As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NHL Thread: Can Lidstrom Unretire? Please?

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    He pushed Bryzgalov into the net. That's... kind of not allowed.

And shockingly, the Wings eulogy on Puck Daddy manages to

1) Fit in every Detroit cliche
    2) Make a joke about Gordie Howe's Alzheimer's
    3) Make a joke about Konstantinov that was so tasteless Puck Daddy eventually spiked it.

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    wait...

they called that back?

hahaha holy shit.

that is amazing.

• JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    In Toronto for the night with the fiancé. Managed to get checked in and up to the hotel room just in time for the last 5 minutes of the game. Wooo!

not that t matters, but how in the fucking world do you call that goal off?

it was marked as a goal on the ice.

the penguin player was shoved in the back

the puck went in before the whistle.

i dont even

It wasn't called a goal on the ice, one of the linesmen or the center ice ref with a better view correctly pointed out that Neal shoved Bryzgalov's left pad into the net in order for the puck to get in.

And as usual, the Puck Daddy eulogy for the Wings combined incredibly bland and cliched jokes about Detroit with incredibly tasteless jokes. Including one the editors eventually spiked about Konstantinov!

It was called a goal on the ice.

Ref behind the net pointed it in, like, five times.

Yes, neal was pushed into the goalie.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    not that t matters, but how in the fucking world do you call that goal off?

It was James Neal. They tried making up for the non-call on the headshot to Jagr. ;)

To the next round! Doop doop doop!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85

"On the ice" distinguishes from "by Toronto." The four on ice officials waived it off.

• SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    If the Caps post a win a couple hours from now, this will officially be the day everyone's bracket died.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I noticed 3 times Hartnell was on the ice, broke his stick and then threw it. Real classy.

Anyways, I really hope that Sid loses his C this off season. It's becoming more and more apparent every season that we won the cup because we had other players like Guerin to be leaders, not Sid. Waited a year for him to come back, whole team starts slacking when he does, and I guess he never bothered to tell them to step it up again or anything? Hell, even when we won game 4, it's because Mario came down and had a little talk with them in the locker room after game 3.

14 blocked shots from the Pens, 8 from forwards. 40 blocked shots from the Flyers, 10 from forwards. That is flat out embarrassing.

Blendtec on
    18 fucking saves.

Jesus the flyers got out played this game.

wish fleury wasnt balls tonight.

dont know what i was expecting.

"On the ice" distinguishes from "by Toronto." The four on ice officials waived it off.

No. The ref on the goal line pointed that the puck was in.

Like 5 times.

Dont know what you were watching.

One hand pointing downwards towards the ne is the signal for a goal.

Two hands waving it off t,is the signal for a non-goal.

No. The ref on the goal line pointed that the puck was in.

Like 5 times.

Dont know what you were watching.

One hand pointing downwards towards the ne is the signal for a goal.

Two hands waving it off t,is the signal for a non-goal.

Which is why I say four. They consulted, came to the conclusion that Neal shoved Bryzgalov into the net to score the goal, and waived it off. Yes, the guy behind the net confirmed it was in the net initially, but then the other three came and one of them convinced him it was not a good goal.

There was no call from Toronto.

Blendtec wrote: »
    14 blocked shots from the Pens, 8 from forwards. 40 blocked shots from the Flyers, 10 from forwards. That is flat out embarrassing.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    The Flyers showed up to play defense.

Have a great summer Penguins! The playoffs will be better off with fewer headshots.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
    The playoffs will be better off with fewer headshots.

Amen to this.

bYf6vNQ.png
    redfield85 wrote: »

Havent seen the numbers, but pretty sure the guins dominated possession, which is what most people refer to as out playing.

also, home team stat keeper show the home team throws more hits blocks more shots and wins more faceoffs???

Amazed. never woulda seen that coming.

