As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kronus vs. the Image Dump (Page 8)

• Options
    KronusKronus Registered User regular
    Figured I would toss this one up here to show how it turned out, super pumped that it's getting printed!
    TUMBLR.jpg

Also have a few other shirt designs getting printed in the coming months, in particular a variant of the Ocarina design from earlier, as well as the Eleven design in the post just previous to this one. I haven't ordered new shirts in good while so it's nice to get some of my own designs to wear for free :D

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    This is totes belated, but grats on the admission, Kronus! And that second Dr. Who one is something I'd want to own.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    lamelama22lamelama22 Registered User regular
    Loving your designs Kronus... would've bought that Trek redshirt tee if I hadn't seen it a day late. :(

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Congrats Kronus, you're doing some really great work here. I'm jealous of you skills.

• Options
    Huuuuuuge thanks guys!! :D I'm excited to get lots of practice in over the summer, there's nothing better than sitting in the sun for an afternoon while doodling ideas. Once I finish my last exam tomorrow I'll be able to sit down and set some goals for the next four months. Woo!

Here's what I've been working on during exams:
    qYGS7.jpg

• Options
    NicNic Registered User regular
    Fucking bravo, man. You're really good at this whole design thing. My hat is off to you!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks Nic I really appreciate it!! :)

Some stuff from this past week:
    Z87fK.jpg
    ldCmr.jpg
    My Spidey Cents are Tingling

Kronus on
  • Options
    SeraphSwordSeraphSword Sketch Fetishist Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Great stuff here man, I really like that Rockman one. I have to say though, at first I mistook the Star Trek one as saying "lolicon". D:

Mastery is the result of ceaseless error, combined with ruthless self-appraisal.
  • Options
    D:D:D:
    Cannot be unseen

• Options
    Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    I really like the design on the spidey one but the pun kind of makes me want to slap you.

The textural details you've used on the last couple are a pleasent departure from some of your earlier super geometrically perfectly clean ones.

I think you have a very unique and interesting artistic voice which makes me wonder how you would handle more weightier topics. Political or social.

Also silkscreening isn't overly hard or expensive to start. You could easily print your own shirts and sell online. Bet you'd do pretty darn well. Just a thought.

Instagram: fadedsneakers
  • Options
    Hah, yeah a lot of shirt sites prefer to print stuff that are set firmly in the realm of parody (so as to avoid legal issues as much as possible) so I've been thinking of trying some puns just to give it a go, hence the Spidey design :P I like visually clever stuff over straight up puns but it's fun to try new stuff and hopefully it will push me out of my comfort zone a bit.

Textures are fun to work with, I'd definitely like to experiment a lot more in that area. I try to keep to a lot of solid vector stuff because it's easier to print for shirt sites (and less chance of ending up with messy halftones) but it's nice to experiment with textures for prints. Sometimes it's a symptom of doing a lot of geometric designs, I use it as a crutch to try to hide that they aren't particularly intricate designs D: But overall I try to be conscientious of that, it's getting easier as I get more experience.

Unfortunately my location limits my shipping options to either Canada Post, which takes forever, or Fedex/UPS, which are horribly expensive here. When I move to the mainland I'd like to look at doing my own printing but for now I rely on Society6 to do the heavy lifting, which isn't ideal but it works for the time being.

Thanks for the comments!

• Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    I want to make those mega man portraits into stencils so badly.

• Options
    NicNic Registered User regular
    I think with the spidey cent, unless you're going for subtlety, I'd almost prefer it it said "1 Spider Cent" or "25 Spider Cents" or something. That could be just me, and most likely I don't know what I'm talking about. The mario kart one is sheer brilliance.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    No I totally know what you're saying. One thing I haven't really gotten the hang of is objectively deciding beforehand whether or not the design will convey the joke/pun/message without requiring people to read the title, or read words of some kind. Sometimes, if I haven't been very productive for a while, I'll just jump at the first thing I come up with.

Not to turn this into an advertising thread, but I unexpectedly have two shirts up for sale today! I got word just a day ago that my Eleven design was going to get printed Thurs/Fri, and then to my surprise I stumbled upon my print at shirt.woot too! I'm filing it under 'good surprise':

tumblr_m3fjwhHpXm1qggmj0o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m3flbeYLYA1qzwtdlo1_500.png

It's my first print with shirt.woot and I am pumped, instead of being the one buying them, I get to make one of them! :)

Kronus on
  • Options
    I didn't get all that much accomplished throughout May for a myriad of reasons, but now it's June so it's time for new things!

tumblr_m582x4lcQA1qjb8xho1_500.jpg

• Options
    SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    Had to hop in and say that portal poster is awesome.

• Options
    Just a couple of fun ideas I had
    tumblr_m5f7h1oO5q1qjb8xho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m5w014xUET1qjb8xho1_1280.jpg

• Options
    Kim kongKim kong Registered User regular
    Okay, since I can't add any meaningful critique, I'm just gonna praise the hell out of your work and say that, that zelda-design works so great in all it's simplistic beauty that it is nothing short of pure genius.
    Oh, and Valve should just use that design for half-life(2 part)3 (?!) if they ever come around making buckets of money from steam and maybe remember they still have story to finish. truly really good stuff.

