As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Secret Huntress Fan Club! (DC Comics: The New 52)

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So
    The new Wonder Woman looks pretty amazing

The part where she is in Hell reminds me of... Hellboy
    Chiang does the whole "panel that shows part of the environment without dialogue" thing that Mignola does so well

Tairu on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I thought I was going to hate the Duela Dent stuff, but that Naifeh sketch is pretty good. Kind of Harley Quinn with all of the terrible sucked right out.

huntresssig.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman does indeed look cool

Cliff Chiang is doing a great job with that book

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    http://www.fatwallet.com/Tanga-coupons/dc-comics-justice-league-international-1-year-subscription-12-issues/

i guess you can get a year of JLI for $14 through there. Of course then you'd be getting JLI. (maybe it'll get better again)

all hope lies in jurgens

huntresssig.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Replace hope with maudlin and you'll be on the right track

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    I thought I was going to hate the Duela Dent stuff, but that Naifeh sketch is pretty good. Kind of Harley Quinn with all of the terrible sucked right out.

Naifeh is seriously amazing, and the dude loves Batman.

KAYHO.jpg

I'm hoping he gets something a little more high profile, after the Duela Dent story. Of course, he was supposed to start a Courtney Crumrin ongoing this year, which I'm crazy excited for.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Oh man, I love that Batman and Robin

Didn't the Crumrin ongoing already start? I think I saw a review of #1 a few weeks back.

huntresssig.jpg
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    well that's awesome.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular

What...what's wrong with Harley Quinn?

Forget it, I don't want to know.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Didn't the Crumrin ongoing already start? I think I saw a review of #1 a few weeks back.

Not that I know of. They did release a hardcover edition of the old stuff, though. You may be thinking of that.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Are you down for the Trinity War next year?

Things might change, like the name, since Trinity means jack all with the reboot just happening, but it doesn't really make sense because we don't know enough about the characters for it to have any weight. One of the reasons Infinite Crisis had potential in the concept of the rift between the three is that you had years and years of history there. And I can see DC pushing this after Before Watchmen wraps up, to be next year's big attraction, especially after seeing the AvX numbers.

• RansRans Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

Things might change, like the name, since Trinity means jack all with the reboot just happening, but it doesn't really make sense because we don't know enough about the characters for it to have any weight. One of the reasons Infinite Crisis had potential in the concept of the rift between the three is that you had years and years of history there. And I can see DC pushing this after Before Watchmen wraps up, to be next year's big attraction, especially after seeing the AvX numbers.

Coincidence that "Trinity War" seems awfully close to being similar to the "Third Army" in GL?

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

A Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman war would be idiotic, not because they couldn't tell a good one, but it runs entirely contrary to a lot of the point of the New 52 Justice League, which was supposed be about making secondary JL members like Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman more prominent and important in things.

This would cast all that aside.

Unless somehow Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg can shine because of a three-way between Bruce, Diana and Clark is keeping them out of the picture.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    The main question is what could be the reason for a "war" between the three of them?

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • glithertglithert Registered User regular
    Grant Morrison appears in the pages of Justice League and forces the three of them to fight each other for a sales boost.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Justice League team up to take down Grant, until they learn the he's just a puppet of the real villain, Bob Harras.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The main question is what could be the reason for a "war" between the three of them?

My first thought would be all three "families" taking their lead figure's position and fighting against each other. Of course, that may not be an option except for Wonder Woman (with Themyscira Paradise Island) & Batman in the DCnU.

Harry Dresden on
    Didn't Grant say he was going to write an issue of Action Comics about Superman's relation to the League
    I look forward to that

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Not really in topic but I couldn't figure out where else to put this and it's Vertigo which is technically DC. I've just started reading Fables on my Kindle Fire and Holy shit that series is addicting. I tried to get into it years ago and got through the first two trades but the length of the series turned me off to it at the time. Now that the first 15 volumes plus 1001 Nights of Snowfall are all available on the pad for less than 10 bucks each I'm finally delving in. If only I hadn't had the Adversary's identity spoiled to me.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Isn't the whole Trinity War sound awful a lot like the one proposed by I think Alan Moore oh so long ago. Basically would have been houses of the established heroes including ones like Shazam, Titans etc who would be in alliances etc.

It was my first thought when I heard this.

• ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    So a few advanced reviews of the FCBD issue suggest that the "Trinity" in question isn't the trinity we think it is, but rather the "Trinity of Sin" ... w/ever that is. No one's naming names, but one reviewer said 2 of the Trinity are well known villains, but the third might be new.

