As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Blue Screen of [chat]

1104105106107108110»

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    He probably had to carry full coverage on it, since he didn't own the car (still making payments).

Liability is chap. Full coverage is not so cheap, especially for a young guy.

• gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    gundam470 wrote: »
    $300 a month is fucking insane for insurance. I'm 25 and drive a 2012 Mustang and I pay just south of $150.

This seems crazy low. What kind of coverage do you have?

Full I think? Deductible is at $500. California's "good driver discount" is actually pretty significant.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    He probably had to carry full coverage on it, since he didn't own the car (still making payments). Liability is chap. Full coverage is not so cheap, especially for a young guy.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    fuck this earth?

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Car insurance is fucked up. You have to pay 300? I pay like $100.

Those were about the quotes I was getting. The actual company I went with (Mercury) was actually $350, but that was because my dad insisted on them, and he was the one making the down payment, so I didn't argue. It was for a 2010 Corolla, and I'm 23, so I guess that jacked up the price.

I dunno, I guess it also has to do with how long you've been driving? I'm 24, so age isn't always going to fuck you.

Thinking back to when we bought it...

I'm pretty sure it was largely because my dad has an awful driving record. The car is in both our names, so we both have to be on the insurance.

Oh yeah, that'll do it.

Initially I started on my mom's insurance and she had a good record then when I got my own car I got my own plan with the same company and agent and it went down a little. I don't know if having a history with that specific company did anything.

But yeah, if you share a plan with anyone that can affect your premium I think.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    yo @Sarksus make the new chat.

@spool32 is backup.

rRwz9.gif
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Is it offensive to refer to nerds who like Big Bang Theory as "Uncle Tom Nerds"?

This discussion has been closed.