As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] - Tigers and Angels and Pirates, Oh My!

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Granderson homered in first 3 ABs, now 4-4, has at least one more at bat to tie HR record

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Mr. HibbertMr. Hibbert Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Granderson homered in first 3 ABs, now 4-4, has at least one more at bat to tie HR record

5-5; earned that last hit. 3rd time in his career he has 5 hits in a game; BA up about 75 pts

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Interesting statistics:

How many players in all of Yankee history have ever had a 5-hit game that included 3 home runs? Other than Granderson, none. Ever.

Also, Mo recorded career save number 606. 5 over Trevor Hoffman (the second greatest reliever of all time), and 128 over the next closest on the list. I didn't even realize he apparently passed up Hoffman at the end of last season.

Crazy.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    The A's keep on beating the Angels.

I'd better not get used to this or the season may start to seem fun.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Tuesday, the M's were up 8-1 and lost. Up 1-0 in the 9th last night with Felix's absolute gem on the line and blew it. Lost 2-1.

I'd like to avoid chugging grain alcohol this early in the season, but they are not making it easy.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    I'd like to avoid chugging grain alcohol this early in the season, but they are not making it easy.

Try being a Red Sox fan. I need to start buying my booze at Costco. And billing it to the goddamn bullpen. This weekend with the Yankees may result in my death by alcohol poisoning.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Try being a Red Sox fan. I need to start buying my booze at Costco. And billing it to the goddamn bullpen. This weekend with the Yankees may result in my death by alcohol poisoning.

Bobby V has already Grady Little'd us twice in 11 games can we fire him yet

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ehh, you people don't know how bad you have it with pitching. Try being a Rockies fan.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular

Good news. Kevin Millar and Pedro Martinez are leading Red Sox fans in a toast.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    edited April 2012
    and that makes two Sox pitchers who have given up 5 homers in a game this year. And we've got, what, 150 games to go?

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Kemp hits numero ocho

Also, fun fact of the night: Carlos Lee has not struck out against Ted Lilly in 55 ABs, the longest active streak in the majors

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Is there a normal channel I can watch the dodger game on? I don't have any crazy sports channel package.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Is there a normal channel I can watch the dodger game on? I don't have any crazy sports channel package.

It's on MLB network right now here on the east coast. Outside of that I have no clue.

Carlos Lee just struck out in his 56th AB vs Lilly. Jinx'd it haha

• toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/schedule/broadcast/index.jsp?c_id=la

Unless you're in the local market for a team, you'll pretty much always need a crazy cable package or MLB.tv

OTP.jpg
  • LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    I'm beginning to think that passing on Kemp with the #3 pick was a bad life choice.

Beginning to think passing on Kemp with the no. 2 pick was a worse choice. WHERE ART THOU PUJOLS

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Man, I really like Yahoo's Full Count. I don't have cable, so it's such a super-easy way to keep up with everything. Even if I'm doing something else, I usually have it in the background on my laptop.

Philip Humber has a perfect game through 7 innings against, who else, the Mariners

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    through 8 innings, now

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    3 outs to go. Dad just called and let me know. This is on Fox though right? Because they are showing the Boston Yankees game atm.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Check MLB Network if you have it. They always cut to perfect games in progress. Not sure about Fox, I think it's Sox/Yanks nationwide

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Weird, MLB Network isn't doing it, or is still waiting to. Fox is showing it in split screen. 8.1

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Hope he doesn't get Armando'ed

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Reverse-Armando'ed

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    I don't know I thought he broke. But fuck it. 21st ever, 3rd for the White Sox. That was pretty awesome.

u7stthr17eud.png
    edited April 2012
    Sox led 9-0, now trail 12-9. Sox relievers have pitched 1+ inning, given up 9 hits, walked 5, and allowed 12 R (10 ER). Your 2012 Red Sox!!! I wish we could've led 15-0 just so we would've blown an even bigger lead

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • PlushyCthulhuPlushyCthulhu Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I don't know I thought he broke. But fuck it. 21st ever, 3rd for the White Sox. That was pretty awesome.

Man, I was offered tickets to go to this game, but turned them down because I went to the one last night... Congrats to Humber!

Steam/LoL: plushycthulhu
    Sox led 9-0, now trail 12-9. Sox relievers have pitched 1+ inning, given up 9 hits, walked 5, and allowed 12 R (10 ER). Your 2012 Red Sox!!! I wish we could've led 15-0 just so we would've blown an even bigger lead

I'm just going to go stick my head in the god damn oven. It'd be less painful than watching our bullpen continue to play for the opposing team.

Man, I was offered tickets to go to this game, but turned them down because I went to the one last night... Congrats to Humber!

I was in Chicago on an all-day layover during Buehrle's perfect game. I was actually debating between getting tickets for the game and trying to swing an earlier flight out. I ended up getting the earlier flight. =[

• DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular

I was in Chicago on an all-day layover during Buehrle's perfect game. I was actually debating between getting tickets for the game and trying to swing an earlier flight out. I ended up getting the earlier flight. =[

Who can blame you?

It's the White Sox. You don't stay in Chicago an extra day to watch a White Sox game.

y6GGs3o.gif
    Demerdar wrote: »

Who can blame you?

It's the White Sox. You don't stay in Chicago an extra day to watch a White Sox game.

Well, I have a mission, as it were, to visit every major league ballpark, and I'd never been to US Cellular. My exhaustion (I was coming home from a trip) got the better of me.

• SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Bravos win again. They're playing damn good ball lately.

Bravos win again. They're playing damn good ball lately.

The back end of that bullpen is to die for. And as long as Freeman, Heyward, and Chipper don't go into a collective slump they'll be right there at the end of the season, especially if they get on base and hit solidly after the ASB when all that wear and tear of catching will start getting to McCann.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    The Rangers really don't need help winning games, so it's kind of obnoxious when the winning run scores on a bunt off the batter's knee.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

nice job predicting the yanks final score

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Variable wrote: »

nice job predicting the yanks final score

I'm so excited that tonight got rained out

that's how I feel about this season

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    I am afraid to get my hopes up but the Rockies have won their last three series(Arizona, San Diego and Brewers). Today's pitching was excellent. They are hitting in the clutch. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. And by drop I mean pull a Chicago Cubs where we collapse so completely we make the Astros look good.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Daniel Bard just got temporarily assigned to the bullpen. Should be permanent.

I have Papelboner's Remorse

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Daniel Bard just got temporarily assigned to the bullpen. Should be permanent.

No, it shouldn't be. He's worth a lot more as a starter than as a reliever. Plus, it's generally easier to find decent relievers than decent starters. This looks like a panic move to me and a bad way to jerk Bard around during his currently effective transition.

This discussion has been closed.