As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Thread

SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
I ain't making a chat thread while I'm on my iPad.

Sarksus on

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That'll do, pig. That'll do.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I approve.

• HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    I had to cut my job down to just weekends to keep up with schoolwork (5 courses). I make roughly $500 a month, which covers my $310/mo car payment and basically nothing else. I definitely could not have afforded insurance without basically handing off the premiums to my dad or something.

Which I guess would've been the better decision, in retrospect.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I was gonna make a Guild Wars 2 OP for a chat thread but I don't want to anymore. I already got enough people who are going to play it. Work is over.

hey man when does it come out i'm kind of good at stuff and i'm fun hello

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I was gonna make a Guild Wars 2 OP for a chat thread but I don't want to anymore. I already got enough people who are going to play it. Work is over.

So, I'm going to ask here since the previous [chat] thread got locked. Is it offensive to refer to nerds who like the Big Bang Theory as "Uncle Tom Nerds"?

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    I had to cut my job down to just weekends to keep up with schoolwork (5 courses). I make roughly $500 a month, which covers my $310/mo car payment and basically nothing else. I definitely could not have afforded insurance without basically handing off the premiums to my dad or something.

Which I guess would've been the better decision, in retrospect.

You live, you learn, buy luvs.

Just bring home a camel in the spring.

Lh96QHG.png

I'll be playing. You sure you want to play?

When it's done. There is no release date yet. They started selling the game and if you prepurchase it you are guaranteed access to the beta weekend events that happen each month. The next one is on the 27th.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    @Sarksus , the missus and I bought GW2 so we should be in on that beta weekend. My name is Riemann.8215

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Car insurance is fucked up. You have to pay 300? I pay like $100.

Those were about the quotes I was getting. The actual company I went with (Mercury) was actually $350, but that was because my dad insisted on them, and he was the one making the down payment, so I didn't argue. It was for a 2010 Corolla, and I'm 23, so I guess that jacked up the price.

I dunno, I guess it also has to do with how long you've been driving? I'm 24, so age isn't always going to fuck you.

Thinking back to when we bought it...

I'm pretty sure it was largely because my dad has an awful driving record. The car is in both our names, so we both have to be on the insurance.

Oh yeah, that'll do it.

Initially I started on my mom's insurance and she had a good record then when I got my own car I got my own plan with the same company and agent and it went down a little. I don't know if having a history with that specific company did anything.

But yeah, if you share a plan with anyone that can affect your premium I think.

They give you some sneaky rating for being a member for X years, paying on time, etc. Some advertise this, some don't. And, as the Allstate agent who advised me against signing with them told me, that rating follows you between companies.

See, I found out that my then-current company had placed my policy in the "double-secret shithead" policy tier which was why I didn't qualify for the services which they broadly advertised and that I was calling about. I missed a payment a few years prior, you see. So I called Allstate, and they said, oh yeah, you're on their shitlist all right, so you'll wind up on ours too. Here's what you do: Get on your wife's policy at company X, she's triple awesome rated. This will expunge your shithead rating if you stay on for a year, then you can take her good rating over to us.

So, there you go. Insurance is tricky. Unless you just pay when you're supposed to and don't have a shitty driving record, but that's no fun.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    Castle you might like it people keep making MOBA comparisons where instead of skill rotations you pick the skill that is appropriate to the situation and I guess the trait system can be like runes/masteries I dunno that LoL shit.

Damnit iOS. If I type something and you "correct" it and then I delete your shit and retype it don't correct me again!

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Damnit iOS. If I type something and you "correct" it and then I delete your shit and retype it don't correct me again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qnd-hdmgfk

@Sarksus , the missus and I bought GW2 so we should be in on that beta weekend. My name is Riemann.8215

I'm "Lambda Knight.7942". Do we have a master list of people and their IDs?

Who the fuck is mercury?
    Car insurance is fucked up. You have to pay 300? I pay like $100.

Those were about the quotes I was getting. The actual company I went with (Mercury) was actually $350, but that was because my dad insisted on them, and he was the one making the down payment, so I didn't argue. It was for a 2010 Corolla, and I'm 23, so I guess that jacked up the price.

I dunno, I guess it also has to do with how long you've been driving? I'm 24, so age isn't always going to fuck you.

