3 supports KBAM but the developers have to actually implement it.

TwistedJester on
  • ErrorError Registered User regular
    And they prefer not to it seems, even when the game is a port of a PC game...like Red Alert.

• MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular

Or something?

Including a cheapo mouse that they already basically give away + cheapo keyboard that they already basically give away == problem solved. Then they can market fancy versions and make even more money.

That sounds like a product SKU disaster. I bet they don't do it because, regardless of the hardware you include, some people just prefer a controller over KBaM, and said people would get destroyed by KBaM users.

I think it's more a fact of that you are much more effective with mouse and keyboard than with a controller. It's not really an issue if the player base is separated but I guarantee you that there would be 360-only servers up within minutes if they introduced cross-platform play. It just wouldn't be any fun to play together and the cost wouldn't be worth it for EA.

But why the holy hell no console maker so far have support for keyboard and mouse is beyond me. The PS3 supports them just fine but no game does.

No, I completely understand about the control you get with KBAM. I'm just saying friends should be able to play cross-platform if they want to. I'm not saying the regular servers out there now would have to change, just give the option to private/rented servers to allow the support so we can shoot eachother if we want to.
    And DREAMCAST had lots of KBAM support, thankyouverymuch.

edited April 2012
    And look at how well that went :P

Ed: Why is my smiley blinking and eating a slice of bacon?

Movitz on
    And look at how well that went :P

Best console ever, right?
    I rest my case...

• Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    Awe shit. More of you northerners. You and Mink and his whole crew of dirty almost canadians.

I'll be back soon to help represent the heartland. One more week of final exams...

XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527

I'll add caspian and firestorm tdm to the list. Be nice to get some dudebros on tonight to jumpstart the dome. Don't think I can handle anymore of those stupid 200-300% ticket servers. Wish there was a way to just find official DICE servers for when theres just a few of us.

I was wondering what those servers were, but I'm realizing those are just extra lives right? So the games go stupid long?

I may be on a bit tonight when I get home for some shooting, and I'll definitely be on Friday night while my wife is out with her sister. I'll just need to know how to actually connect to the server. :)

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

I was wondering what those servers were, but I'm realizing those are just extra lives right? So the games go stupid long?

I may be on a bit tonight when I get home for some shooting, and I'll definitely be on Friday night while my wife is out with her sister. I'll just need to know how to actually connect to the server. :)

Hso antsy. Search up the angry dome.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread

Hso antsy. Search up the angry dome.

Oh...ok! I thought you just had to use an IP or something, but I guess looking for it works too.

MrDelish wrote: »

Or something?

That sounds like a product SKU disaster. I bet they don't do it because, regardless of the hardware you include, some people just prefer a controller over KBaM, and said people would get destroyed by KBaM users.
    Server settings: Controllers only/Mixed mode/KBAM only

I'm a genius.

wWuzwvJ.png

Or something?

I'm a genius.

You are a genius.

• MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular

Or something?

I'm a genius.

Imagine the community fragmentation complaints! I just don't see such a setup working out at all, honestly.

• onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    i'd love to have kbam for my ps3. I'm so tempted to buy bf3 for PC when I build myself a new one.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Or something?

I'm a genius.

Imagine the community fragmentation complaints! I just don't see such a setup working out at all, honestly.

Plus all of the mixed-platform servers would have to be 24 players max, so most PC players would steer clear.

I see no reason why PS3 and 360 can't merge, though.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    PSN & Xbox Live working together is a dream of a madman.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Im pretty sure consoles dont come with KBAM because theyre shitty peripherals to use on a couch.

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    If my 360 had not gotten the RROD, I would want to get one of those keyboard and mouse adapters. I have seen one that is supposed to give you perfect emulation for shooters. I can only imagine the amount of mad that people would have if you rolled into a match using that.

Edit: This is what I am talking about.

http://xim3.com/

That_Guy on
    edited April 2012
    That_Guy wrote: »
    If my 360 had not gotten the RROD, I would want to get one of those keyboard and mouse adapters. I have seen one that is supposed to give you perfect emulation for shooters. I can only imagine the amount of mad that people would have if you rolled into a match using that.

Used to play Call of Duty with a guy who was already pretty good, but then suddenly started pulling >10.0 KDRs every game.

He bought a XIM3.

Our favorite giga-baller Birgirpall hit 100k subs today. It's cool to see that he's made it big so quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAlmN1TdiDg&list=UU7dlaP4GdMn7kBnsEDKupuQ&index=1&feature=plcp

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular

Used to play Call of Duty with a guy who was already pretty good, but then suddenly started pulling >10.0 KDRs every game.

He bought a XIM3.

I can only imagine what that would be like in BF3 where you don't have any auto aim. You have people just wildly firing in someone's direction hoping they are going to hit something and you, actually being able to aim.

• onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    i'd buy that XIM3 if they made a ps3 version.

i'm that crazy about wanting kbam for my bf3. gonna do some googlings when i get home from work tonight.

• rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    On a totally separate note:

I recently read about intercepting calls from a game to Direct X,
    then checking the render call for an enemy player
    then determining his position on my screen.
    In most cases, that player will be behind world geometry and will either fail z-buffer checks or be covered by subsequent draw calls.
    But before then, I can create a new draw call to DirectX to draw a box around that screen location.

see the difference?
    battlefield_3_hax.jpg

rRootagea on
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    @Archsorcerer added you.

Yeah yeah, so unbalanced, PC so good. At least if it wasn't competitive it would be a cool feature that way bros could play together across both. I know, almost nobody does it.
    Just thought I'd ask, you never know.

So what's the 360 server info then? Gots to add it to my favorites.

Server is called The Angry Dome. It's an East US server. So just set your filter to look there and than search the list.

[edit]And who in their right mind who has a legit gaming PC would want to play a battlefield game on console instead.

That KBAM adapter thingy for 360 seems interesting.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    rRootagea wrote: »
    On a totally separate note:

I recently read about intercepting calls from a game to Direct X,
    then checking the render call for an enemy player
    then determining his position on my screen.
    In many cases, that player may be behind world geometry and will either fail z-buffer checks or be covered by subsequent draw calls.
    By before then, I can create a new draw call to DirectX to draw a box around that screen location.

see the difference?
    battlefield_3_hax.jpg
    [/SPOILER/

An aimbot? Impressive sir!

• AF-IXAF-IX (LGKAOS) Whiteman AFBRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Mulletude wrote:

[edit]And who in their right mind who has a legit gaming PC would want to play a battlefield game on console instead.

~Wipes tear from eye~
    I do miss ya 360 guys though...
    maybe not so much Mink and his rat-bastard-knifing ways.

AF-IX on
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular

$150 to dominate people on console? Pass.

• John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    3 rounds, 3 times I get killed a bunch of times by the wonderful heavy barrel dart bug.

Think I am just going to give the field a break until they fix this.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • AF-IXAF-IX (LGKAOS) Whiteman AFBRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    emp123 wrote: »

$150 to dominate people on console? Pass.

$2K to be dominated on PC?
    Hell yes! Where do I sign up!?
    6728997171_3394fbff3b_b.jpg

AF-IX on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    3 rounds, 3 times I get killed a bunch of times by the wonderful heavy barrel dart bug.

Think I am just going to give the field a break until they fix this.

See you in 4 month then.