Oh man, Captain Atom #8 may have been the best issue yet. Up there with issue 3.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So Justice League was really good this week and way more in line with what I wanted out of this reboot

it introduces a ton of new things and changes while also interweaving with the rest of the DCU
    The League helps out Batman with a plane full of Talons during Night of the Owls

they tangle with some cultists that are important in JL: Dark apparently

Green Arrow and Aquaman have a past history, Arthur seems to have gotten him off the island he was stuck on. GA is definitely younger and more brash than his old self and teams up with Steve Trevor for some secret Team. They called it Team 7 so I am guessing the reboot 7 Soldiers?

and Martian Manhunter did join the Justice League but it ended in a major falling out, what with a brief flashback showing him taking on the whole League solo and then deeming "They are not prepared." while watching the Watchtower from afar.

CYpGAPn.png
    Yeah, I really liked JL8

Johns is planting a loooooot of seeds, some for the future, some retroactively in the past. I'm loving it.

• ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So Justice League was really good this week and way more in line with what I wanted out of this reboot

it introduces a ton of new things and changes while also interweaving with the rest of the DCU
    The League helps out Batman with a plane full of Talons during Night of the Owls

Green Arrow and Aquaman have a past history, Arthur seems to have gotten him off the island he was stuck on. GA is definitely younger and more brash than his old self and teams up with Steve Trevor for some secret Team. They called it Team 7 so I am guessing the reboot 7 Soldiers?

and Martian Manhunter did join the Justice League but it ended in a major falling out, what with a brief flashback showing him taking on the whole League solo and then deeming "They are not prepared." while watching the Watchtower from afar.
    A 7 Soldiers with Green Arrow would be pretty damn cool. Maybe Steve Trevor as Vigilante or Crimson Avenger? (doubtful, I know...)

Arryn wrote: »

A 7 Soldiers with Green Arrow would be pretty damn cool. Maybe Steve Trevor as Vigilante or Crimson Avenger? (doubtful, I know...)
    Well
    Green Arrow was on the original 7 Soldiers.
    seven_soldiers_anderson1.gif

I doubt they'll do a straight up modern version of that since Shining Knight and Arsenal are already in the New 52 but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Secret Avengers-esque black ops team led by the newly badass Steve Trevor

CYpGAPn.png
    I uhhh... Peaked at the gatefold page from the FCBD issue...
    I think they brought back Vibe

Here's the gatefold for anyone curious:
    KvYS5.jpg

I really liked JL8 today but am pretty goddamn apathetic towards this

CYpGAPn.png
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, that gatefold is really eh without any context.

UltimateInferno on

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    Also what the hell is going on with GL's outfit

CYpGAPn.png
    edited April 2012
    I think(hope) that's Black Hand, not Green Lantern (we're talking aboot right bottom corner guy right?), especially since Superman has a pillar on him.

UltimateInferno on

Well considering he has a GL ring and the GL symbol and isn't wearing Black Hand's outfit

I am going with it being a Green Lantern

CYpGAPn.png
    Well considering he has a GL ring and the GL symbol and isn't wearing Black Hand's outfit

Well under the Green construct sure looks like the Black hand mask / part of his uniform. And whose to say he doesn't steal a ring or something (after all the next arc of Green Lantern is "Revenge of Black Hand")

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Arryn wrote: »

I believe Team 7 was the name of the Wildstorm black-ops group that Grifter, Deathblow and John Lynch among it's members. They were kinda like Marvel's Team X.

Well under the Green construct sure looks like the Black hand mask / part of his uniform. And whose to say he doesn't steal a ring or something (after all the next arc of Green Lantern is "Revenge of Black Hand")

It looks a bit like Midnighter, even. Maybe this is a new Green Lantern... from the Third Army?

Batman #8 spoiler
    Anyone else catch Victor Fries on the kill list? Guess he's having an origin story told in the Annual.

huntresssig.jpg
    DC is just

so dang confusing

for every bright spot they have there are just a ton of shitty ones

like for instance I really like the attempt they have made to integrate magic more heavily into the DCU and have it be a major force. The idea of magic returning to the world after centuries of absence along with the advent of the superhero is a cool one.

But then they use that(according to the leaked FCBD stuff) to
    Have a bunch of superheroes fight each other

C'mon guys

CYpGAPn.png
    I think it looks cool, I dunno. I guess i'm the lowest common denominator.

Man I am really digging the Shazam backup

Can't wait to see what these kids get up to
    Thinking Mary's his long-lost sister.

huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.