As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PROTOTYPE2]: Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold - Old Klingon Proverb

• SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    This is the first time I have ever seen anyone compare Prototype to Web of Shadows.

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Yeah.

Mayhap there is a reason for that.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I knew this was going to happen. I don't approve of this at all. Just ignore it. Jesus. It doesn't matter what one guy thinks. You aren't going to change his mind.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    Point taken. Alright, back to the Prototype discussion. I really dig that the fist time we play as Heller is
    before Mercer infects him.

• YarYar Registered User regular
    Prototype is Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. Very similar gameplay and mechanics (plus goo and disguises), same devs. In a more general sense, it does resemble Web of Shadows and Infamous and a few others. But it's Hulk:UD all the way.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Point taken. Alright, back to the Prototype discussion. I really dig that the fist time we play as Heller is
    before Mercer infects him.

Me too.
    One of the things I'm looking forward to is Heller starting out as an experienced combat professional before he gets his goopy upgrades.
    Whereas Mercer went from basically zero to her...well...zero to goopy.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Wow, I have never seen a group of fanboys like this on PA forums ever before. I apologize for bringing up my own personal opinion (which is what forums are for in the first place) and get back to my original question of what is Prototype 2 bringing that Prototype 1 doesnt?

Also this http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26914827

pawa24 on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    pawa24 wrote: »
    Wow, I have never seen a group of fanboys like this on PA forums ever before.

See, this right here? That's the opposite of endearing. The passive-aggressive followup isn't helping you either.

Less of this bullshit, more Helicopter Uppercutting.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    The Radnet stuff is at the end of the video. It's the random challenges that were in Hulk:UD and Prototype. I really don't need those.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    what is Prototype 2 bringing that Prototype 1 doesnt?

More things to elbow drop obviously!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Renzo wrote: »
    The Radnet stuff is at the end of the video. It's the random challenges that were in Hulk:UD and Prototype. I really don't need those.

From my understanding you get some special moves along Radnet too (or by doing the challenges perhaps?) such as the black hole move and others.

I think I'm getting it on release, so might as well get the Radnet Edition over the normal edition at the same price.

Edit: On second thought It might be some preordering nonsense that gives these extra moves, not sure.

Sirialis on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    what is Prototype 2 bringing that Prototype 1 doesnt?

More things to elbow drop obviously!

And this is all that matters.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The IGN thing makes this game look nice. I hope I get it. :)

I'm digging the cutscenes in that Sin City style.

there isn't nearly enough chiaroscuro or stylized light/dark contrast to call it sin city style, but the black and white schtick is cool

edited April 2012
    there isn't nearly enough chiaroscuro or stylized light/dark contrast to call it sin city style, but the black and white schtick is cool

Strong_sad_trogdor.PNG

A little chiaroscuro shading...

CaptainNemo on
    man, i miss homestar runner

• KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt9WWh2e-fE

Can't wait. I just can't wait.

MGRSig2.jpg
    Wow, I have never seen a group of fanboys like this on PA forums ever before.

I thought Prototype was a good game with some flaws. A fanboy wouldn't say that. Regarding the comparison to Prototype and Web of Shadows - they have some really basic similarities, but saying they're literally the same game? That's like me telling my friend he should pick up Deus Ex because he enjoyed Modern Warfare. They're just so stylistically different.

edited April 2012
    Please let it go.

I don't want to watch that pack leader video. I need to be able to function between now and monday. I can already guess what it is about.

I am probably the only person in the regular posters here genuinely happy to get the completely random challenges back. They were easily one of my favourite parts of both hulk and prototype. I was pretty bummed they were leaving it out. I despise that it's dlc but eh, at least it's there.

Morninglord on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Please let it go.

I don't want to watch that pack leader video. I need to be able to function between now and monday. I can already guess what it is about.

I've been on blackout till this week, but I started watching the videos. Including the above one.

Tuesday morning feels like its so far away now...

