As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[4e DnD] (OOC) Temple of Elemental Evil

• IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    Hey everyone, was going to get something up last night but ran out of steam after a day of white water rafting for a company event. Will have a post up tonight to respond to Flight and Faergus.

@Litejedi - Hope you had fun at PAX. I'll be headed to PAX Prime in the fall...already can't wait!

Sorry for the delay, folks. Post is up though, and I'll give everyone a chance to respond if they would like.

Remember, you can always use this thread to meta-game a little and figure out what approach you're going to take, and don't be afraid to throw in a skill check or two if you think they'd help.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Well, after making the deal, we can't really leave Yargrosh behind. Of course, I don't think we'll have much luck fighting or winning conversation rolls against this guy.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Alfonse_PalansoAlfonse_Palanso Registered User regular
    *Agree Valesti* I cant leave my new buddy behind.

• 3seed3seed Registered User regular
    I suspect this is about to hurt.

FUS RO DAH! ;)

j/k, but yeah, this might hurt. Hopefully have the update up tonight. We'll move Faergus's initiative down to the bottom with Lareth, and you can resolve your charge after Lareth's actions are completed.

Ok, so a couple of notes:

1) Just so noone thinks I was picking and choosing attack rolls (not that anyone is, just figured I'd be transparent). I listed out everyone in the description of the power, then rolled a bunch of attack rolls and just assigned them straight down the list. Just happened to work out that I hit every time.

2) @Lord Palington - Flight mentioned that they moved up to stand next to 'the rest of them', which I assumed was the Summoned Toad. So I moved you up two squares, then slid you two squares out. If you wouldn't have been standing next to your toad, but rather in your previous position, let me know and I'll change your position based on that.

3) Since Lareth's held action triggered with Faergus's charge, and the attack included forced movement on Faergus, the charge is nullified. By rule a charge ends a person's round, but we haven't been playing it that way, so Faergus still gets his Move/Minor if he wants to use them, then we'll flip to the top of the round.

Don't mind me, I'm just nice and safe behind this corner over here.

uyvfOQy.png
    And with a Perception as bad as Lareth's is, he won't be seeing you anytime soon :D

Lucky you valesti, you can get some CA. I get to be up close and personal, with Mr. Beautiful. ;-)

*hair flip*

• Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    You had the correct position for me.

SrUxdlb.jpg
    Okay, my post is up. I changed my mind partway through and decided to burn an action point. Faergus thought it was important to make a good showing. :-)

As a heads-up, my wife and I will be going out of town for a couple of days. I expect to be back before Faergus's turn comes round again though.

sorry for the wait guys, though it probably gave faergus some time.

edited April 2012
    FYI, I forgot to note it in my post, but any enemy adjacent to Faergus at the start of its turn is under Divine Sanction till the end of its turn thanks to Majestic Halo. This effect lasts until the end of the encounter. I'll go back and add it to my post.

I don't know if this means it applies to Lareth's OA or not. You'll need to rule on it, Illianthar.

3seed on
    edited April 2012
    I'll read it a bit before I make a call. I'm thinking that RAW would say it doesn't apply yet, since he hasn't started his turn, but I'm not sure that it's not intended to effect out of turn actions prior to the start of the turn. I'll update later.

Either way, he's taking the OA. Lareth is nothing if not a pompous ass.

Edit - Better yet, I just looked at it. Opportunity Actions cannot occur on the creature's turn, they have to occur on someone else's turn. Therefore Majestic Halo cannot apply, since it says that the creature must start it's turn.

So he won't take the 8 radiant, unfortunately.

OA coming.

Illianthar on
    *whiff*

• LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    Positioning was good enough to get everyone with my verse of triumph. +1 damage, saves, and a free shift when an enemy drops. Will format soon!

3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
    @Lord Palington - I don't think your frog can pull Lareth through Faergus's square. I can't find the corroborating evidence right now, but I think forced movement still has to be legal movement, so not through opponents' squares, and not diagonal across a corner.

Now, if @3seed wants to use his free shift to move out of the way, which would be prior to that attack...

Either way he'll take the damage from Frog's attack.

• Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Oh okay. I don't have anything in front of me, but I thought you just couldn't end their turn in another's space.

Though come to think of it, that may be shifting. However you want to do it works.

SrUxdlb.jpg
    If Faergus shifts to H6, can the frog pull him to H5?

Frog could either pull to H5 or I6.

Frog will follow Faergus's lead on that, so you can maek poast assuming which one works better for you.

SrUxdlb.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Faergus shifts to H4, so either option could work for keeping Lareth adjacent, which is my only concern. Go ahead and build it into your post.

Also, let's make sure the corridor out is blocked. I don't want this guy to run off like Drex.

3seed on
    Fixed at H5

SrUxdlb.jpg
    Sounds good. Let's see where everyone else shifts to, then gnoll 3 and guard 1 will act.

Shift Valesti to H10.

uyvfOQy.png
    Shift to I2, I guess

Ok, still pending Quinn's shift, but figured we could get the next couple of actions taken care of.

And on that same note, another enemy drops, so everyone can take ANOTHER free shift, if you want (you can always choose to Shift 0 Squares, if you want)

So that mean's Quinn can shift two squares. I filled a couple of squares around Quinn's current location, so I hope those weren't the squares that you were going to move to (I can always adjust if they were).

Then Valesti is up. You can incorporate this second free shift into your regular post, if you want.

edited April 2012
    Faergus stays where he is for now.

Does this mean we're at +2 damage, saves, etc. too?

3seed on
    I'd focus on the grunts, but it's actually easier to hit Lareth, if he's in Flight's aura. Also trying to keep the hallway blocked, and keep an eye out in case Drex returns.

uyvfOQy.png
  • LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Nope, I actually hadn't been planning on shifting much, I'm trying to keep the guards distracted atm (might even mark one).

Edit: Scratch that, shift me up to K6. Also, make sure gnoll 3 gets his temp hp for dropping that rabble.

Litejedi on
    3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
    No shifting necessary here.

SrUxdlb.jpg
    3seed wrote: »
    Faergus stays where he is for now.

Does this mean we're at +2 damage, saves, etc. too?

Just +1. The main power's effect was just +1 to damage/saves, then the rider is that you get to shift around when things die.

I'll update Gnoll 3 w/ the 4 TPH

Ill move to J2

edited April 2012
    Just a note to Alfonse that he gets a saving throw (with the bonus) against the blindness before his turn officially starts.

3seed on
    And remember everyone has a +1 to saving throws already from Quinn. So thanks to Faergus, I'll be +6.

@Alfonse-Palanso you can make your saving throw at the beginning of your turn (technically right before your turn, bu it works out the same way). You have to get 10 or higher, so with a +6 just a 4 will do it :) Then you'll not be blind for your actual attack.

Isn't Lareth still in Flight's aura, so Yargrosh has CA against him? That attack should hit, then.

uyvfOQy.png
    I just found my copy of the text for Punish the Malevolent, the power Faergus used first used against Lareth. It looks like I misremembered it--being able to convert a miss into a hit doesn't kick in till 11th level. Faergus's Majestic Halo misses, and Lareth gets back 22 HP. Also, there's no Divine Sanction in effect. I'll go back and fix the post.

Sorry about the error.