As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Heh, I know who that is. Good guy. I beat his Tau to death.

He's not going to say anything interesting though. Maybe about Space Marine. Absolutely right about their being too many cooks in the kitchen.

Edit: Heh. "demand for content was known in the studio." but completely ignored by the parent company.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Sitting in the hospital with my wife and new Marine so this is all from my phone.

Nax is my company champion.
    That marine reproduction quote is funny.
    Arguements on this board are funny since everyone knows eachothes posting styles. New people must thing we're a bucket of dicks.

Much Gratz broham.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I would kill a man for a more focused Space Marine sequel with the multiplayer modes mentioned in the AMA.

I'm aware all the cool kids love to hate on it, but Space Marine was one of my favorite gaming experiences of last year up there with Witcher 2, Skyrim, and Deus Ex.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    None of the multiplayer modes mentioned in AMA were any good. There's a reason they didn't ship.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    They sounded good/didn't seem to have been given the chance to develop into something good. =/

makosig.jpg
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    They sounded good/didn't seem to have been given the chance to develop into something good. =/
    It had all the opportunity.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    mr_mich wrote: »
    Well I've got a bunch of the modern rectangular ones with 5 depressions for infantry, but I've also got the square ones that have 5 in a pattern the way the 5 pips are on a d6:
    The rectangular ones are the one I'm talking about, instead of the old style squares, but I'm short on everything so I'm wouldn't be picky... now that i think about it, I'll give GW a call and see if they can do anything about it.
    *edit*
    Actually, looks like they sell them, $4 for four base sprews. I guess I'll have to add those on when I make my tax return splurge. Also, given the size, epic bases seem a real good candidate for the new textured paint.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    More exploration into converted Grotesques. I rather like the mostly matching aesthetics and less monstrous appearance. Turning these:

Warspears_CLPD.png

Into these: (with a finecast Wrack for scale)

Grotesques_WIP_3.JPG

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Space Marine is so fantastic.

@KenO GRATS! We just have to find a way to get all of us central Florida guys together :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I find is terribly sad that Relic knew of the demand for a new Homeworld, but THQ didn't care.

I want Homeworld 3 :( Chances of getting it seem to be getting slimmer and slimmer. I'd take Homeworld 3 over a new Space Marine or DoW.

-Loki- on
  • Helios127Helios127 Registered User regular
    So I am scratch-building my own Ork Battlewagon with a Kill-Kannon.

Im wondering what are some of the best ways to equip it? Its open-topped so I can have Lootas firing from its top, but besides that what else should I equip it with?

Im looking into Either a regular Kannon or a Lobba and 4 rocket launchers or 2 rocket launchers and 2 Big-Shootas

• mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Haha, I dug up some old Epic photos!

OVCif.jpg
    Zpn1y.jpg

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Sitting in the hospital with my wife and new Marine so this is all from my phone.

Nax is my company champion.
    That marine reproduction quote is funny.
    Arguements on this board are funny since everyone knows eachothes posting styles. New people must thing we're a bucket of dicks.

Congratulations on the new trooper! Maybe one day he'll be a vet with a meltagun. Weird because my cousin's wife just delivered a boy, and my family is pretty involved because he's in Afghanistan.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh man. I want those Lightnings and Maurauders. They would look so good next to my epic FW Thunderbolts.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Echo's got wracks on wracks

edited April 2012
    This is pure conjecture on my part, but I'm wonder if something like Fallout 3 will happen.

Matrias on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    What, give it to another developer to make a horribly bug ridden game in a different genre to what the fans want?

Excited.

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    I still think the original gameplay stuff we saw in the very first trailer looked way, way more exciting than what we ended up getting out of Space Marine. Still loved the game, but I kind of wonder if we could ever get that other game.

• DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    I had this weekend all set aside to just paint away at my army. No other major obligations. And now this happens:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Diablo®_III_Open_Beta_Weekend-4_19_2012

Shit.

This guy would make a great Grotesque. However, Rackham went out of business and it's probably impossible to find one nowadays.

Aberration%20Prime%20_1_.jpg

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    SJ wrote: »
    I still think the original gameplay stuff we saw in the very first trailer looked way, way more exciting than what we ended up getting out of Space Marine. Still loved the game, but I kind of wonder if we could ever get that other game.

I agree with this.

As shitty as it is to say because people lost jobs, I would not be opposed to THQ handing Space Marine off to Vigil. But then I'd guess they're busy with Darksiders 2 and what's left of Dark Millenium.

Wow. I arranged with a friend of a friend to buy the two Rat Ogres from his Blood Island box.

The whole box is 850 SEK; I felt generous paying 200 for just the two ratties.

Turns out he's giving me all the Skaven stuff from the box for 200.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    What's SEK?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    SJ wrote: »

The Dreadnought DLC was really bizarre to me. I bought it and played twice and both times the team without the dreadnought lost 41-0. Haven't played since.

E26cO.jpg
    What's SEK?

Swedebucks.

• Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    What's SEK?
    Swedish Krona.

@Echo - if you are looking to offload those extra Skaven and would ship to the UK I know somone who would be interested.

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    DocSamson wrote: »
    I had this weekend all set aside to just paint away at my army. No other major obligations. And now this happens:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Diablo®_III_Open_Beta_Weekend-4_19_2012

Shit.

I'm doing my very best to ignore that this weekend.I have so much to do...

Save your mouse and paint.

Seriously.

I need to paint. Just something.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Echo wrote: »
    This guy would make a great Grotesque. However, Rackham went out of business and it's probably impossible to find one nowadays.

There was a prepainted version of the aberration prime that looks very similar to the prime you posted, you might be able to grab one for cheap off ebay or somewhere since the prepaints were generally maligned

The Alchemists of Dirz had a bunch of other stuff that would work well in a DE army

See: dasyatis clones, tigers of Dirz, keratis warriors, skorize warriors, and more!

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    I need to paint. Just something.

So quit being a mopey goose and paint?

Tough love.

All true.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    This weekend is busy for me so... i'm scared. I want to paint. I have ToTs deathwatch termy to finish... AND my Deathwatch Stormraven to finish.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    I'm finishing three tervigons and two tyrannofexes before May 19th. Lots of marathon painting. Probably the last huge minis I'll have time to paint for our space marine arrives in early July.

E26cO.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I would paint too since it's getting warmer but sadly working two jobs kicks my ass since all i do with my free time is sleep

It' supposed to rain all this weekend, but I would like trying to prime one bike black, and seeing if this paint works.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

There was a prepainted version of the aberration prime that looks very similar to the prime you posted, you might be able to grab one for cheap off ebay or somewhere since the prepaints were generally maligned

The Alchemists of Dirz had a bunch of other stuff that would work well in a DE army

See: dasyatis clones, tigers of Dirz, keratis warriors, skorize warriors, and more!

Actually, I've been trying to get my hands on one to use for parts for a daemon prince. Can't seem to find an affordable one, though.

• TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Ebay is typically full of Epic stuff. The main reason I don't like the Tyranid stuff is its mini-2nd edition Tyranids, which look pretty terrible.

Also, FW discontinued their Epic Tyranids, and I wanted some of them :(

There's a couple of people on Tactical command who have made new versions using 3D printing and 3rd party casting services - they look pretty incredible. Will see if I can did up a link.

Actually, I've been trying to get my hands on one to use for parts for a daemon prince. Can't seem to find an affordable one, though.

eBay UK has one for 2 of these "quid" units, and a few more for 7-8.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Also, the aberration would make for a better daemon prince/pain engine than a grotesque since it is quite large

It's about as tall as GW ogres/rat ogres but it covers a dreadnought base easily

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.