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    Oh dammit it's tuesday not monday. That's one more sleep. Maybe they'll break street date...

Prototype 2 PS3 review scores 9/10 in Official PlayStation Magazine UK
    So, good then. The online embargo for the full Prototype 2 review isn’t until 4pm on the 24th so you’ll have to wait for the full details. In the meantime I can share a few choice cuts of what our reviewer had to say.

Writer Rob Taylor describes Prototype 2 as, “the ultimate manifestation of comic book violence”. The sandbox gameplay sees you playing as a mutated soldier called Heller, using his shape-changing powers to avenge the death of his family.

That means jumping and slicing your way through crowds of civilians, soldiers and monsters, or using weapons, tanks, helicopters and other vehicles. The options are plenty and Taylor says, it’s got “a menagerie of new tricks up its gene-spliced sleeves”.

“The combat recalls GOW meets Arkham City, though it’s far more simplistic,” he explains. While it’s not perfect – “The oft-repeated dodge moves and finishers against tougher identikit enemies grate before the end”- it is, according to Taylor, “a far stronger game in every aspect than the original and a compelling counterpoint to Infamous 2″. He closes by describing it as, “a gore-packed sandbox masterpiece”. There’s a box quote if ever I heard one.

That's good news. My wife pre-ordered this as a birthday present for me. She didn't know what games to get me when (i've been babbling about this, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma and AC3) and then didn't know which version. I told her normal, because I don't really care about all of that junk in the collectors/special/whatever/80 goddamned dollars edition.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Woah that live action trailer is really really good.
    Gonna be sad if Heller ends up evil too. D:

Also, looks like Mercer intentionally infected Heller? Like he just wanted something cool to fight. :P

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant

Also, looks like Mercer intentionally infected Heller? Like he just wanted something cool to fight. :P
    I'm guessing Mercer thinks he needs someone to help him deal with the new Blacklight outbreak.

I'm guessing Mercer thinks he needs someone to help him deal with the new Blacklight outbreak.
    Evolution requires conflict...

Evolution requires conflict...
    Oh shit. Maybe Mercer is trying to make someone strong enough to take down PARIAH.

• yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    Hey, at least you guys get to enjoy the game on the 24th. Crazy work hours plus events after work have conspired to ensure there is no point to me getting it before the 30th.

I will think of you while goopying things.

July for the PC version is too far away. :(

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Kitsuna wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt9WWh2e-fE

Can't wait. I just can't wait.
    Doesn't involve new ways to elbow drop tanks. I doubt I'll use that ability much.

wWuzwvJ.png
    To each their own.

I like taking the hands off approach myself, so I foresee myself getting a lot of use out that ability.

That said, there is something incredibly satisfying about taking the hands... er, elbows on approach.

MGRSig2.jpg
    edited April 2012
    I'm going to summon them and then elbow drop tanks. At the same time.

I hope you can also pull people to you with whip, because I'm also going to stand on a high building, summon them and send them in, then toss pedestrian bombs at the whole lot of them from my perch. And then self destruct them for the finish.
    Ole!

I made the mistake of watching that last night. It's gonna be a long day.

Morninglord on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    put down my preorder, and of course got talked into buying the collector's edition... i'm weak.
    really excited for this.

edited April 2012
    I paid this off in full today. In 15 hours I can go pick it up.
    Then I will dematerialise from this earthly plane for a few days.

Morninglord on
    edited April 2012
    *Blinks*

Huh. Everything I read says that Europe gets this on the 24th...

You mean I'm not going to have to wait until Friday evening to play this like I normally have to?

:mrgreen:

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    @Gamer magazine gave it 4.5/5.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    Kitsuna wrote: »
    *Blinks*

Huh. Everything I read says that Europe gets this on the 24th...

You mean I'm not going to have to wait until Friday evening to play this like I normally have to?

:mrgreen:

Sydney time. Sorry mate.

I HAZ EEET

MAI PRECIOUSSSSS

The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Return-of-the-King_2316_6.jpg