As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] PLEASE POST IN NEW THREAD

• Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    Those are pretty slick. Nice work.

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Ashe wrote: »
    I think the denizens of these forums like collecting things. Now, I can't offer anything on a par with The Wall from New Vegas, but I am working on adding a bunch of unique/rare collectible cloaks to Cloaks of Skyrim. Hand-placed, static loot, with a bit of flavour text. Rewarding exploration and whatnot! Hoping people will enjoy either stumbling across them whilst on their travels or actively going out to collect 'em.

Eventually aiming to add quite a lot, but 5 uniques are done so far and will be included when I next update the mod. I just wish the bit where I can write descriptions was longer, to add more flavour text or back-story for each cloak!

Linky link please?

Linky link!

The uniques aren't in just yet. But am trying to get little updates done on a regular basis, so a few of them should appear soon!

PS - They aren't going to be absolute works of art or anything, as I'm still strictly amateur!

Still, my brobox 360 chars want them! Curse my choice of system to get my Elder Scrolls fix!

ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I downloaded some mods today and started up a new character. Right now I've only got WATER and SkyUI going, any other suggestions for good mods? I don't necessarily want things that change the base game experience, unless they're really awesome. I might do that Cloaks mod, not sure.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    I forgot the question part of my last post where I was going to ask a question.

How bad is my character going to be by not using enchanted weapons. Armor that is found and already enchanted is good to go, but anything that requires me to use a soul gem will not be used.

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I downloaded some mods today and started up a new character. Right now I've only got WATER and SkyUI going, any other suggestions for good mods? I don't necessarily want things that change the base game experience, unless they're really awesome. I might do that Cloaks mod, not sure.

The OP still has a decent list of mods you may want to check out. I updated it just now with a few new ones/replacements.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    CangoFett wrote: »
    I forgot the question part of my last post where I was going to ask a question.

How bad is my character going to be by not using enchanted weapons. Armor that is found and already enchanted is good to go, but anything that requires me to use a soul gem will not be used.

You should be fine. You might want to invest in smithing to make up for it, though.

Dashui wrote: »

The OP still has a decent list of mods you may want to check out. I updated it just now with a few new ones/replacements.

I downloaded most of them this morning. So preeettyyyyy! It's like I'm playing a different game, especially at night.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    For anyone on PC who finished the Companion's quest for curing Lycanthropy, and was annoyed by the bugs: fix with console.

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    For anyone on PC who finished the Companion's quest for curing Lycanthropy, and was annoyed by the bugs: fix with console.

I'm pretty sure I did that, and guards still talk about fur in my ears, but I think that's the only part of it still active... and I'm not sure there IS a way to stop that anymore.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    edited April 2012

I downloaded most of them this morning. So preeettyyyyy! It's like I'm playing a different game, especially at night.

Enhanced Night Skyrim is gorgeous. Were you also using my ENB mod?

I'm thinking about uploading it to the Nexus, but I'd have to come up with a better name and go around getting permission from other authors, I think.

Dashui on
  • ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    SammyF wrote: »
    So I've got a question about the quest "Blood on the Ice" in Windhelm,
    I can't find Viola Giordano. I've walked the streets for several days, I've made the rounds at Candlehearth Hall upwards of a dozen times, and I've even picked the lock at her house and then let my character sit in a chair for basically an entire day waiting for her to wander in. I later found a coffin in the temple of arkay which contained a lot of personal effects, including the key to her house -- is she somehow dead in my game?

I already know who did it. When I gave up on finding Viola, I went to Calixto's, picked his pocket, and used his key to locate the last journal and the murder weapon. Is there *any* way for me to clear this quest without finding Viola?

That quest bothered me something awful.
    I mean, I figured it out the minute I set foot in that creepy museum. Then I stole the killer's key and yoinked the evidence (which hilariously lists as red-for-stolen... yes, guards, please take this stolen property. Maybe look at it before you give it back to him, though). I tried to take the evidence to the authorities. No dice. I even tried to kill him, but he's invulnerable while the quest is active. Why do I have to go through the song and dance of stopping him moments before he takes his next victim if I already have everything I need to stop him because I've seen a crime movie before?

I know, right? There's one of these "solve a murder" quests in every single Elder Scrolls game, at least as far as I can remember, and I always enjoy them because they're the sort of quests that encourage you to read/listen to the other characters in the game and think about what they say. I have no idea how I broke this one, but I'm aggravated as hell.

Ugh, I just found out that 'Blood on the Ice' was borked in my new game as well. At least I found a work around, but it wasn't the same.
    The effing quest starting guard never spawned, despite the fact that I made sure to not to go beyond the intro test quests for the Civil War and made sure I fast traveled, etc... There was a corpse, three witnesses and everyone standing around like nothing happened. I ended up having to break into the evidence house (which eliminated all the background for the quest and causes it to make zero sense) to start the quest, and of course that ends up leaving the corpse to forever sit in the graveyard.

