As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri LibrarianRegistered User regular
edited May 2012 in Social Entropy++
iSKCwHzeDGIgJ.jpg

Last Thread

Legend of Korra is the new show that continues the hit series that was Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's pretty good, so if you have the chance check it out on Nick Saturdays @ 11 or on your favorite VOD stores a while later you really should. Also check out the original series on Netflix instant or just buy the DVDs, you won't be disappointed.

Characters:
Korra

ib2n3rvoWXHmSK.jpg
Voiced by Janet Varney

Korra is the new Avatar, born in the southern water tribe, she learned how to control water, fire and earth at a very young age and as the show starts she is going to Republic City to learn from Tenzin about how to control air. She's brash and doesn't really like to think things through preferring to just hit it with brute force. She is rarely seen without her faithful polar bear dog Naga.

Tenzin

izV1Tr1bffJ1c.jpg
Voiced by J.K. Simmons

Avatar Aang's youngest son, he teaches the art of Airbending. Always trying to remain calm, his patience is constantly tested by not only Avatar Korra but by his children, all of which are Airbenders.

Bolin

ibwOpiSysdhZei.jpg
Voiced by P.J. Byrne

An Earthbender who grew up on the streets of Republic City with his older brother Mako. Despite his hard life growing up he always has a grin on his face and a lady on his arm. He also founded his own pro bending team "The Fire Ferrets" named after his pet.

Mako

ib1xgAFSSmNZ7H.jpg
Voiced by David Faustino

Mako is the older brother of Bolin, more hardened by life on the street then his brother, he is willing to do anything to get them a better life, joining in the pro bending tournaments for the prize money.

Chief Lin Bei Fong

iKxcxOa3ODYLq.jpg
Voiced by Mindy Sterling

Daughter of Toph Bei Fong, Lin has risen through the ranks of the Republic City Police to become the chief. Even though she and Korra are on the same side she views Korra as Republic City's biggest threat and seeks to push her out.

Amon

iWCc4YSpvJJsd.jpg
Voiced by Steve Blum

Not much is know about Amon other the fact that he hates benders, seeking to wipe them out with the help of his group, the Equalists.

And remember when all else fails BE THE LEAF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQjY-iHiUE

2ohWien.png
Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
Munkus Beaver on

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Is the third episode today or next week?

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Psyched as heck!

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I almost forgot about this

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    oh
    oh
    what time does it come on

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    22 minutes

unless you on the west coast

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    oh right there in the op huh
    saturdays at 11
    good thing i'm not working today on a saturday ha ha ha ha ha
    that would be terrible

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I'm really kind of hoping that Amon isn't one of those gloating characters, because those bore me.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Amon seems like a genuinely terrifying threat so far

PNk1Ml4.png
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    This thread needs more Fire Ferret

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    hm let's turn on nick early-oh wait spongebob

nope

f you bugboy spongebob owns

it's one of those things I can't sit through anymore

instead I went and caught the end of young justice

that, in fact, owns

hey, shortened intro!

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    oh my god the previous episode summary is an old timey newsreel

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Recap dude is best character

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Meelo is still the worst character. I'm still struggling with myself regarding buying the season pass. I gots no cable, but 30 dollars is so steep. :(

Is

is it really cheaper to hire firebenders to direct lightning instead of just sticking a wire in there

it's cool, though

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Is

is it really cheaper to hire firebenders to direct lightning instead of just sticking a wire in there

So apparently Lightning Bending is more common now.

bolin you dummy

Fencingsax wrote: »

I think they were just redirecting it and not making their own

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Holy crap, the triad groups in Republic City

The Triple-Threats
    The Monsoons
    The Agni-Kais

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular

Seems less likely. Only two people knew that technique.

More metalbenders, more lightning benders seems more likely.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

One of the people that knew the technique founded Republic City though.

Backgrounds at night = GORGEOUS!

Oh wait, totally forgot I still had 20 bucks left on my itunes gift card. Shit yes.

Goddamn the itunes store though. Why the hell did it ask me for my password 5 damn times during the process of buying that season pass?

yeah but there's no reason zuko couldn't have spread it around

and lightning is shown as something incredibly difficult that some firebenders just straight-up can't do

redirecting it is depicted as something that's pretty easy in principle

yeah but there's no reason zuko couldn't have spread it around

and lightning is shown as something incredibly difficult that some firebenders just straight-up can't do

redirecting it is depicted as something that's pretty easy in principle

also it looked like they were touching the generator behind them with one hand while they fired lightning with the other

polar bear doooooooooooooog

Tai Lee Ninjas are the Anti-Benders

the equalists have
    anti-bending gas grenades?

pretty scary

alright, leaving this thread until the episode is up on itunes since you dudes are talking pretty openly about it. which is fine, so long as no actual spoilers are going on. laters!

speaking of spoilers
    I guess mako is literally firebending batman

BatMako

BugBoy wrote: »
    the equalists have

pretty scary
    I don't those are anything other than just like, smoke grenades. They could bend just fine after.

the equalists have

pretty scary
    I don't those are anything other than just like, smoke grenades. They could bend just fine after.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure them being unable to bend was a residual effect of getting stunned by the chi-blocking punches

well I thought the other way was cooler

brb building headcanon

the equalists have

pretty scary
    Yeah I'm pretty sure them being unable to bend was a residual effect of getting stunned by the chi-blocking punches

Maybe they aren't just redirecting the lightning, maybe they are the transformers.

This discussion has been closed.