As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Attention: the protomen still exist! cover album available now!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    oh my fuck

• Options
    Hey do you guys want to see the terribad Protomen cover band that played the Pax East jamspace this year?
    Of course you do

I present to you THE PROTOMANS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff_jEykDlg0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfGuVu1_-gQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYP5makfAyw

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Uggggh
    There's also a band just called protoman

• Options
    CosCos Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to make myself listen to more than about 10 seconds of those videos. Maybe I will have the strength later tonight?

• Options
    The songs are actually easier to listen to than Fake Kilroy talking

• Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    Just a heads up that they're terrible on purpose, and may or may have not been really drunk at the time of that concert.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Just a heads up that they're terrible on purpose, and may or may have not been really drunk at the time of that concert.

A reminder for everyone out there:

Ironically terrible music? Still terrible.

Some bands manage to suck and rule at the same time, but it's an art. If you're going to put that much effort in, you might as well just be good.

• Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Some bands manage to suck and rule at the same time, but it's an art. If you're going to put that much effort in, you might as well just be good.

Christ, what are you, the fun police? I believe there was almost nobody at that concert besides the band playing, and the protomen themselves. Both "bands" are all friends just messing around.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Christ, what are you, the fun police? I believe there was almost nobody at that concert besides the band playing, and the protomen themselves. Both "bands" are all friends just messing around.

Yes, actually.

It's a part time thing. I'm legally obligated to stop people from having fun.

Awful job, but someone's got to do it. Otherwise, there'd be happy people all over, dancing in the streets, widespread celebration.

In other words, ANARCHY.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Have they hinted anything about Act III? Or have they decided just to fuck around? ;P

• Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    Act III will actually be Salsa-inspired and tell the Flashdance-style version of Samba De Amigo.

• Options
    that certainly explains why they recruited RINGO SEGUNDO

• Options
    Act III will be released Dec 22 2012, with the release show occurring atop a Mayan temple. Exact location TBD.

• Options
    Well Cos there are only so many Mayan temples still standing

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Holy fucking shit
    They're playing with Tenacious D

THEY'RE PLAYING

WITH

THE D

Sorry for having to sit on this mailer for a few days. Lots of things in the works.

I'll go ahead and start with the Awesome news...
    Several days ago, I got fancy phone call from some fancy people associated with some other fancy people that were asking us to play a fancy show with them at a fancy venue in a fancy town for a lot of fancy people. After first shitting myself and then immediately telling them no-way because of fierce (not so fancy) scheduling difficulties, I came to realize that fancy people like this only come calling every-so-often, so we decided I should call the fancy people back and try to "work it out." And "work it out," we did…

I know you're pooping yourself right now in anticipation, so I'll just cut the long-winded jackalackery right now and tell you. Tenacious D asked us to play with them next month in Vancouver. It's going to be absolutely amazing. We've been wanting to do this for a very long time.

Now for the Bad news…
    The Tenacious D show is in Vancouver, BC on May 27th. Unfortunately, this means that we have to bow out of the last 3 shows at the end of our tour with Powerglove, Creature feature, and Danimal Cannon. We wish there was another way, but in order to get from Buffalo, NY to Vancouver, we need those three days of driving cross country. It saddens us to no end to have to drop out of some of this upcoming tour, but when the D calls, you tell him no at first because of scheduling woes, but then realize how stupid you were for telling the D no, and then you call him back with acceptance in your heart.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I am weeping with joy and also with sadness because I wish I could be at that show

are they really only doing one show with them, though?

• Options
    Looks like just the Vancouver show

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Preoooorderrrrrr

ing.

Man since I am broke as a joke this is the worst decision.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Do they not?

Man, what fucking good are they

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oh nevermind, I have to pay via paypal, which won't ship overseas, so I'm screwed.

Well there's that problem solved!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, they are essentially totally worthless unless I am shipping something to someone in the States as a gift.

It's pretty fucking dumb.

What's really annoying is that it'll calculate shipping on the Sound Machine website for overseas buuuut I'm not seeing any payment options other than paypal.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Holy fuck, they managed to make me really jealous of Canada.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Holy fucking shit

THEY'RE PLAYING

WITH

THE D

Sorry for having to sit on this mailer for a few days. Lots of things in the works.

Several days ago, I got fancy phone call from some fancy people associated with some other fancy people that were asking us to play a fancy show with them at a fancy venue in a fancy town for a lot of fancy people. After first shitting myself and then immediately telling them no-way because of fierce (not so fancy) scheduling difficulties, I came to realize that fancy people like this only come calling every-so-often, so we decided I should call the fancy people back and try to "work it out." And "work it out," we did…

I know you're pooping yourself right now in anticipation, so I'll just cut the long-winded jackalackery right now and tell you. Tenacious D asked us to play with them next month in Vancouver. It's going to be absolutely amazing. We've been wanting to do this for a very long time.

Now for the Bad news…
    The Tenacious D show is in Vancouver, BC on May 27th. Unfortunately, this means that we have to bow out of the last 3 shows at the end of our tour with Powerglove, Creature feature, and Danimal Cannon. We wish there was another way, but in order to get from Buffalo, NY to Vancouver, we need those three days of driving cross country. It saddens us to no end to have to drop out of some of this upcoming tour, but when the D calls, you tell him no at first because of scheduling woes, but then realize how stupid you were for telling the D no, and then you call him back with acceptance in your heart.

This is 3 months before I arrive in Vancouver

I am

I just

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Holy fucking shit

THEY'RE PLAYING

WITH

THE D

Now for the Bad news…

This is 3 months before I arrive in Vancouver

I am

I just

Pfft, like there's even gonna be a vancouver after that show.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    So after that show in Vancouver, Tenacious D goes to Europe. After that, their first stop is in Nashville.

Think this is a test run?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    next stop, late night show gigs

can you imagine the Protomen playing on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon?

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Hm. Maybe I should get my passport soon... Vancouver isn't that far away...

• Options
    Tenacious D asked The Protomen to come over and play a show with them

my god

• Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Tenacious D asked The Protomen to come over and play a show with them

my god

And their first answer was NO.

• Options
    i just saw a quote from jack black about bands opening for Tenacious D
    Jack Black wrote:
    It's a rough slot even if you're a funny band, because our fans ... a lot of them apparently are not fans of music. They're really just fans of Tenacious D. Even if you're really good, too bad. I actually prefer to have people we don't know open for us, so when they receive the punishment, I don't feel as bad. I'm not in standing in the wings, going, "Oh, that's my friend you're crushing!"
    D:D:D:D:D:D:

• Options
    Hmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Options
    I am quite sure that they don't deliberately seek out bands they think suck to open for them

Something-something quote about publicity

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    well

no

i'm just worried about the reception and i hope (they likely are) the protomen are aware of this

if not, well shit

• Options
    Oh man they're doing a release show for the Queen album in late June

I might be able to make that

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I'll be there.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

Yes, actually.

It's a part time thing. I'm legally obligated to stop people from having fun.

Awful job, but someone's got to do it. Otherwise, there'd be happy people all over, dancing in the streets, widespread celebration.

In other words, ANARCHY.

you're doing a great thing here, boss

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Yeesssss, my copy of a night of queen is already shipping and in Austin. Probably be here tommorrow.

• Options
    Mine's out for delivery in town, it's just a matter of waiting for the mailman

I thought they weren't going out for a while yet, though

• Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaand it's here