As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Football/Soccer] Chamack to score 30 goals for West Ham

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Well nervous over champions league tonight. Got a feeling vidosic being out is gonna hurt us even though he's been pretty average.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Well nervous over champions league tonight. Got a feeling vidosic being out is gonna hurt us even though he's been pretty average.

I'm really really worried about Chelsea in the CL tomorrow. I know they will lose at Barca but I hope they don't completely embarrass themselves at home.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Not so "special" anymore, eh Mourinho?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    2-1 isn't a poor result when you have the away goal

they played poorly last night but they're still in a decent position to advance

Third win in acl this year and 0 to the other aussie teams. lolololololololololol

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Top of group E, having a laugh. Top of group E and we're having laugh.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    if there is one thing i have learned from posting in this thread for the last couple years is that Adelaide always does well in the ACL no matter what their club record is.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile, in Shanghai, Nicholas Anelka has just been made player-manager- I can't yet determine whether that was even a thing he'd requested- and has no idea what the hell he's doing.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Top of group E, having a laugh. Top of group E and we're having laugh.

Pretty difficult group to be top of... well done.

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    Meanwhile, in Shanghai, Nicholas Anelka has just been made player-manager- I can't yet determine whether that was even a thing he'd requested- and has no idea what the hell he's doing.

Well he is an expert in the transfer market.

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    Gosling wrote: »

Well he is an expert in the transfer market.
    FUN FACT: The manager has zero say in transfer decisions at Shanghai.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAVSDI_lbfE

89th minute thievery. Love it!

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Fuck you drogba! :P

PAD ID - 328,762,218
    Lol fuck barca.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Noooooooooooooooo, god damnit.

C'mon Barca.

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Damn it. Felt like Barca just couldn't sink what felt like an inevitable goal. Cech played really well.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
    :cry:

That's fucking shocking, really surprised Barca lost.

• CristoCristo Registered User regular
    They never do particularly well in England though, they've got a surprisingly shite record there actually. Messi has never scored on English soil either.

Moot. No way Chelsea can park the bus in the Nou Camp.

But it would be awesome.

― Marcus Aurelius

Cristo wrote: »
    They never do particularly well in England though, they've got a surprisingly shite record there actually. Messi has never scored on English soil either.

Didn't he score in last year's Champions League final?

I do feel sure that Barca will beat Chelsea at Nou Camp though. (Hopefully.)

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I'd love for Chelski to get through. I've a soft spot for underdogs, even if they are scum.

Inter beat them by winning close at home and getting lucky/playing ugly away.

― Marcus Aurelius

Lord_Snot wrote: »
    Cristo wrote: »

Didn't he score in last year's Champions League final?

I do feel sure that Barca will beat Chelsea at Nou Camp though. (Hopefully.)

Was that at Wembley?

Maybe, I dunno. It's just what I've heard the commentators say multiple times now!

For some reason the English media like to use any angle they can to downplay a foreign team/player when facing off against an English team. The fact that they chose to highlight that insignificant stat is totally ludicrous.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    And it's not even true - he did score at Wembley last year. Maybe there's some additional qualifier on that statement, like.. "on a Tuesday"

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    In any case, if you want to sell me on a statistically insignificant correlation, you need to give me a compelling mechanism and a good story.

― Marcus Aurelius

• HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    I think its actually Messi hasn't scored against Chelsea, least im pretty sure that's what the commentators said this morning
    Mind you last time we played them was 09 and before that was I think 07? So he hasn't really had many chances since he hit superform
    Really happy with the win, but gonna need an even bigger effort next week at the nou camp to progress though

Lionel Messi has never won against an Englishman while blindfolded and hog-tied to a steam-powered deathtrap in which a crude rocket is fired into the Thames with Messi attached.

Don't ask about the Mersey.

I think its actually Messi hasn't scored against Chelsea, least im pretty sure that's what the commentators said this morning
    Mind you last time we played them was 09 and before that was I think 07? So he hasn't really had many chances since he hit superform
    Really happy with the win, but gonna need an even bigger effort next week at the nou camp to progress though

He didn't do well last night, and Arsenal had him shut down both games they've played at the Emirates.

soo, FM doesn't save automaticaly after games and my computer has crashing problems, i just got done smoking portsmouth and dont know if Ill get the same result :(
    ballls.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    I'm rooting for Barca, but I still think it's cool that Chelsea made it interesting. Also cool to see that Drogba can still deliver a vicious gutpunch when it counts.

The speed at which Newcastle move and pass the ball is really impressive.

And Hoilett really needs to stop being so awesome for Blackburn. We need England to pass him by so Canada can call him up...

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    El Clasico is on right now and nobody here's talking about it? Boo.

Real is up 2-1.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    edited April 2012
    Well, if they hadn't stuck it on ESPN Deportes and allowed Toronto/Chicago to be the only game on here...

EDIT: And within thirty borking seconds Toronto is losing again. What a shocker.

Gosling on
    Aaron Winter might not be long for the TFC coaching seat.

edited April 2012
    Of course as i say that we get a beautifl Goal from Lambe. And in the 2 mins i have been watching , lambe gets a brace ...maybe TFC should pay me to watch their games. :P

Draeven on

If they don't pull out at least a draw in this one, they need to sack Winter. Keep Mariner and bring in Nichol.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    El Clasico is on right now and nobody here's talking about it? Boo.

Real is up 2-1.

They've played eachother like 6 times this year, no one cares anymore.

This discussion has been closed.