(p.s.: Your previous stuff is also pretty rocking of course.)

• Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    loving the shit out of that portal design.
    Had to stare a while at the HL3 one though. Perhaps just rotate the 3 character so it's an upright three with the lamba flag at the top? or would that make it a bit too unrecognisable.

But again, LOVE the portal design.

• Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    Excellent stuff in here dude. Love it.

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Man, I know this probably doesnt belong here, but I thought Id ask anyway, Lets say I want to buy one of your prints ( FOR SCIENCE!!! ), and lets say I live in the other side of the world probably, since I live in Argentina, wich is in the other side of everything.

Do you have any idea if it can be delivered all the way here? is there a shipping fee? would it take ages ? Paypal friendly ?
    SELL ME THE STUFF!! PLEEEEAASE!!!!

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    Man, I know this probably doesnt belong here, but I thought Id ask anyway, Lets say I want to buy one of your prints ( FOR SCIENCE!!! ), and lets say I live in the other side of the world probably, since I live in Argentina, wich is in the other side of everything.

Do you have any idea if it can be delivered all the way here? is there a shipping fee? would it take ages ? Paypal friendly ?
    SELL ME THE STUFF!! PLEEEEAASE!!!!
    Society6 (http://society6.com/iwilding/prints) says "FREE SHIPPING THROUGH SUNDAY, WORLDWIDE!"

• Options
    Yeah the free shipping weeks at Society6 are quite nice, so you're in luck! Thanks a bunch too, it's incredibly rewarding when people are willing to put your brain thoughts on their walls. :)

And thanks for the kind comments too, I had a lot of fun doing that Portal piece so I've started work on some other video game poster ideas. My goal is to get a first draft of something completed this weekend, hopefully saying it in word form will make it happen!

• Options
    Next up:
    690616_6802725_lz.jpg

• Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    How do people always find these clever counter forms in things? Excellent!

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Sublimus wrote: »
    This was Moss' answer to that:
    5089795191_6717443c60_o.jpg

• Options
    m3nace wrote: »
    Sublimus wrote: »
    This was Moss' answer to that:
    5089795191_6717443c60_o.jpg
    He missed the step where you drink lots and lots of coffee, otherwise spot on

Coffee has magical thinking powers.

• Options
    That Metroid image is awesome, it would make a great poster.

Mastery is the result of ceaseless error, combined with ruthless self-appraisal.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Finally something new:
    85Eiw.jpg

Kronus on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    those last 2 posters are aces!

• Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    agreed shadow one is beautiful.

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    I saw you update the title and said to myself "this is probably the one I saw on reddit".

Yep, awesome.

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    dat negative space

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Kronus wrote: »
    Finally something new:
    85Eiw.jpg

You have some amazing stuff in here Kronus!
    I've never played SotC, but all I hear are good things around these parts and now I want to play it just so I can say I have so that I can buy a print of this.
    Because it is so good.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    That.

I want that in me.

Also pretty much all of your stuff- it really seems like you've found a great groove.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, it was nice to finish something after months of unproductivity and get good comments! I've been working on a couple of shirt designs and a poster in the meantime, I've just been so busy with school work that it has been slow going on my personal work. Since I know I'm not going to get a chance to work on this again for a few days, here's my next work in progress. I still have a lot of work to do on it but I think it's in good enough shape to get some comments and critiques:

yeSvA.jpg

I had to stop midway through the title bit so the red stuff behind the title just stops at the moment, just wanted to do it up to a certain point to get a feel for how it would with the rest of the poster. Unfortunately I won't be able to print it with the black border, I was just playing around with it. I like it a lot, maybe I will do a couple of custom prints like this in the future. I've been asked for wallpaper sizes of my last few posters so with this one I'm going to try and design a landscape view as I'm making the poster (I didn't include it here because I haven't quite gotten that far yet :P) and include little doodads and references that I can't fit in the main poster. I think it will be nice to have a bit more stuff in the wallpaper version instead of a zoomed and cropped version that I did for my last two posters.

Relevant: Shadow of the Colossus wallpaper (2560x1440)
    Super Metroid wallpaper (1920x1080)

• Options
    Semester completed, I now have a month to get stuff done! Let's start with this:
    eLScP.jpg

• Options
    That's terrific. I wish I could say something more substantive, but there you go. Keep make cool things.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I kinda like it without the textures, the first one is really appealing.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    EDIT: In retrospect I entirely regret going to town on that Mario Galaxy poster, you were totally right Iruka D:

Here's what I've been up to over the past few months!
    tumblr_mgchkrc3yl1qjb8xho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mhbs58BVZ01qjb8xho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ml3m95LIEz1qjb8xho1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ml3m95LIEz1qjb8xho2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mmths27nrZ1qjb8xho1_500.jpg

Kronus on