As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game Deals Thread

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Guys in the Vita thread have noticed that prices for memory cards have gone down a bit. 4 GB—$16.99; 16 GB—$46.90; 32 GB—$88.30.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The old Splatterhouse games are unlockable, yes. But the best reason to buy the game?

Darkwing Duck NegaDuck is the voice of the mask.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Anyone seen good deals on Battlefield 3 for 360 lately? I would get it off Craigslist, but EA has that online code so that's mo money...
    I feel like there should be a tracker site that shows how much it's been (I'm pretty sure there's a Steam site for that).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Anyone seen good deals on Battlefield 3 for 360 lately? I would get it off Craigslist, but EA has that online code so that's mo money...
    I feel like there should be a tracker site that shows how much it's been (I'm pretty sure there's a Steam site for that).

Cheap Ass Gamer. Tracks the price points of a ton of games. And if you sign up it can alert you when the price drops below a certain threshold with an email. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Cheap Ass Gamer. Tracks the price points of a ton of games. And if you sign up it can alert you when the price drops below a certain threshold with an email. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/

@furlion, are you following me?
    Thanks for the CAG link though. For some reason I pretty much thought they were just a forum kind of place that posted deals (much like we do here). I'm thinking I may hold out for a Gamefly deal of some kind (they have BF3 for $37 with online pass right now). I've bought two games from them before when they went cheap and really liked the prices/shipping/everything.

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    If you bought the Witcher 2 for somewhere else other than GOG, you can now copy your cd key into GOG and get a copy there, too. Maybe it's not really a "game deal" as such, but an extra place for backups never hurt and you get random extras like the soundtrack and artbook and such.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    The old Splatterhouse games are unlockable, yes. But the best reason to buy the game?

Darkwing Duck NegaDuck is the voice of the mask.

I bought it - it's definitely an old school beat em up. Really fun, although I'm finding the "fatality" things to get sort of repetitive. Sense of humor is good, graphics are ok, the 2d sections are a neat throwback too. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised given I avoided it due to fairly overwhelmingly negative reviews.

It is incredibly repetitive, no doubt. Still pretty fun. There's actually some good story and background to it, if you pay attention and collect everything possible.

uyvfOQy.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    R.U.S.E. is on sale over at Gamersgate today for 5.00 USD (75 percent off) as part the Ubisoft week. They've got most of their catalogue on sale but at a rather paltry 30 percent off this week. Best to wait for dailies if another title interests you.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RUSE/ruse-the-art-of-deception?caff=3884871

Steamworks title so must be tied to your Steam account.

Corpekata on
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular

If I remember next time I'm at Gamestop, I'll try to grab a pass or two from the used cases so that way you can pick up a used copy and save some cash.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
    edited April 2012
    Kaseius wrote: »

If I remember next time I'm at Gamestop, I'll try to grab a pass or two from the used cases so that way you can pick up a used copy and save some cash.

:o<3 8->

That would be amazing, Kas!

Custom Special on
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Just got an email from Blockbuster advertising some good used prices:

Battlefied 3 (PS3, 360) 25.00
    Batman Arkham City (PS3, 360) 20.00
    Gears of Wars 3 (360) 20.00

YMMV on whether the games are in stock at your local brick and mortar obviously.

Corpekata wrote: »
    Just got an email from Blockbuster advertising some good used prices:

Battlefied 3 (PS3, 360) 25.00
    Batman Arkham City (PS3, 360) 20.00
    Gears of Wars 3 (360) 20.00

YMMV on whether the games are in stock at your local brick and mortar obviously.

Hmm...gotta find one that's even still open around here. But 25 for BF3 I would definitely buy, and if Kas gets me the hook up then OH MAN would that be so good!

• KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Newegg 48 hour sale:

Diablo 3 PC 50$
    Code: EMCNFJC22

Dragon's Dogma 360 - 48$
    Code: EMCNFJC239

Dragon's Dogma PS3 - 48$
    Code: EMCNFJC242

Original sales page with other stuff

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
    Thanks @Corpekata, I'll be picking up BF3 on my way home from blockbuster ("it doesn't come with the code because it was a rental"...yeah, which means it wasn't used, right?).
    @Kaseius let me know if you can get a code, I'd really appreciate it. If you can't, then i feel like this is the price point where I would be ok with the extra cost. But atill, free is better. :D

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    ("it doesn't come with the code because it was a rental"...yeah, which means it wasn't used, right?).

yeah, it means the box sat on an unattended shelf for months with the manual/codes free to be pillaged by whoever.

