As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

There's no job thread? Now there is!

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    It's cool. I'm just taking it as it comes. Will move home and play some Diablo 3 and maybe do some online courses or learn a language and then hit up Vancouver.

Good on you!

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    So my boss was at the fair, lost her voice, decided to leave an hour AFTER the time it was already supposed to be over, and gets up to do so, 50 people mob her, shoving resumes into her hands. I am fairly happy to not really be part of the hiring process. I'll look over the short list, once there is one.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Eee finally an interview time

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Vancouver is the best 'couver

What's the worst 'couver?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Vancouver is the best 'couver

What's the worst 'couver?

... vancouver

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Undercouver, spy work is terrible

(I'm British, we add Us to things)

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Undercouver, spuy wourk is terrible

(Iu'm Britiush, wue audd Uus tuo thiungs)

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    and that's how the letter 'w' was invented

british people

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So I am pretty confirmed that I'll be returning to Washington on May 20th. I have committed to finishing performing our reenactment of the War of the Worlds radio drama for the stage & radio, but past that I am leaving.

Hopefully upon returning to WA I can find a job close to home & pull in some money for PAX as well as build my little nest egg to find my own place come the fall.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    w, more like double v

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Every time I think my complicated work entanglement starts to simmer down (and I can get over it), something sparks it back to life which I subsequently read too much into and ffffFFFFFF.

WOMEN.

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Today was a good day.

Had to build a static display at a Garden Fair (think mass group of nurseries and lawn / garden retailers) for our store. So I loaded up the flatbed with a menagerie of things we carry; lots of plants, small chicken coop, log swing, pavers, bags of soil, stock tanks, and built a nice display of it. Oh, forgot I took pictures!

imgp7851q.jpg
    imgp7848.jpg
    imgp7847b.jpg
    In retrospect, not my favorite display I've done ... it's more product placement. I like the doozies I've put together that basically look like you took a chunk of woodland stream and placed it in the middle of our nursery, and it's all self contained. Those were fun.
    My favorite part is combining the plants and 'cheating' to put them together so they look planted, basically concealing the pots and all that. I try to have an eye for color.

Anyways, the whole thing took a toll on my back, and my shoulders and neck are feeling it, but on the plus side by the time we got back to the store because of road construction, I only had to work 20 more minutes, and I just hung around the service counter until then.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Whee at an interview for teaching fellowship. Getting more excited for this as time goes on. 5 mins until my actual interview, going crazy.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Come on lady, it's too early for screaming. If you have to scream, come back and get your vagina pierced after 3.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    @MetroidZoid that is a really nice display, it looks lovely!

• mullymully Registered User regular
    nice pictures, @metroidzoid ! That looks awesome! We had a seminar yesterday at work about gardening on balconies / inside apartments and now i'm all stoked to grow some stuff.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    @DrZiplock

#1 priority should be developing ways to reduce shipping to the Europes and expand your business that way.

I seem to recall a number of occasions when I totally would have bought some cool stuff as presents for people, but the shipping costs killed me dead.

That is what you should be telling the management all day everyday.

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So I am pretty confirmed that I'll be returning to Washington on May 20th. I have committed to finishing performing our reenactment of the War of the Worlds radio drama for the stage & radio, but past that I am leaving.

Hopefully upon returning to WA I can find a job close to home & pull in some money for PAX as well as build my little nest egg to find my own place come the fall.

Sorry the south didn't work out for ya!

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    New Mexico isn't the South!

(Unless you meant in a general geographical sense and not the region.)

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    The interviews with the 2 SF companies seemed to go really well.
    One of them will contact me Monday-ish, the other's CTO is traveling until mid next week, so probably Wed/Thurs.

Also I think I saw @Tossrock in the SFO airport yesterday.

nevillexmassig1.png
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    New Mexico isn't the South!

(Unless you meant in a general geographical sense and not the region.)

General geo :)

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    skettios wrote: »

Yep... Oh well!

A little bit after I get back I'll get in contact with Dom for some type of hangout.

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Where do we send the pizza?

TG-HQ, an address listed under the "Bug Us" section of the website. But, Dave....you're acting hiiiiighly suspicious.

In more serious news:
    Just got asked by the president for a 5 minute sit down. I've just been charged with developing the company's purpose, mission and vision AND a "rallying cry" of sorts for the year. The purpose, mission and vision is to be presented, by me, at the upper management offsite meeting in August.