Kainy wrote: »

I'm pretty sure I did that, and guards still talk about fur in my ears, but I think that's the only part of it still active... and I'm not sure there IS a way to stop that anymore.

You did the Construction Kit fix? It worked for me (I mean, worse comes to worse, you could actually remove the dialog items entirely).

Enhanced Night Skyrim is gorgeous. Were you also using my ENB mod?

I'm thinking about uploading it to the Nexus, but I'd have to come up with a better name and go around getting permission from other authors, I think.

I decided to go with the Realistic Colors and Real Nights mod, mainly because I don't want to increase my graphics requirements TOO much. I only have a Radeon HD 6700 series, so it's not top of the line and I don't want to stress it out too badly.

• Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    Elixir wrote: »
    Fleeb wrote: »

That can't be real...

or can it...

The chronicle of one man's descent into madness?

This is some intensely House of Leaves shit.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I should make a mod where when you steal someone's soul and enchant a weapon with it, that weapon constantly spews banter at you with their voice

override367 on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular

That can't be real...

or can it...

Not even close to being on the same level. Just some pretty pedestrian creepypasta.

I should make a mod where when you steal someone's soul and enchant a weapon with it, that weapon constantly spews banter at you with their voice

Please name it the "Lilarcor" mod!

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

I want black gems to record the name of the slob inside.

Preacher guy in Whiterun? He gets a special place in my trophy collection.

edited April 2012
    I decided to make a new character since I haven't played in a long while and haven't even finished the game. I played a pure warrior the last time, but now I'm thinking assassin. That's hard to do with so many great skills to choose from, though. I want bows. I want sneak. I want daggers. I want light armor. I like smithing! I want magic. I might just end up using that dragon souls to perks mod so I can have a bit of everything.

Anyway, screenshot!

http://i.minus.com/iGB4RJZVP543J.png

I might tweak her a bit more, but I'm mostly happy with how she turned out.

Dashui on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy called. They want their hair back.

Just kidding! She looks good.

steam_sig.png
  • HewnHewn Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »

That can't be real...

or can it...

Not even close to being on the same level. Just some pretty pedestrian creepypasta.

Well, fake as it appears to be, I'd be terribly interested in a Skyrim mod that was insanely creepy for the sake of being insanely creepy. Has anybody taken on this charge?

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
    I want a hide helmet mod, dammit. Someone make one!

Also pretty screenshot:

kbgUmUbZcNHk7O.jpg

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    You mean something like this? It doesn't hide every helmet, so it isn't perfect, but it takes care of most of them.

So, the ENB "Zoner" pack is quite nice. Despite myself, I even liked having the tiny bit of film grain there too (black bars, though? fuck no, I'm already playing at 1080p). I do wish it didn't turn on during loading screens, , but hey, that's nothing really.

The principal advantage is the near-nonexistent FPS cost. Any other ENB packs people recommend for someone who's running the HD textures and doesn't want any further slowdown?

edited April 2012
    So, the ENB "Zoner" pack is quite nice. Despite myself, I even liked having the tiny bit of film grain there too (black bars, though? fuck no, I'm already playing at 1080p). I do wish it didn't turn on during loading screens, , but hey, that's nothing really.

The principal advantage is the near-nonexistent FPS cost. Any other ENB packs people recommend for someone who's running the HD textures and doesn't want any further slowdown?

Most of the ENB mods have the same performance, particularly if you disable SSAO. I've been taking and updating comparison shots of most of the popular ENB mods (I disabled SSAO in all of them) if you want to window shop:

http://ambitious-pen.minus.com/

I haven't tried Zoners yet, though. I could take some comparison shots of it if you'd like.

Dashui on
    edited April 2012
    Thanks, Dashui, I'll check it out.

Nice screenshot, I hope. Capturing a moment in a killmove is surprisingly challenging.
    A8B9B8C6951C67CCC4B7E7DE322638C8CC6D3956

A Forsworn assassin seeks revenge on a Stormcloak. Or someone dressed as one, anyway.

Synthesis on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I played a lot of Skyrim on the PS3, but now that I have a decent PC I'm just waiting for a steam sale to get the game and install some of these mods.

Did I understand right and they added some kind of interface to just install mods easily? Like Civ 5 for example?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    edited April 2012
    anoffday wrote: »
    I played a lot of Skyrim on the PS3, but now that I have a decent PC I'm just waiting for a steam sale to get the game and install some of these mods.

Did I understand right and they added some kind of interface to just install mods easily? Like Civ 5 for example?