Having worked there, they're supposed to take the codes out and then hand them back out if/when the game is bought. That obviously never happens.

uyvfOQy.png
    Having worked there, they're supposed to take the codes out and then hand them back out if/when the game is bought. That obviously never happens.

That's what I figure. Gamefly gets you the code since they keep the original stuff. I bet blockbuster either let's it sit like pablo said or employees raid it to sell or use. I'm going to ask if they can check just in case they have one hiding somewhere.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    dunno if this was mentioned yet or not but

Witcher 2 360 is $45 at toysrus.com with free shipping

xmassig2.gif
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    resident evil operation raccoon city, $30 at bestbuy

ps3

its the best buy version that comes with some DLC included, also

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    How is this game? The videos made it look good but I haven't heard anything about it since then.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    How is this game? The videos made it look good but I haven't heard anything about it since then.

Not very good, sadly.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Was afraid of that. Thanks just saved $30.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Newegg 48 hour sale:

Diablo 3 PC 50$

Dragon's Dogma 360 - 48$

Dragon's Dogma PS3 - 48$

What is the best version of Dragon's Dogma?

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Shit that Dragons dogma code has expired. Pulled the trigger a hair too late I guess.

I'll wait for another deal to come around on it.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »
    If you bought the Witcher 2 for somewhere else other than GOG, you can now copy your cd key into GOG and get a copy there, too. Maybe it's not really a "game deal" as such, but an extra place for backups never hurt and you get random extras like the soundtrack and artbook and such.

The first Witcher extended edition is also on sale over there for 5 bucks. I just picked it up.

Steam: offday
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Newegg 48 hour sale:

Diablo 3 PC 50$

Dragon's Dogma 360 - 48$

Dragon's Dogma PS3 - 48$

Capcom stuff always seems to be better on the PS3 but that's just what I notice.

• b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

Does this work with guncons of any sort, or is it move only?

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Newegg 48 hour sale:

Diablo 3 PC 50$

Dragon's Dogma 360 - 48$

Dragon's Dogma PS3 - 48$

MT Framework (Resident Evil 5, Lost Planet 1+2, Devil May Cry 4, and now Dragon's Dogma) historically runs and looks better on X360 than PS3.

b1rdman wrote: »

Does this work with guncons of any sort, or is it move only?

it doesnt support any guncons, according to the internet

• BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular

Thanks for this. Been debating about picking it up. You just made that decision quite easy for me.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Since waggle controls became a thing, do they still make dedicated gun controllers? Or is everything now just a framework for the controllers, like the Sharp Shooter?

kyrcl.png
    edited April 2012
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Since waggle controls became a thing, do they still make dedicated gun controllers? Or is everything now just a framework for the controllers, like the Sharp Shooter?

namco made the Guncon 3 for the ps3 (i dont know if they made one for the 360 also?), but only made like 2 games that supported it.

edit: newegg has Sonic Generations for $15.99, also. ps3 360

Ah_Pook on
    Bolthorn wrote: »

Thanks for this. Been debating about picking it up. You just made that decision quite easy for me.

It shows up as $27.99 for me. Even though I got the ad that shows $9.99 on it. Am I overlooking a code I need to enter, or what?

uyvfOQy.png
    looks like that deal is dead. must have sold through their sale stock or whatever.

Bolthorn wrote: »

It shows up as $27.99 for me. Even though I got the ad that shows $9.99 on it. Am I overlooking a code I need to enter, or what?

back in stock, if you still want it.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

namco made the Guncon 3 for the ps3 (i dont know if they made one for the 360 also?), but only made like 2 games that supported it.

edit: newegg has Sonic Generations for $15.99, also. ps3 360

The Guncon had issues with flat screen tv's, so everything is Move now.

The Move setup works perfectly, in case you're wondering.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    Got it, thanks!

I'll have to bust out the Move now. And finally open up the big gun attachment for it, that I picked up on clearance.

uyvfOQy.png
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Grabbed that Sonic game, I liked the demo enough to pay XBLA price for it (and I like to try out 3D games). Thanks for the heads up.

This discussion has been closed.