Meh. Flyers blocked a shit ton of shots. Even the announcers were saying it. That didn't happen in the other games. You can have all the possession you want. We will keep you to the outside and give you nothing to look at. :)

bYf6vNQ.png
    Go Caps!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Great deflection by the Bruins on the first goal, great answering marker by Green that showed amazing presence of mind. Looks like it's going to be a good one.

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    And as usual, the Puck Daddy eulogy for the Wings combined incredibly bland and cliched jokes about Detroit with incredibly tasteless jokes. Including one the editors eventually spiked about Konstantinov!

Yeah that was a pretty bleh eulogy. Then again I don't know if anything will touch the one for vancover last year, the images were just...amazing. like this one.

eulogy_remembering_the_vancouver_canucks.jpg

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
    redfield85 wrote: »

Havent seen the numbers, but pretty sure the guins dominated possession, which is what most people refer to as out playing.

also, home team stat keeper show the home team throws more hits blocks more shots and wins more faceoffs???

Amazed. never woulda seen that coming.

Almost triple the blocked shots though, that's not just home team advantage, that's being outplayed. It's not like all those blocks were in the 3rd either, we had ample time to see how the Flyers were playing and to try to adjust and we just never did. The other stats are fairly even actually, but just watching the game, it wasn't there for the Pens.

edited April 2012
    Was Niemi bad in the SJ-STL series. That probably the one I watched the least, and I see him getting poo pood, but when you lose 3-0, 3-1, 2-1, it seems looking at the goalie...is missing the giant non-scoring elephant in the room.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
    The first goal last night was awful. Mostly it was just the incredibly boring Blues playing incredibly boring Hitchcock hockey because teams always buy into his system for about 18 months and then the fact that he is by all accounts a complete asshole kicks in and they quit on him.

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, I totally called Philly in 6... :D

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    SEEEEEEEEEEGUIN

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • RenaissanceDanRenaissanceDan ‎(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) Wentzville, MORegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Was Niemi bad in the SJ-STL series. That probably the one I watched the least, and I see him getting poo pood, but when you lose 3-0, 3-1, 2-1, it seems looking at the goalie...is missing the giant non-scoring elephant in the room.

He was actually really good for the better part of the series. He just got limited support. Blues managed sustained pressure in most periods, Sharks were one-and-done most of the time.

Also, Blues goals come on redirects/rebounds most of the time. Call them awful goals if you want, they count the same as end-to-end goals. They're a better team for Hitch's system than previous teams: mostly young, selfless players with a couple of former old-guard Hitchites. Two outstanding goalies who come up big when they need to.

It's also hard for me to find their games boring when ANY SHIFT can and will score.

But then, I'm biased. I grew up with the Blues. Watched them fade into obscurity. And the resurgence this year has been a treat to watch.

RenaissanceDan on
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

It wouldn't have changed the outcome...but if Hartnell's was a goal...Neal's was too.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Am I delusional for believing the Canucks can come back from 3-0? Because it feels like it's going to happen. This city got electric the day it was announced Daniel Sedin was going to be playing in game 4, and I have to admit that Schneider is a better goalie than Roberto Luongo. I'm so excited I feel like my skin is on fire.

I want to put this in writing so I'm not called a liar later, but we are going to win this series. Then lose to Nashville whenever we face them.

Sampsen on
    Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
    Was that a whistle because schniders mask was loose?

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • ShockwaveShockwave Back In Black Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Whatever happens, I admire how the Nucks' are looking focused and relaxed tonight.

shockwavesig.jpg
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Oh my

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    That should have been a penalty, right?

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    I don't think so, just a broken play

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    I was wrong, and now I am sad.

That wasn't a penalty, he just fell down while trying to do too much. *sigh*

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
    Yeah that was actually clean, and not clean because officials will never blow a whistle in the last five minutes or overtime of a tied playoff game.

Over/under on goals in the Blues/Kings series? Like 12 in 6 games?

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Bizarro playoffs continue

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Wow, that's crazy.

I take solace in that fact that at least the Pens didn't go out like the Canucks.