Steam Workshop. You can access it from your library. It doesn't have everything, though, and it's not great for mods with lots of customization. There's also the Skyrim Nexus mod manager. It downloads mods with the click of a button from the site and installs them for you.

I've kept the OP updated with a decent list of mods, too, if you need a good starting point.

Dashui on
    edited April 2012
    On the matter of ENB, has anyone had the problem that Skyrim always crashes when you quit, so you have to use the task manager to get out of the game? It doesn't crash before quitting, thankfully.

I've never had that happen before. Are you sure it's ENB? Which one are you current using?

Edit: Time travel!

Dashui on
    On the matter of ENB, has anyone had the problem that Skyrim always crashes when you quit, so you have to use the task manager to get out of the game? It doesn't crash before quitting, thankfully.

edited April 2012

I've never had that happen before. Are you sure it's ENB? Which one are you current using?

This has happened a lot recently.

But back on topic, yeah, it's definitely ENB. Skyrim had problems prior to this, but never this. I'm using 1.08 (just the most recent one, I thought), and only using the Zoner pack.

I might try switching to 1.03. I'm using the Injector version right now, just because that seemed to be the one that everyone uses. The last time I used ENBseries was way back in Resident Evil 4 PC, when there was only one version of the program.

Synthesis on

But back on topic, yeah, it's definitely ENB. Skyrim had problems prior to this, but never this. I'm using 1.08 (just the most recent one, I thought), and only using the Zoner pack.

I might try switching to 1.03. I'm using the Injector version right now, just because that seemed to be the one that everyone uses. The last time I used ENBseries was way back in Resident Evil 5 PC, when there was only one version of the program.

Actually, try the 102 dll version first.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Echo wrote: »

I want black gems to record the name of the slob inside.

Preacher guy in Whiterun? He gets a special place in my trophy collection.

The gem will pester you about it being part of almighty Talos' plan

that's why you turn that guy into a sweet roll and eat him

Skyrimnexus has a top ten, just go there and install the ten most endorsed mods of all time!
    Don't do this

override367 on
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Skyrimnexus has a top ten, just go there and install the ten most endorsed mods of all time!
    Don't do this

Unfortunately, "Detailed Werewolf Assholes" is incompatible with "Physx-enabled Werewolf Assholes"

edited April 2012

Don't do this

Actually, Override's on the right track. I'd seriously suggest checking each category--or the ones that interest you--and looking through the top endorsed stuff for a few pages.

Obviously you'll see a lot of stuff that doesn't interest you--and I'm not even referencing the hilarious stuff--but it's still way more stuff than'll be on the Steam Workshop (with far ore options). Try it!

Also, it's double hilarious that the profile name above me is "Dongs Galore." For a second, I thought I was at Nexus...

I might try switching to 1.03. I'm using the Injector version right now, just because that seemed to be the one that everyone uses. The last time I used ENBseries was way back in Resident Evil 5 PC, when there was only one version of the program.

Actually, try the 102 dll version first.

Thanks, I'll try that. No performance hits or anything?

Synthesis on
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    You can also refine the search by using the most endorsed files, non-adult list. Cuts out all the animated prostitution and whatnot.

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    Though not the insanely gratuitous Gears of War-levels of violence, mind you.

I think that'll still be there.

EDIT: @Dashui, switching to the dll from 1.02 did in fact stop the crashes. Do you know if I will be missing anything from the later versions if I use the same pack ("Zoner") and going back to Wrapper, rather than Injector? 1.08 seemed to make mention of adding to HDR also.

Synthesis on
    edited April 2012
    Though not the insanely gratuitous Gears of War-levels of violence, mind you.

I think that'll still be there.

EDIT: @Dashui, switching to the dll from 1.02 did in fact stop the crashes. Do you know if I will be missing anything from the later versions if I use the same pack ("Zoner") and going back to Wrapper, rather than Injector? 1.08 seemed to make mention of adding to HDR also.

I think 108 is an experimental version, which is why you don't see it used much with other ENB mods. It has performance improvements, but not support for various adjustments and settings anymore.

Dashui on
  • WadeWilsonWadeWilson Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Has anyone turned off all quest and compass markers and played only with clairvoiance? I think I'm going to give it a go.

Also is there a mod that allows you not to
    kill Parthunax, and keep working with the blades? I wants both, damnit.
    I found one on nexus, but the description read like it's borked.

WadeWilson on
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    WadeWilson wrote: »
    Has anyone turned off all quest and compass markers and played only with clairvoiance? I think I'm going to give it a go.

Also is there a mod that allows you not to
    kill Parthunax, and keep working with the blades? I wants both, damnit.
    I found one on nexus, but the description read like it's borked.

I just use one from the workshop. I don't know if it's the same one you're looking at on the Nexus, but it works fine for me.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=8503

Are you the magic man?
This discussion has been closed.