I've been here a week and I haven't even done anything yet.

There are so many cultural and office political style landmines that surround this that I'm not comfortable posting them here.

Either way, looks like I'm in for a penny and in for a pound.

'To be wicked sweet'

'Be Excellent To One Another'

nevillexmassig1.png
    So I just got back from performing in the murder mystery show, which went terrific.

558582_10150831247386095_719811094_11828389_35235674_n.jpg

This was me, the ill-mannered & fantastically rude French Canadian DNA analyst. I made fun of every one of my co-workers, drawing any amusement from their sorrow while hitting on every elderly woman in the room.

I was pretty much the French Canadian equivalent to this scene:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSFg3pAprdg

Up to including do this hand-buzzing and the super-close sex talk. At one point I went up to a woman at a table and whispered at her:

Me: You know why I like DNA?
    Her: Why?
    Me: It never lies/ It can't lie, won't lie. It doesn't deceive, just like me. Baby I'd never lie to you.
    Her: And... And I'd never lie to you either.
    Me: I know, I know...

At the end of the evening a couple folks thought I might be the killer but the over-whelming majority thought it wasn't me as they couldn't see me doing it (because I was just too sweet).

All in all, a good performance.

• CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    I would have thought you were the killer cause you look shifty as fuck

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    Don't I ever!

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Shifty McFister

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    been doing video and after effects stuff again for some side projects lately.

i think it would be pretty fun to get a job using after effects. you can do some pretty awesome stuff with it.

though id probably have to take a major pay cut to transfer to a different field like that.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    Hrmmmm

I need to stay at some point this week and make up like an hour and a half of work. Might as well do it today...

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    So, walked out of the store with just shy of $40 for 12 deliveries. Just over half that was gas reimbursement. So, I either got absolutely boned on tips, or I dropped a ten or twenty someplace and made someone's night, or I got cheated without realizing it (busy night, plus the cook screwed up 3 of my orders, so I was rushing around like a madman). I'd rather think that I got screwed on tips, but I'm 90% sure I didn't... and the other two alternatives make me feel like shit.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Networked with some of my dad's rich pals over a round of golf last weekend. Looks like they want to check out my resume! This is good.

Ugggggh

Who would have thought just 2 more hours on top of a 12 hour shift would suck this much

I'm struggling. I'm hungry. I'm tired.

edited April 2012

Yep... Oh well!

A little bit after I get back I'll get in contact with Dom for some type of hangout.

:^:

Also by that time, we should be settled in our new place :)

skettios on
  • SliderSlider Registered User regular
    I'm hoping I get hit while riding my motorcycle so I won't have to go to work for a while.

• TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    The interviews with the 2 SF companies seemed to go really well.
    One of them will contact me Monday-ish, the other's CTO is traveling until mid next week, so probably Wed/Thurs.

Also I think I saw @Tossrock in the SFO airport yesterday.

Hahaha no way, I was flying to San Diego. You should have said hi!

sig.png

Yep... Oh well!

:^:

Also by that time, we should be settled in our new place :)

Awesome!

• existexist Registered User regular
    Slider wrote: »
    I'm hoping I get hit while riding my motorcycle so I won't have to go to work for a while.

Jacket policy that bad, huh

UmPiq.png
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Scudo wrote: »
    every time I have to sit through some social media presentation about how we're going to get people to engage with our brand on Facebook and Twitter and tell our company story I just want to be like

the only people who are actively on our social media pages are either old people trying to contact their nieces or angry people wanting to complain at something. it's a fucking glorified customer service line. this is the reality of corporate twitter accounts. nobody is getting home at night, cracking open a beer and sitting down to read our CEO's travel blog.

maybe I'm too cynical, but fuck.

I'd find that tumblr funnier if they didn't mostly seem to be by the same few people

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    There are a very very very very few companies that do it right, and there are a lot of charlatans out there eager to convince everyone with a federal tax ID that they need a twitter account.

Favorite company twitter is BrightHouse, because they will actually accept and complete support issues completely through DM's, no "call this number, send an e-mail here", they just DM you back and forth until it's resolved.

@UPS is pretty great like that too

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Oh my goooood I want this job I want it so bad

how many dicks to I have to suck to get it

like seriously just line 'em up, I'll gargle some olive oil and go to town

This discussion has been closed.