As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX Pokemon League 2012: Rivals!

191011121315»

• Options
    VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    cocowoushi wrote: »
    Volaro wrote: »
    Coco, your Zororororoak definitely caught me off-guard :p And you had a rapid spin Blastoise too, didnt you? And that Nidoqueen... Bah! I only lost to you this year! I expect to resolve that next PAX!

Hehe! If you want a rematch on Wifi we could do that, but my levels vary between 63-52.

Mine are in that general area as well. Some are in the 70s though. You use Pokemon Online at all? Wi-fi's limits are terrible. :(

• Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Are you guys still planing on using black and white next year at East?

This space for rent
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    [Whoops double post.]

Heleor on
  • Options
    We're still unsure of how B/W2 will interact with B/W. Because of this, we'll be waiting on more information to be available before making that decision. Sorry I can't give you an answer right now!

• Options
    cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    Coco, your Zororororoak definitely caught me off-guard :p And you had a rapid spin Blastoise too, didnt you? And that Nidoqueen... Bah! I only lost to you this year! I expect to resolve that next PAX!

Hehe! If you want a rematch on Wifi we could do that, but my levels vary between 63-52.

Mine are in that general area as well. Some are in the 70s though. You use Pokemon Online at all? Wi-fi's limits are terrible. :(
    Sure, we could do that too!

• Options
    QuilliamQuilliam Registered User regular
    Two things: First I'm a sucker. Despite already beating the main storyline and getting rid of the game once I just re-bought White in preparation of White 2 in the fall and the league next year. I figured why let my kid have all the fun...

Second - my son brought his makeshift badge case and his four badges to school for share time (aka Show n Tell) last week. He was basically king shit on turd island for the day. All his friends were super impressed and thought that him actually beating gym leaders was the most awesome thing ever. Thanks again to the leaders he battled - off hand it was a ghost gym, cave gym, flying/air, water...we had to bolt before he could battle the bug king sadly.

I hope i'm this awesome as a parent some day...

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Thanks - I think my son and I just have too much geeky stuff in common (and I'm sure my wife would agree to that!)...to share here are some shaky cell pics of the case we created:
    Outside View
    IMG_20120412_202029.jpg

Inside view - basically cloth folded over
    IMG_20120412_202048.jpg

• Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    That is amazing and you are amazing. I hope your son has the chance to battle again and earn more badges in the future!

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Hm, I can see a Stone, Sheep, and Lumber pokemon, maybe even a Brick pokemon...

What do you do for Wheat, though? And what would be number 6? Hm....

Depends on how the team ended up being balanced. # 6 could be inspired by the desert, or ocean, or the robber. Yeah, not really sure what I would do with brick other than using a pokemon with a brick pattern or something like Rotom-H which kind of looks like a brick, don't you think? Wheat could be Scyther, but I'm not sure if I could live with the pun.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »

Depends on how the team ended up being balanced. # 6 could be inspired by the desert, or ocean, or the robber. Yeah, not really sure what I would do with brick other than using a pokemon with a brick pattern or something like Rotom-H which kind of looks like a brick, don't you think? Wheat could be Scyther, but I'm not sure if I could live with the pun.

Possibly the Fighting Pokemon that has two concrete pillars?

• Options
    QuilliamQuilliam Registered User regular
    Heleor wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »

Possibly the Fighting Pokemon that has two concrete pillars?

That would be Conkeldurr, which is a definite possibility. Timburr, the first stage, would also work for wood.

• Options
    If the sixth Pokemon ends up being the robber, it better have Embargo or Thief in its moveset! That'd be perfect.

• Options
    If the sixth Pokemon ends up being the robber, it better have Embargo or Thief in its moveset! That'd be perfect.
    Or Covet! ;)

• Options
    Or Covet! ;)

<mumbles, kicks aside an errant pebble> Or Covet, yes...

• Options
    Geodude
    Mareep / Whimsicott
    Shiftry / Sudowoodo
    Claydol [I think the official name for Brick is Clay]
    Mow Rotom? [Wheat is hard...]
    Purrloin

Now who can make this team work? :D

• Options
    I'm curious to know what pokemon Easter eggs everyone took! And what you are doing with them/keeping them.

Mine are still in a bag until I figure out where to put them. Ones I grabbed off the top of my mind:
    - Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry
    - Cleffa/Clefairy
    - Nidorina
    - Rotom (no form)
    - Yanma
    - Ditto
    - Ferroseed
    - Bellossom
    - Glalie
    - Shuckle (To give to Rainbow)
    - Nosepass (To give to Mr. Moustache or Gingerstick)
    - Kricketune (To give to Mr. Moustache)

And my best find: Substitute Doll
    I think I even have more but I don't even remember.