As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic

• Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Wow. Just watched the finale. Great end to a great season. Guess it will be a spell until whatever's next starts up so it's time to jump back through the archives. These two episodes with the musical numbers makes me wonder what the community is going to do with them. I imagine entertaining things.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    rc_techrc_tech Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It was great because Celestia for once was not just standing around, and she was feared by villains. Also, it was kinda odd seeing Luna pop out during the night but not for the wedding.

Also I was hoping the final song was a bit longer.

rc_tech on
    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    So are Changlings the canon explanation for why there are occasionally multiple copies of ponies in the same shot?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Blurbl wrote: »
    So are Changlings the canon explanation for why there are occasionally multiple copies of ponies in the same shot?
    conspiracykeanu1.jpg

rc_tech on
    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis
  • Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    song in the first half was a complete bust, a clunker

that song in the second half, though, was probably the best in the series so far

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Fighting is magic just got its whole story written by this finale episode...
    fightingc.png

The mane 6 fighting changelings.

rc_tech on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    They had me sold at:
    Princess Myamore Cadenca! Who the hell is that!

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    SIBSY's (The story board artist) Pony Wildfire also made an appearance.
    38962032753095204721199.jpg

Also I think you can see Soaren's mark in the photos. 1080p soon?

rc_tech on
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So did anyone else get a bit of a
    Reaper/Zerg Invasion vibe when the changelings started coming down like asteroids?
    Also that was a great Disney like villain song.

JMan711 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I was really impressed that they got us to care. Personally, I was not too eager about the finale since it felt like Hasbro cramming a wedding down the writers' necks to sell more crap, but kudos to them for actually making us care about it in a rather clever way.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I just loved the villain. I have a bit of a soft spot (to put it mildly) for depictions of shapeshifters/changelings, so this was right up my alley.. to the point where I am thinking of changing my avatar once high rez images/good fanart comes out.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    That was, hands down, the greatest thing the MLP team have ever created.

There nothing that anyone can tell me to make me believe that they could have improved upon it.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    I just loved the villain. I have a bit of a soft spot (to put it mildly) for depictions of shapeshifters/changelings, so this was right up my alley.. to the point where I am thinking of changing my avatar once high rez images/good fanart comes out.
    My one quibble.
    It would have been incredibly awesome if the changelings were already IN the city and the shield was just to prevent help from coming IN. Would have been a ridiculous reveal having half the wedding attendees be changelings.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LilliLilli Registered User regular
    Well I enjoyed that, but I'm not sure it quite lived up to all the hype. It was still quite good though.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    My one quibble.
    It would have been incredibly awesome if the changelings were already IN the city and the shield was just to prevent help from coming IN. Would have been a ridiculous reveal having half the wedding attendees be changelings.
    I was expecting them to be the guards. I'd also like to know just when the switch was made, and how the hell Shining Armor didn't notice.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Watching this now. It better be awesome.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I expect fans will animate Spike's Bachelor party over the break.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Ok, laying the attitude change on a bit thick.

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    Ok, laying the attitude change on a bit thick.

It's still a kid's show.

... For about 15 more minutes judging on when you made that post.

• Options
    Yeah, I know. Also, nice songs.

• Options
    Ok that was pretty great.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    that was a pretty cool fight scene

broken image link
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Loved the songs, loved the animation, loved the tugging at the heartstrings.
    iRinRDgc3Cvmk.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    gpvbZ.jpg

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Lilli wrote: »
    Well I enjoyed that, but I'm not sure it quite lived up to all the hype. It was still quite good though.

It's basically how I feel as well.

Use it!Use it!Use it!Use it!Use it!

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Are there any well known sites that do reviews of the episodes?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    EQD will probably have a review up tomorrow.
    Everfree Radio does a good job reviewing episodes. Granted its in podcast form on the youtubes.

On a side note I noticed I drew a lot more when ponies were on hiatus last year than when it was airing. Perhaps it's time to pick up the stylus once again.

Riokenn on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I must acquire a gif of
    Pinkie using Twilight as a magic rifle.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I must acquire a gif of

Linked for big.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    LilliLilli Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'll admit though, I really loved this song. Obviously you shouldn't listen to it if you haven't seen the episodes yet. Edit: I'll put it in spoilers just in case.

Lilli on
  • Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    I must acquire a gif of

Linked for big.

:D YES

Thank you so much

• Options
    Also, after having watched the whole thing, I have to say it was a much better finale than the last one!

Hell, it was probably the best of the season. Of course it was a two parter, but still.

Music was really good, animation was top notch as always, and I had a few great laughs as well.
    The Changling Queen is an amusing villain. I hope we see changelings again.

• Options
    Ihwkq.jpg
    hubworldflashfiles now canon.

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    The Changling Queen is an amusing villain. I hope we see changelings again.
    Who says we haven't already?
    wxMVS.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Hah!

Also
    I cannot emphasize enough how happy it makes me that we got an eleventh-hour villain song. I love this show.

Goatmon on

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Honestly though, I thought last years finale had better music.
    At the Gala is still one of my favorites.

I like the theme that all finales so far have been at Canterlot.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    If I were to make one suggestion,
    I wish it would have been longer. Three-parter or feature-length. Room for some more explanation or foreshadowing on things, stretch out the second half more, so the battle and resolution didn't feel so rushed.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Holy crap.

("This Day" cover. tagged for spoilerish preview image)

Goatmon on

• Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    My one quibble.
    I was expecting them to be the guards. I'd also like to know just when the switch was made, and how the hell Shining Armor didn't notice.
    He probably did notice, but that's the funny thing about mind control spells: he didn't tell anyone.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    We need an all-pet episode.

We're definitely due for one.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.