Thinking back to when we bought it...

I'm pretty sure it was largely because my dad has an awful driving record. The car is in both our names, so we both have to be on the insurance.

Oh yeah, that'll do it.

Initially I started on my mom's insurance and she had a good record then when I got my own car I got my own plan with the same company and agent and it went down a little. I don't know if having a history with that specific company did anything.

But yeah, if you share a plan with anyone that can affect your premium I think.

They give you some sneaky rating for being a member for X years, paying on time, etc. Some advertise this, some don't. And, as the Allstate agent who advised me against signing with them told me, that rating follows you between companies.

See, I found out that my then-current company had placed my policy in the "double-secret shithead" policy tier which was why I didn't qualify for the services which they broadly advertised and that I was calling about. I missed a payment a few years prior, you see. So I called Allstate, and they said, oh yeah, you're on their shitlist all right, so you'll wind up on ours too. Here's what you do: Get on your wife's policy at company X, she's triple awesome rated. This will expunge your shithead rating if you stay on for a year, then you can take her good rating over to us.

So, there you go. Insurance is tricky. Unless you just pay when you're supposed to and don't have a shitty driving record, but that's no fun.

Yeah I never miss payments on anything or destroy any of the credit-bought property I own so I am on everyone's triple awesome list.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    this is the laziest chat thread ever

what the hell sarks

919UOwT.png

Cool. I am glad these events don't have an NDA so we can coordinate publicly. I am going to be out of town that weekend but I am specifically bringing my laptop so I can play in the hotel room.

• msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    so, this sounds really stupid but poking on facebook is still a way of flirting, yes?

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    fuck you shitheads

poo
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    msmya wrote: »
    so, this sounds really stupid but poking on facebook is still a way of flirting, yes?

That's so 2010.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

ಠ_ಠ

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    People still poke on facebook?

Lh96QHG.png
    IS THAT EVEN A FEATURE STILL

FUCK YOU SHITHEADS

poo
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    thom sorry i jumped off so abruptly there

i immediately turned off my xbox by force of habit

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    So. Portal 2 is pretty great. But I'm stuck again. I think I'm close to the end though.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    thom sorry i jumped off so abruptly there

i immediately turned off my xbox by force of habit

Dude, no worries. I had said good bye. And I'll send a bottle of aspirin to help with the back pain from carrying my ass.

Is this Google Doc viewable by you?

You can use this to list your guild wars 2 accounts I guess

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aok-gczHAbAMdFVZTnR4OEVxcVloUVZ2NlduUnB0d3c

Gooey wrote: »
    this is the laziest chat thread ever

what the hell sarks

FUCK THE POLICE

People flirt by poking? But that's so ambiguous.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Sorry samuel l and Zooey but your commercials for the iPhone where you act like Siri is really talking to you make you look lame. Like. Jabba in a new hope lame.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Language class is awesome.

Learned about some Chinese lady who gave up her child, money, and husband to marry another guy. But then other guy decided not to leave his wife on account of not wanting to make her angry. So the first lady poisoned him with thallium nitrate.

I swear to God there's no such thing as a happy story in Chinese.

Organichu wrote: »

ಠ_ಠ

I poked this chick so hard last night.

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Depends on what you're poking with...

Depends on what you're poking with...

Facebook. It was pretty clear

hjkjhgjhgfvrtseaqAWERTYUJHKL;

poo
    Kagera wrote: »
    Sorry samuel l and Zooey but your commercials for the iPhone where you act like Siri is really talking to you make you look lame. Like. Jabba in a new hope lame.

I was really hoping for more cursing in the Samuel L Jackson one. "Siri, I want you to show me the mother fucking directions to the mother fucking grocery store so I can get some mother fucking lettuce."

Is this Google Doc viewable by you?

You can use this to list your guild wars 2 accounts I guess

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aok-gczHAbAMdFVZTnR4OEVxcVloUVZ2NlduUnB0d3c

Woo! First

Sarksus, have you thought of a name for our illustrious guild?

Kagera wrote: »

I was really hoping for more cursing in the Samuel L Jackson one. "Siri, I want you to show me the mother fucking directions to the mother fucking grocery store so I can get some mother fucking lettuce."

The real samjack is kind of a hippie.

This discussion has been closed.